Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2005   #41
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

For comparison:

Willie Roaf--KC: 5, 5, 5
Walter Jones--Seatle: 0, 8.5, 2.5
Jonathon Odgen--Baltimore: 2.5, 3.25, 2
Tarik Glenn--Indy: 1, 3.5, 6
Matt Lepsis--Denver: 2.5, 2, 9
Chad Clifton--GB: 2, 2, 1
Matt Light--NE: 7.5, 3.5, 11.5
Old 03-14-2005   #42
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshouldbeGM
Cass just has to learn to draft better....
??? If anyone is doing a good job on this staff its Cass.
Old 03-14-2005   #43
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

We're speculating up to now because (as far as we know) nothing has happened. But something that really kind of worries me is just how much they
might give up to get this guy. I think most of us would agree that they paid a healthy premium for Todd Wade last year. If they start talking about giving up this years and next years first round pick - then you're maybe doing something real stupid like the Vikings did way back when they traded their future to the Cowboys to get H. Walker.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #44
cadahnic
All Pro

I agree. I do think Pace would be a great addition if we can get him at a premium, but if not then we are definately overpaying for him. But the likely hood is we will cut him in 4-6 years
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #45
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
Building through the draft is just my personal view of how to build a great franchise. Eventhough I think Minnesota might spoil that view.
I agree with you here. I dont want to go out and overpay a bunch of FA. But when I guy like Pace is on the block, I will bend the rules. Either way im happy.

My gut says it wont happen. And we will use the 1st pick on an OLB, like Merriman.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #46
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I agree with you here. I dont want to go out and overpay a bunch of FA. But when I guy like Pace is on the block, I will bend the rules. Either way im happy.

My gut says it wont happen. And we will use the 1st pick on an OLB, like Merriman.

Merriman? Haven't u heard...people are putting him up there with DJ @ "best LB in the draft", hell some people have him @ #3 to CLE.

^^^that wasn't to mess over ur point, I was simply lettin you know what the "experts" were thinking.
Old 03-14-2005   #47
texansfan1974
Veteran

Pace already plays for the Texans on my Madden game. I signed him through
FA. I payed him big money and hes doing very well. :woot
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2005   #48
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

ill destroy you in madden
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #49
jermaine133
Rookie

HI everyone i am a rams fan, but not a troll. I got word on our message board that there is a possible Trade in the making between your texans and my rams?? who are you all willing to give up for Pace, im just wondering because i can't seem to find any links to the info. AND BY THE WAY..BEWARE, OF WHAT YOU ALL ARE GETTING INTO, PACE HAS HELD US HOSTAGE FOR THE LAST 3 SEASONS...IF YOU DON'T THROW ANY MONEY ON THE TABLE HIS FAT ***** WILL HOLD OUT ON TRAINING CAMP!
jermaine133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #50
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermaine133
AND BY THE WAY..BEWARE, OF WHAT YOU ALL ARE GETTING INTO, PACE HAS HELD US HOSTAGE FOR THE LAST 3 SEASONS...IF YOU DON'T THROW ANY MONEY ON THE TABLE HIS FAT ***** WILL HOLD OUT ON TRAINING CAMP!
Well if we trade for him, we will sign him to a long term deal. So he wont have to hold out.
Old 03-14-2005   #51
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HI everyone i am a rams fan, but not a troll. I got word on our message board that there is a possible Trade in the making between your texans and my rams?? who are you all willing to give up for Pace, im just wondering because i can't seem to find any links to the info. AND BY THE WAY..BEWARE, OF WHAT YOU ALL ARE GETTING INTO, PACE HAS HELD US HOSTAGE FOR THE LAST 3 SEASONS...IF YOU DON'T THROW ANY MONEY ON THE TABLE HIS FAT ***** WILL HOLD OUT ON TRAINING CAMP!
If this trade goes down, Pace will have his money. So noworries on that front.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #52
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

From what ive heard and read the rams are looking for a 1st round pick. The texans have given jamie sharper and jay foreman permission to seek trades. Whether the texans have offered sharper or foreman, i dont know. But since pace is in houston, i doubt he came just to attend the rodeo. So im assuming the texans are for giving up that #1 the rams are looking for, and maybe jamie sharper. or foreman.
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #53
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974
Pace already plays for the Texans on my Madden game. I signed him through
FA. I payed him big money and hes doing very well. :woot

Outstanding !!!!
Old 03-14-2005   #54
Blake
MMQB

FYI Foreman has been released. So dont count on him being traded.
Old 03-14-2005   #55
jermaine133
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Well if we trade for him, we will sign him to a long term deal. So he wont have to hold out.

tru tru..but we have tried to sign him long term. we even put a 40mil offer on the table for fat azz..and he rejected it. This guy even fired his agents as a scape goat. But if this trade do go down we will have to have a #1 pick if that is the case, i do tell you all this tho, your Oline will be better with him, as for our Oline needs Youth, we will prolly try to get Alex Barron or Brown, then go after that DE, or S that we need.
Old 03-14-2005   #56
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
tru tru..but we have tried to sign him long term. we even put a 40mil offer on the table for fat azz..and he rejected it. This guy even fired his agents as a scape goat. But if this trade do go down we will have to have a #1 pick if that is the case, i do tell you all this tho, your Oline will be better with him, as for our Oline needs Youth, we will prolly try to get Alex Barron or Brown, then go after that DE, or S that we need.
Weren't his agents the Postons? Firing those knuckle heads hardly qualifies as a bad thing.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #57
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134301 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brown and Foreman both released today as Pace is in town

Houston just released its second player today while Pace is in town. Foreman clears $2,210,000 and $3,140,000 of salary off the books as well for the next two years. I'm starting to think we are clearing out some cap space for this possible Pace signing. Eric Brown had salaries of $1,710,000 and $2,940,000 for this year and next. Glenn Earl is the starter so I anticipated his release, but coming today, with all this big news in Houston gives me some pause. I have my fingers crossed.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #58
jermaine133
Rookie

yea that was a start firing the postons i heard those guys have bad reps...serious money grubbers, by the way how much are the texans under the cap??..i kno rite now we have like 3-5 mil left., after pace will free up bout 8 or 9 possibly if we deal him.
Old 03-14-2005   #59
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

The trade hasn't gone down yet, the article mentions that Pace is willing to look around. He is a franchise caliber left tackle and we could definitely use him on our team. I'm just not so sure on what we have to give up for him. Casserly has said that he wants to build the team around the draft and not sign expensive free agents. But this is a special case and I guess we can bend the rules just this one time. With Foreman being released today I think Sharper will be traded. If this trade does go down I will be happy but I'll also be wary of Pace's attitude. He has been a problem for the Rams for sometime now.
Old 03-14-2005   #60
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Houston just released its second player today while Pace is in town. Foreman clears $2,210,000 and $3,140,000 of salary off the books as well for the next two years. I'm starting to think we are clearing out some cap space for this possible Pace signing. Eric Brown had salaries of $1,710,000 and $2,940,000 for this year and next. Glenn Earl is the starter so I anticipated his release, but coming today, with all this big news in Houston gives me some pause. I have my fingers crossed.

Wasnt the Foreman release just a matter of time??? Maybe this new "scenario" is what fueled them for today's release. Hmmm
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read