Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010   #61
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,867
Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Dont know where the Texans will be picking but the two guys I want the Texans to take are Aaron Wiliams in the 12-20 range. Or Kerrigan in the 20-30 range.

If the Texans are picking 12-15 and get Williams. I would trade back into the bottom of the 1st rd and take Kerrigan. Of course the Texans wont do this but it would go along way to solving the problems on this defense.

This will all be a moot point come draft day because the guys I want the Texans to take in the offseason always move up 10 spots by draft day. That and the fact I'm losing faith in R.Smith's ability to procure top talent in the draft.
If Houston picks below 20, heads should roll. I would be cool this year going defense all picks. CB should be deep but not free safety. If anyone has idea of free agent safeties available next off season, please post.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #62
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame
 
nero THE zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spring
Age: 30
Posts: 2,707
Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Sounds terrible to me. Texans haven't been able to get what we should out of first round DTs. Dts in the first are such boom or bust propositions. I'd rather just stay away from them and use our first on a spot we know we're going to get production out of the gate.

I'd really like to see a FS in the first.
Uh, did you even read the post you quoted?

Also, what I find funny about Walter's mock is that he had the 3-2 Texans picking 27th, and the 4-2 Texans picking 20th. The math just doesn't seem right to me, but what do I know.
__________________
"You always hear about how tough they are and all that stuff," Orton said. "I don't think they are tough. I think they are cheap..."
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #63
Goldensilence
hipster elite
 
Goldensilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin
Age: 32
Posts: 5,143
Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Uh, did you even read the post you quoted?

Also, what I find funny about Walter's mock is that he had the 3-2 Texans picking 27th, and the 4-2 Texans picking 20th. The math just doesn't seem right to me, but what do I know.
Uhh yes I did. Thanks. Maybe you can point out to me what I misinterpreted about 2-3 top picks on the DL.

At this point I'm done with this staff/team taking DTs high. It's just too much of a boom or bust position,we've busted twice, and missed out on much more productive players while we hope and pray that they figure it out. At this point we're getting similar production from a rotated 3rd round pick as opposed to our top 10 dt.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #64
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame
 
Wolf6151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 3,402
Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Uhh yes I did. Thanks. Maybe you can point out to me what I misinterpreted about 2-3 top picks on the DL.

At this point I'm done with this staff/team taking DTs high. It's just too much of a boom or bust position,we've busted twice, and missed out on much more productive players while we hope and pray that they figure it out. At this point we're getting similar production from a rotated 3rd round pick as opposed to our top 10 dt.

The 2 D-line picks aren't early or high draft picks. FS was taken in the 1st round, DE taken in the 2nd round, and DT was taken in the 3rd round. A 3rd round DT isn't a high draft pick.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #65
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame
 
nero THE zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spring
Age: 30
Posts: 2,707
Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Uhh yes I did. Thanks. Maybe you can point out to me what I misinterpreted about 2-3 top picks on the DL.

At this point I'm done with this staff/team taking DTs high. It's just too much of a boom or bust position,we've busted twice, and missed out on much more productive players while we hope and pray that they figure it out. At this point we're getting similar production from a rotated 3rd round pick as opposed to our top 10 dt.
You're complaining about him having us take a DT in the first round and would rather us take a FS.

He has us taking a FS in the first round, not a DT.
__________________
"You always hear about how tough they are and all that stuff," Orton said. "I don't think they are tough. I think they are cheap..."
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010   #66
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 52
Posts: 12,429
Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

I would rather see Smith draft a CB/S and a pass rushing DE high. rds1/2.

Then sign or trade for a proven vet DT. Like the Skins did with Kemau.

Drafting interior DL high is too much of a crap shoot for my taste.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010   #67
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,504
Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I would rather see Smith draft a CB/S and a pass rushing DE high. rds1/2.

Then sign or trade for a proven vet DT. Like the Skins did with Kemau.

