Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2005   #101
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 51474 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not agree that Wand has far less talent than Wade. Wade regressed as the year went on last year. We do know that Wand costs far less than Wade, and that is important.
Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #102
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 51474 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
All we need is someone to maintain Freeney. Wand is not that person, I think Freeney has the most sacks against him.
The Patriots contained Freeney by using a tackle and a guard on him. If our center could block a DT, we could do that too.

If every OT that Freeney beat is bad, then there are a bunch of bad OTs in the league. Freeney is just very, very good. Give him some credit.
Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #103
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
Come on now! I was not saying that Wade is a god...He is good, no John Hannah, but good. Wand is far less a tallent then Wade!!! Plus, last I checked, the LT is more important to DC than the RT.
Ah you didn't get it. I was making fun of "Rome wasn't built in a day." I was talking about Jim Rome, not the city. It was a bad joke.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #104
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Ah you didn't get it. I was making fun of "Rome wasn't built in a day." I was talking about Jim Rome, not the city. It was a bad joke.
Stupid me!!! I'll come correct next time....Late...
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #105
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91312 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I just got through reading all the posts, after hearing about Pace being in town.

I'm sorry . . . the answer is no.

If he was 26 or 27 years old, maybe. But he's almost 30, just beginning the down side of his career, and he probably wants a 7 or 8 year deal . . in which he'll give us 3 years if . . . . if . . he stays healthy.

And to echo other people's thoughts, the problem on the OL wasn't LT, it was the interior.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #106
GotMojo80
Rookie

does Pace have familiarity with the zone blocking scheme? i know hes better a better pass blocker than run.
GotMojo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #107
twinkletwinkle
Rookie

Clone. Does anyone else think Rome is not that funny. I mean some of the shows are cool but for other broadcasters to copy his style?? He isn't that funny. And if I hear one more wannabe Rome reading local emails I am going to get Sirius on them.
twinkletwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2005   #108
texansfan1974
Veteran

we have already discuss this 30 is young for an o-linemen
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #109
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
The Patriots contained Freeney by using a tackle and a guard on him. If our center could block a DT, we could do that too.

If every OT that Freeney beat is bad, then there are a bunch of bad OTs in the league. Freeney is just very, very good. Give him some credit.
The Patriots used several different ways to contain Freeney. At times they'd put two TEs over on the side that Freeney is on to make him have to go that much farther to get to Brady. They also used a WR and OT to bracket him. The WR was in the slot in the spread formation with 3 WRs on oneside (with Freeney) and one WR on the other. Then at the snap the LT came up to meet Freeney and the WR came up to engage Freeney as well. The LT kept Freeney from spinning to the inside and the WR kept him from going around the corner to get Brady. You've got to open up the playbook if you want to contain Freeney especially with him switching from RDE to LDE on any given play. Keep him and the Colts on their toes and you'll be able to beat them.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #110
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Well, I just got through reading all the posts, after hearing about Pace being in town.

I'm sorry . . . the answer is no.

If he was 26 or 27 years old, maybe. But he's almost 30, just beginning the down side of his career, and he probably wants a 7 or 8 year deal . . in which he'll give us 3 years if . . . . if . . he stays healthy.

And to echo other people's thoughts, the problem on the OL wasn't LT, it was the interior.
I tend to look at players in 4-5 year windows. Did you know that there are only 19 players on the Patriots roster that have been there for all of the the last 4 years of their 3 of 4 Super Bowl run? A lineman is in him prime from around 27 till about 33 for the most part, so we should get a good 4-5 years out of him. After that, who cares? I bet a good majority of the players we see here today are not on the team 6 years from now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #111
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91312 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle
And if I hear one more wannabe Rome reading local emails I am going to get Sirius on them.
Why don't you just bite the bullet and get Sirius. I listen to NFL Siriius Radio, and it blows away anything else on. If you're an NFL junkie going through offseason withdrawal, you're nuts if you don't get it.
Old 03-14-2005   #112
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I hate to see us give up a 1st rounder, Id say do it. You know David would be much more confident in the pocket knowing Pace was watching his blind side. The 1st, Sharper, Wand trade seems reasonable, but in no way would I ever want Dunta included on any trade, period. The idea of giving up Wade instead of Seth is intriguing, but I dont think that'll happen. If they dont want Wand, then we may throw in one of our 3rd rounders.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #113
Paragon Blue
Veteran

If this does not happen every time Carr gets sacked we are going to be telling ourselves that we should have picked him up. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Paragon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #114
Caw Daddy
Rookie

Default **** pace

almost 30, too expensive, and we need our 1st rounder. if you guys havent noticed, if u win more, ur pick gets lower. these are the years we get the guys to build the team around. when we start winning games and get like the 20th pick, it wont nearly be as nice as a 13th
Caw Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #115
twinkletwinkle
Rookie

I will get Sirius, dont worry, just waiting on the new decks to come out. As for the guy who thinks Pace is too old, I am from Houston and being from Houston I remember guys like Bruce Matthews and Mike Munchek playing till they were 45. O liners can play for a while.
twinkletwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #116
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I tend to look at players in 4-5 year windows. Did you know that there are only 19 players on the Patriots roster that have been there for all of the the last 4 years of their 3 of 4 Super Bowl run? A lineman is in him prime from around 27 till about 33 for the most part, so we should get a good 4-5 years out of him. After that, who cares? I bet a good majority of the players we see here today are not on the team 6 years from now.
I just hope he's worth the price . . . because it's gonna be huge.
Old 03-14-2005   #117
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I want that line fixed, I don't want it at this price. . . He's too old, to expensive, and is going to take our first round pick and a player, if not two. . . Why does it seem like we like to overpay players!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #118
Team-Sport
Rookie

First of all, this is an excellent forum. Much better than the POS Rams Forum I'm a regular in. (http://forums.stltoday.com/viewforum.php?f=15) We have about ZERO Moderation.

As far as my fellow Rams Fan jermaine133's comments, a player has to have a contract to 'hold out', so - technically, Pace has never done that. Since you will have him long-term, that will not be an issue.

Why would the Rams do this deal? We have holes to fill, too. (I noticed you also have a need for an ORT.) It would be nice to keep OP, and fill all the holes, but it is difficult to always push the right button.

I'd gladly take your #1 pick in 2005 and Mr. Wand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermaine133
HI everyone i am a rams fan, but not a troll. I got word on our message board that there is a possible Trade in the making between your texans and my rams?? who are you all willing to give up for Pace, im just wondering because i can't seem to find any links to the info. AND BY THE WAY..BEWARE, OF WHAT YOU ALL ARE GETTING INTO, PACE HAS HELD US HOSTAGE FOR THE LAST 3 SEASONS...IF YOU DON'T THROW ANY MONEY ON THE TABLE HIS FAT ***** WILL HOLD OUT ON TRAINING CAMP!
Team-Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #119
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The one bad thing (well sort of) is that if this goes through is that the draft loses some value. I guess we would look at Pace as our 1st round pick. This will be the equivalent to getting to open 1 Christmas present on Thanksgiving and it happens to be your best gift. It is great in one sense, but it takes away from the lure of Christmas (the Draft).
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #120
TexansFan#80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky
To me, there are only three untouchables on this team for this trade. Carr, AJ, and Dunta Robinson. Everyone else is on the table if I am playing GM. That would be one of the few trade scenerios that I say an easy no to.
And what about DD. Would you offer him for Pace? I wouldn't, for sure!!!
TexansFan#80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read