Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2005   #341
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL Total Access discussed this for a couple of minutes tonight...Adam Schefter seemed to be on the same page as the other media sources saying it's just up to compensation to the Rams now.

Wow. Didn't see this coming, but I like the move--in theory. By the way, NO player in the NFL is worth losing two #1 picks over. Ask Nick Saban how he's feeling about trying to rebuild the Dolphins after Ricky Williams made that whole deal blow up. Even WITH Ricky that team's suffered from bad draft moves and a fairly frequent lack of ANY first round pick. That sort of stance is nothing but posturing.

This is potentially soooo much better than some of the other moves this offseason. Very nice to see Houston in a "smart" context in the FA game, rather than just continuing a new annual tradition of overpaying another Dolphin in free agency.

(Easy now, just kidding...I actually liked the Wade pickup.)
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #342
SESupergenius

it would be interesting too if we signed Pace......we play the Rams this year at home.
Old 03-14-2005   #343
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

So much for the Texans not making much of a splash this year in FA. If Orlando Pace isn't a big sign I don't know what is. Not that I'm complaining, I didn't really like any of our options at #13. Also, the chances of DJ falling that far are slim to nill.

Assuming we actually get Pace I hope we focus on the D-line in the draft. I know we resigned a lot of our line already, but most of those guys seem to spend more then half the season on IR.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #344
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
So much for the Texans not making much of a splash this year in FA. If Orlando Pace isn't a big sign I don't know what is. Not that I'm complaining, I didn't really like any of our options at #13. Also, the chances of DJ falling that far are slim to nill.

The Texans FO is just full of surprises.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #345
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

orlando pace would be a nice pick up, would help our passing game and would help D.D !!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #346
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

orlando pace is 29 years old...he's one of the top 3 tackles in the game today depending on where you see him against walter jones, and ogden...carr has been stumped by not having a LT blocking for him since he came to us...if we were able to bring in Pace he would be the only person i see worth the two 1st rounders because this guy isn't making yards he's helping insure that the three main guys who do are safe...giving carr more time to make the right throw so that johnson is lead perfectly and DD has the running room needed to gain over 1200 yds every season...i would like this trade...yeah it makes the draft less interesting for us but...it makes the season that much more fun to watch
Old 03-15-2005   #347
ramsman34
Rookie

Quote:
Remember, offense scores points but defense gets you to the bowl.
Really, 1999, SB34 ring a bell.

The RAMS were ALL offense, the D just had to show up.

This deal will cost you a lot more than Sharper (who the RAMS don't really need) and your #1 this year.

It will take your #1 and multiple other picks and or players.

There are ZERO LT's available either in FA or the draft that are pro bowl players.
ramsman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2005   #348
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i dont think we will end up giving the Rams 2 first rounders, because they have til just wednesday to sign him to a long term deal, time is going to press them into taking less.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #349
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i see us giving up a first a 3rd maybe Wand. We are going to finish with 2 first day picks.

this draft day with tivo i can start 10 hours late.
Old 03-15-2005   #350
Rovator
Veteran

Can they really get 2 first rounders for him? TO and Corey Dillon were traded for 2nd rounders, I can't see Pace being worth that much more. I'd definantly give up a 1st and 3rd though since a player drafted at 13 probably has a 5% chance of being as good as Pace is.
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #351
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind offering two #1's for Pace, but in 06 & 08. hopefully by then the Texans will be contenders (with both Pace & this years #1 from the 13th pick).
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #352
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I may have misheard, but on Fox SouthWest Sports Report, they said our offer was our first and both thirds...
Old 03-15-2005   #353
Rovator
Veteran

They said we have a 1st round and 2 3rd round picks to work with, not that it was our offer.
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #354
Holden135
Veteran

just wondering, would the deal be a definite first rounder this year or could it be for future considerations? I think we kinda need another first rounder even if we get orlando. A pass rushing d-lineman would do us good and any future first round picks hopefully and probobly would not be as high as a first round pick as high as 13.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #355
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i think the Rams are smart enough to know a first rounder next year from us will be alot lower. They want the 13 pick in this draft.
Old 03-15-2005   #356
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovator
They said we have a 1st round and 2 3rd round picks to work with, not that it was our offer.
Cool...I appreciate the correction...Guess I did hear it wrong...
Old 03-15-2005   #357
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston makes an offer to Pace
By Jim Thomas
Of the Post-Dispatch
03/14/2005

Not all the "i's" are dotted, or "t's" crossed. But offensive tackle Orlando Pace has a contract offer from the Houston Texans, and according to sources familiar with the negotiations, it's one that is preferable to the current contract on the table from the Rams.

So what happens next?

"The ball is really in St. Louis' court as far as what they want to do, and the decision they want to make," Pace told the Houston Chronicle on Monday during his visit with Texans officials. "We'll see here in the next 24 hours or so."

The Rams have until 3 p.m. Wednesday to sign Pace to a multi-year contract offer. At that point, a four-month negotiating blackout begins for the Rams and Pace. And that would mean another spring without Pace attending the team's offseason conditioning program - which starts March 21 - no minicamps and no training camp for the third consecutive year.

Pace characterized negotiations with the Rams as being "at a standstill."
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...6?OpenDocument

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #358
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

I dont know if I heard this wrong or what, but I just heard on Fox Sports that Pace and the Texans have already agreed in principle and their just trying to figure out what exactly their gonna give for him.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #359
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Heh vinny beat me to it.
Old 03-15-2005   #360
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Well, theres our pass protection =) Now..... for second round, who do we pick :p

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read