Drafting interior DL high is too much of a crap shoot for my taste.
I would take any one of the above if in fact he was the bpa....
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2010   #68
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame
 
Wolf6151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 3,402
Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Here's the latest from Walter, they've got us picking at #19:

1. Janoris Jenkins-CB Florida
2. Jurrell Casey-DT USC
3. Pernell McPhee-DE Mississippi State

To be honest, I ain't real thrilled with it and don't know anything about McPhee.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #69
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,867
Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Here's the latest from Walter, they've got us picking at #19:

1. Janoris Jenkins-CB Florida
2. Jurrell Casey-DT USC
3. Pernell McPhee-DE Mississippi State

To be honest, I ain't real thrilled with it and don't know anything about McPhee.
My interest in Jenkins has wained a bit. I think he is a bit slow for his size. Here is an eval from Walterfootball.com for those who do not research it.

Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida
Height: 5-10. Weight: 188.
Projected 40 Time: 4.56.
Projected Round (2011): 2-3.
10/9/10: Jenkins isn't technicallly the greatest corner in the 2011 NFL Draft and he lacks elite athleticism, but he has great instincts. I'm not as high on him as most are, and his matchup against A.J. Green will be interesting to say the least. He held his own against Julio Jones.

McPhee, I have not followed very closely but info is he may be over weight and need to shed some. A good senior bowl and great combine would allow his stock to rise. I have him around a 4th round but do not want any of these player on Texans. Hope this helps.

Casey I liked better but is slipping: Jurrell Casey*, DT, USC
Height: 6-1. Weight: 295.
Projected 40 Time: 5.04.
Projected Round (2011): 1-2.
10/8/10: Teams seem to be focusing more in on Casey this season by bringing double teams and chipping the running back to prevent him from being as effective as a pass-rusher. Maybe we also overrated his talent level last season. Whatever the case, his stock is quietly falling.

5/6/10: A 4-3 under tackle only, Jurrell Casey is expected to have a big junior year; he collected nine TFL and 4.5 sacks in 2009.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #70
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame
 
nero THE zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spring
Age: 30
Posts: 2,707
Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

19. # Houston Texans: Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
How much longer can Gary Kubiak keep trotting out underachievers like Jacoby Jones or mediocre talents like Kevin Walter to play across from Andre Johnson? It's time to find a legitimate starter across from Johnson, and Jonathan Baldwin is the top player available.

Baldwin, at 6-5, 225, caught 57 balls for 1,111 yards and eight touchdowns as a sophomore in 2009. He has only 33 receptions through eight games this season because his 5-foot-8 tattooed quarterback can't get him the ball.

Pick change; previously Janoris Jenkins, CB

50. Houston Texans: Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
Adding more talent to the defensive line is never a bad idea. The Texans had major problems at defensive tackle in 2009, but aside from drafting Earl Mitchell in the third round, they failed to address the position. They may fix things in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Jurrell Casey is a great value here; he drops because there are too many 3-4 teams that wouldn't consider him.

81. Houston Texans: Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi State
The Texans showed some interest in Aaron Schobel, but nothing really worked out. They then brought in Mark Anderson. Houston clearly wants help at defensive end.
__________________
"You always hear about how tough they are and all that stuff," Orton said. "I don't think they are tough. I think they are cheap..."
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #71
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,867
Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
19. # Houston Texans: Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
How much longer can Gary Kubiak keep trotting out underachievers like Jacoby Jones or mediocre talents like Kevin Walter to play across from Andre Johnson? It's time to find a legitimate starter across from Johnson, and Jonathan Baldwin is the top player available.

Baldwin, at 6-5, 225, caught 57 balls for 1,111 yards and eight touchdowns as a sophomore in 2009. He has only 33 receptions through eight games this season because his 5-foot-8 tattooed quarterback can't get him the ball.

Pick change; previously Janoris Jenkins, CB

50. Houston Texans: Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
Adding more talent to the defensive line is never a bad idea. The Texans had major problems at defensive tackle in 2009, but aside from drafting Earl Mitchell in the third round, they failed to address the position. They may fix things in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Jurrell Casey is a great value here; he drops because there are too many 3-4 teams that wouldn't consider him.

