Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2005   #201
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

you guys are bashing mckinney like he was the sole reason the line did not live up to expectations in 2004.
Old 03-14-2005   #202
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

honestly i think in the end Pace is using us as a ploy against the rams to jack up his price. he will probably renegotiate a long term deal right at the deadline and we helped get him a couple extra million. not all bad for us because the more big names that visit us the more we are on the map, and it pushes the rams cap number a little higher too.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #203
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Just caught the tailend of the talks between Pace and the Texans on the NFL network ....It looks like the contract will go through for Pace. They will offically announce on wednesday but they said it looks like Pace will be a Texan because everything looks good.......YEEEE HAWWWW.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #204
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
It may be worth two 1's if that was all I had to give up as the Texans GM. This year will not have any elite linemen and if we secure Pace we are probably playoff contenders and will likely have a pick in the 20's next season. Securing one of the top 2 players in the NFL at LT is likely worth it to me.
MY concern is how long will he be a top 2 LT in the NFL. I could see if he was in his mid 20's, but we might as well just round that 29 off to a thirty and i dont want him to be the G. Walker of the offense.
Old 03-14-2005   #205
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

did they say what the compensation would be for the rams?

Sharper, Wand, 1st this year 2nd this year for pace and 2nd this year would be fair.

are we giving them 2 firsts?
Old 03-14-2005   #206
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

its true, Offensive Lineman can play deep into their 30's without much effort. Pace should be a force for another 4 years, and after that will have 2 years where just his name will protect Carr. Thats worth it.
Old 03-14-2005   #207
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
its true, Offensive Lineman can play deep into their 30's without much effort. Pace should be a force for another 4 years, and after that will have 2 years where just his name will protect Carr. Thats worth it.
Ok, if we can expect another good four years atleast from him then i dont have a problem with that trade, but i would still love to have that #13 pick, just to give me something to look forward to ond raft day LoL.
Old 03-14-2005   #208
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve
you guys are bashing mckinney like he was the sole reason the line did not live up to expectations in 2004.
id say he was about more than half of our problems. im still a firm believer C is more of a priority than LT where wand should improve if given the opportunity
Old 03-14-2005   #209
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
did they say what the compensation would be for the rams?

Sharper, Wand, 1st this year 2nd this year for pace and 2nd this year would be fair.

are we giving them 2 firsts?
From what i heard, Texans will give up a #1 and 3 pick. But they said the deal was good as done.
Old 03-14-2005   #210
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i agree, but this draft although not top heavy has alot of interesting mid to late round talent. with the offensive line taken care of it gives us alot more freedom in the draft.

There is always a chance the Rams send us a mid round pick back to us as well. At this point all we know is that Pace is serious about protecting Carr.

Another upside is he is used to playing on Turf so our better field will probably extend his career.
Old 03-14-2005   #211
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no way, IMO, that we are going to get Pace, and our #13. One or the other. Not both. I would take Pace.

Its basically like we are drafting a 30 year old Pace, with the #13 pick, and traded a starter to get higher.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #212
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
There is no way, IMO, that we are going to get Pace, and our #13. One or the other. Not both. I would take Pace.

Its basically like we are drafting a 30 year old Pace, with the #13 pick, and traded a starter to get higher.
Well on NFL network they said the deal was as good as done and Rams and Texans were agreeing on the terms....
Old 03-14-2005   #213
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
Just caught the tailend of the talks between Pace and the Texans on the NFL network ....It looks like the contract will go through for Pace. They will offically announce on wednesday but they said it looks like Pace will be a Texan because everything looks good.......YEEEE HAWWWW.
can anyone else confirm this?
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #214
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

were do you get the half from? so wand as a first year LT was not a problem? that wiegert and wade were injured was not a problem? i think that mckinney is popular whipping boy on the board.

does anybody have a stat for number of sacks given up by each texans OL in 2004?
Old 03-14-2005   #215
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
with the offensive line taken care of it gives us alot more freedom in the draft.
it is still not taken care of if pace were to be added to the roster.

and nobody knows if he is "serious" about protecting carr but himself.
Old 03-14-2005   #216
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
Well on NFL network they said the deal was as good as done and Rams and Texans were agreeing on the terms....
I just meant that we will have to give up our 1st round pick to get him, thats all.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005   #217
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Hmmm ok a 1st and a 3rd. I can live with it. Carr needed protection NOW and Alex Barron wasnt going to provide it.

We had an extra 3rd from Drew Henson trade, so basically 2 years ago drafting drew henson in addition to a 1st round pick (which we probably would have used on a lesser lineman) is what it took to get Pace, a former 1st overall pick. It would give us 3 offensive players taken in the top 3.

Sharper is still on the roster. Does he redo his contract to stay here now that he has seen us make a huge move in a sorely needed area or is he still trade bait? what will we get for him a second rounder maybe?

Now what does this leave for us to do with our first draft pick which at this point is in the 2nd round. I'd look at one of the 2 TE's left in Kevin Everrett from Miami and Alex Smith from Stanford. Also maybe that 2nd WR since we havn't made a move at that slot. We could give ourselves a dominant offensive line with David Baas. Roscoe Parrish from Miami would give us great pair of Miami wideouts.

Point is, as martha stewart would say, Its a good thing.
Old 03-14-2005   #218
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
can anyone else confirm this?
I swear i wouldn't lie about a thing like this...Anyone else have NFL network to confirm this???? I believe the NFL network so i feel confident Pace will be a Texan but it won't offically be announced till Wednesday. Unless the Rams really do something ungodly to change this, i believe the NFL net.
Old 03-14-2005   #219
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I just meant that we will have to give up our 1st round pick to get him, thats all.
They said Texans said 1st and 3rd...I guess we'll see but they must want him awfully bad.
Old 03-14-2005   #220
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

the 3rd is the drew henson bonus pick

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read