Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2005   #221
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

and if we keep Wand he will be a great backup for Wade and Pace and can take over for Wade in 3 years or so.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #222
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
They said Texans said 1st and 3rd...I guess we'll see but they must want him awfully bad.
I can live with that. I knew the #1 was gone, but I wasnt sure if they wanted starters, or picks.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #223
GotMojo80
Rookie

someone mentioned Wand played gaurd in college? perhaps he can move back to G
GotMojo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #224
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=3951

NFL Network reports the Texans and Orlando Pace all but agreed to terms on a contract. If the Texans and Rams can agree on compensation, he'll be in Houston by Wednesday.
It looks like it will happen. Houston is willing to give up the #13 overall pick in the draft and has two third-rounders possibly available. The Rams want two first rounders, but are expected to settle for less. Terrible news for Marc Bulger; great news for David Carr.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #225
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

If we can get Pace for a 1st and a 3rd, I do that in a NY minute if there are no other players involved. We have the extra 3rd this year so we would still have our 2nd, 3rd, etc. A long term deal will also need to be worked out so I hope they don't break the bank on the guy. There's a lot of risk with this. He's about 2/3 of the way through his career and has a lot of miles on him. Hopefully he can stay healthy for the last 1/3 and play at the level he's been playing - and adjust to the Texans wonderful o-line scheme. I've never been big on these mega deals but I remember Leon Gray back in the day....

I'll believe this all when I see it. The NFL Network also said the Texans signed Ron Dayne last week. I guess they thought Payne sounded like Dayne or something.

Quote:
Think about one thing why did he come for a visit? Why would he come down here just for fun? Just to be polite? I dont think so,
He visited the Giants before he came here.

Last edited by aj.; 03-14-2005 at 08:11 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #226
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo80
someone mentioned Wand played gaurd in college? perhaps he can move back to G
Wand played left tackle in college.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #227
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

I wonder how many of those that are so enthusiastic about signing Pace now will turn on him if he ends up dogging it or getting injured?
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2005   #228
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

To get Pace for a first and third is not bad . Pace is in his prime when motivated . That would make Wand a swing tackle and allow him more time to learn .

Anyone remember the Redskins traded for Jim Lachey OT from the Raiders ? Lachey attended OSU also , coincidence I think not .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 03-14-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #229
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
I wonder how many of those that are so enthusiastic about signing Pace now will turn on him if he ends up dogging it or getting injured?
Pace has never missed a start in his entire career. He is on a Hall of Fame career pace. He would instantly be our first ever candidate to be a Hall of Famer for this franchise.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #230
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Pace missed six games due to injury in 2002 (concern) and started only nine games his rookie season (not a concern).
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #231
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Pace missed six games due to injury in 2002.
My bad then. I was quoting Bob Allen from the news a few mins ago.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #232
clandestin
Veteran

Just had a random thought about the franchise designation, and it requiring 2 firsts.

Say the Rams refuse to come down from two 1st round picks. Does anything prevent us from contacting the Patriots and trading #13 for their 2005 and 2006 firsts? And using those to acquire Pace?
Old 03-14-2005   #233
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I don't know, just a good feeling about this, i think the deal will offically go through. Guess we'll find out wednesday for sure.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #234
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i bet someone in the Carr household is happy tonight.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #235
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve
were do you get the half from? so wand as a first year LT was not a problem? that wiegert and wade were injured was not a problem? i think that mckinney is popular whipping boy on the board.
I remember too many games watching him getting blown up by an inside rush.

Popular whipping boy? And for him to get on 610 AM every Tuesday and make stupid assinine quotes, such as "We have one of the top ten lines in the league".

He's brought it all on himself . . . er should I say 'yourself'. What are doing around this board this offseason, Steve? I thought you'd be out shooting animals with your BIG gun.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #236
stephen1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
i bet someone in the Carr household is happy tonight.
probably not
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #237
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Getting Orlando Pace for a 1st and a 3rd sounds like a pretty good deal to me. We'd still have two 7ths, and whatever we recieve if/when we trade Sharper. That should give Casserly plenty of wiggle room to do his thing on draft day.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #238
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Getting Orlando Pace for a 1st and a 3rd sounds like a pretty good deal to me. We'd still have two 7ths, and whatever we recieve if/when we trade Sharper. That should give Casserly plenty of wiggle room to do his thing on draft day.
Not to mention a 2nd round pick...I wouldn't put it past Casserly to trade up in the draft again if someone like Clayton or Channing Crowder fell to around 27
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #239
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Tony Boselli was also on a Hall of Fame pace.

I'm not saying that Pace is definitely going to get injured, but that it is a possibility. His attitude is my biggest concern. How is he going to react to finally getting his big signing bonus? What kind of affect is his contract going to have on the Texans salary cap?
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #240
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

hey man, no need to get offensive--i was just pointing out that the underachieving line might not have been all mckinney's fault. still waiting for where you get the half from.

does the big gun mean that i am redneck or something? nice assumption.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read