81. Houston Texans: Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi State
The Texans showed some interest in Aaron Schobel, but nothing really worked out. They then brought in Mark Anderson. Houston clearly wants help at defensive end.
Baldwin does look like a good pick but I have heard analysts say Houston does not want two #1 WRs due to salary. Not sure I agree about that because you can bring the rookie in at a very reasonable deal under the new CBA and Johnson is locked in through most of his productive years. Link to Balwin's evaluation http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...11jbaldwin.php

I have a hard time going WR in first 3 rounds but think there are some pretty good prospects probably avail in 4th. The info comes from Waltefootball.com

Derrell Johnson-Koulianos, WR/KR, Iowa
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.43.
Projected Round (2011): 3-5.
3/31/10: An underrated talent, Derrell Johnson-Koulianos snagged 45 passes for 750 yards in 2009. Doubles as a solid kick-returner.

8/7/09: A big receiver with solid speed, Derrell Johnson-Koulianos notched 44 receptions for 639 yards and three scores as a sophomore.



Terrance Toliver, WR, LSU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 206.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2011): 4-6.
3/31/10: Terrance Toliver really improved as a junior, catching 53 passes for 735 yards and three scores.

DeAndre Brown*, WR, Southern Miss
Height: 6-6. Weight: 228.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round (2011): 4-6.
3/31/10: Coming off a broken leg, DeAndre Brown caught 47 passes for 785 yards and nine scores. What broken leg?

8/7/09: As a freshman, DeAndre Brown logged 67 receptions for 1,117 yards and 12 touchdowns. Unfortunately, he broke his leg in a meaningless winter practice game.

Ryan Whalen, WR, Stanford
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.
Projected Round (2011): 4-6.
3/31/10: Ryan Whalen notched 57 receptions, 926 yards and four touchdowns in 2009.

Chris Owusu*, WR, Stanford
Height: 6-2. Weight: 201.
Projected 40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round (2011): 4-6
3/31/10: Grabbed 37 balls for 682 yards and five scores in a pro-style attack. Could declare early if Andrew Luck leaves.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #72
BigBull17
Hall of Fame
 
BigBull17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Alvin
Age: 33
Posts: 5,097
Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Baldwin does look like a good pick but I have heard analysts say Houston does not want two #1 WRs due to salary. Not sure I agree about that because you can bring the rookie in at a very reasonable deal under the new CBA and Johnson is locked in through most of his productive years. Link to Balwin's evaluation http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...11jbaldwin.php

I have a hard time going WR in first 3 rounds but think there are some pretty good prospects probably avail in 4th. The info comes from Waltefootball.com

Derrell Johnson-Koulianos, WR/KR, Iowa
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.43.
Projected Round (2011): 3-5.
3/31/10: An underrated talent, Derrell Johnson-Koulianos snagged 45 passes for 750 yards in 2009. Doubles as a solid kick-returner.

8/7/09: A big receiver with solid speed, Derrell Johnson-Koulianos notched 44 receptions for 639 yards and three scores as a sophomore.



Terrance Toliver, WR, LSU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 206.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2011): 4-6.
3/31/10: Terrance Toliver really improved as a junior, catching 53 passes for 735 yards and three scores.

DeAndre Brown*, WR, Southern Miss
Height: 6-6. Weight: 228.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round (2011): 4-6.
3/31/10: Coming off a broken leg, DeAndre Brown caught 47 passes for 785 yards and nine scores. What broken leg?

8/7/09: As a freshman, DeAndre Brown logged 67 receptions for 1,117 yards and 12 touchdowns. Unfortunately, he broke his leg in a meaningless winter practice game.

Ryan Whalen, WR, Stanford
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.
Projected Round (2011): 4-6.
3/31/10: Ryan Whalen notched 57 receptions, 926 yards and four touchdowns in 2009.

Chris Owusu*, WR, Stanford
Height: 6-2. Weight: 201.
Projected 40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round (2011): 4-6
3/31/10: Grabbed 37 balls for 682 yards and five scores in a pro-style attack. Could declare early if Andrew Luck leaves.
We've done the budget wr's, and they don't fill the void. I'm very disappointed in Walter this year, minus one game. Get the oline and weapons needed to take pressure off of AJ.
__________________
There are no strings on me.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #73
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame
 
nero THE zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spring
Age: 30
Posts: 2,707
Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

I think we're pretty much in position to take BPA.

Sure, we have needs in the middle of both lines and in the secondary, but they're not so pressing to preclude us from making a luxury pick if we really like a player. Plus, we desperately need a veteran presence in our secondary moreso than rookies.
__________________
"You always hear about how tough they are and all that stuff," Orton said. "I don't think they are tough. I think they are cheap..."
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #74
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,867
Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
We've done the budget wr's, and they don't fill the void. I'm very disappointed in Walter this year, minus one game. Get the oline and weapons needed to take pressure off of AJ.
IMO none of our WRs including AJ have stepped up this season. SOme of that is Oline and some QB but some is on the WRs
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #75
BigBull17
Hall of Fame
 
BigBull17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Alvin
Age: 33
Posts: 5,097
Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
IMO none of our WRs including AJ have stepped up this season. SOme of that is Oline and some QB but some is on the WRs
...AJ hasn't stepped up...? God, can't wait for that. His ankle is really bothering him, IMO.
__________________
There are no strings on me.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #76
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,867
Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
...AJ hasn't stepped up...? God, can't wait for that. His ankle is really bothering him, IMO.
Since injurying his ankle, he avg 16 yds on 4 receptions against Dallas; 13.2 on 12 receptions against Washingon and 11 yds on 3 receptions against Colts. His first three games he had 7,8 and 5 receptions for 15, 17 and 19 but only three touchdowns. AJ can get the ball down the field but I'd like to see a few more long TDS. I am not trying to trash him and consider him the team's best player.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #77
BigBull17
Hall of Fame
 
BigBull17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Alvin
Age: 33
Posts: 5,097
Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Since injurying his ankle, he avg 16 yds on 4 receptions against Dallas; 13.2 on 12 receptions against Washingon and 11 yds on 3 receptions against Colts. His first three games he had 7,8 and 5 receptions for 15, 17 and 19 but only three touchdowns. AJ can get the ball down the field but I'd like to see a few more long TDS. I am not trying to trash him and consider him the team's best player.
OK. I think his ankle is bugging him.
__________________
There are no strings on me.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #78
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,504
Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

we go through this (taking WR in 1st) every year, just look at it as a review of a future fantasy play next year for another team

Indy was deep @ WR so they didn't draft one yet they picked up Blair White, who I wanted the Texans to take a look at 4th/5th rd. but went undrafted. now he is getting spot WR duty & returning punts which is more bang for the buck than the Texans are getting from entire 4th-7th rd. picks of Texans.

Right now if I where going to look WR in a later round 6th or 7th I really like that Oregon Duck Jeff Maehl, WR, 6-1 180. excellent route runner with soft hands reminds me of Kevin Walter but needs to get stronger.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #79
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame
 
Wolf6151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 3,402
Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Hell NO to a WR in the 1st round, I wouldn't mind Terrance Toliver-WR from LSU in the 4th round but no earlier. Actually I'd like to see us go all defense in this draft with double picks at DT and CB.


Can we draft a head coach and coaching staff? Maybe Jim Harbough from Stanford?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #80
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,867
Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 mock by Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Hell NO to a WR in the 1st round, I wouldn't mind Terrance Toliver-WR from LSU in the 4th round but no earlier. Actually I'd like to see us go all defense in this draft with double picks at DT and CB.


Can we draft a head coach and coaching staff? Maybe Jim Harbough from Stanford?
Yep to what you said.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger