Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will Mighty Mouse make the final Roster?
Yes 37 90.24%
No 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2010   #1
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will Mighty Mouse make the final Roster?

Every time I read news on Trindon Holliday it's negative feedback from Kubiak. I am really rooting for this guy so I wanted to know what you guys thought. Here is a link to some of the news I have read:http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=5832

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #2
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will Mighty Mouse make the final Roster?

Trying to change a short RB into a WR? That's crazy. My prediction:
He tears it up in pre-season returning kick\punts
He will struggle as a WR
Kubiak lets him go
Some other team picks him up as a KR\PR and he has an awesome season. I really do think he would do OK as a RB-get rid of Chris Henry, jeez.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless of the feedback, he's a kid. I think they see the potential, but there is still a big ? attached to him. I think what happens will ultimately depend on what goes on during training camp and the preseason games. If he shows flashes, he may actually be on the 53 or put on the practice squad. I have no idea what will happen because I never watched the kid in college and have no idea how he will match up in the NFL. I wish him luck though, we need all the help we can get.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

PIGEON> Mighty Mouse
Old 07-14-2010   #5
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Regardless of the feedback, he's a kid. I think they see the potential, but there is still a big ? attached to him. I think what happens will ultimately depend on what goes on during training camp and the preseason games. If he shows flashes, he may actually be on the 53 or put on the practice squad. I have no idea what will happen because I never watched the kid in college and have no idea how he will match up in the NFL. I wish him luck though, we need all the help we can get.
I want him to be an impact player, I can see him scoring a touchdown and Mighty Mouse the cartoon character showing up on the big screen, kind of like super mario, that would be cool.

Old 07-14-2010   #6
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
PIGEON> Mighty Mouse

My pigeon killed your pigeon!
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Since Kubiak has been here everyone of his draft picks have remained with the team in some fashion their 1st year. So, I'd be surprised if he was unable to make the 53. Even if he can't I think they'll find a way to stash him away for the season.
Old 07-14-2010   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Perfect practice squad candidate.

He or Dickerson will make the final 53.

If Holiday tears it up on ST he will get the final spot. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Perfect practice squad candidate.

He or Dickerson will make the final 53.

If Holiday tears it up on ST he will get the final spot. IMHO
I think they both make it. Holliday is a cheaper, better returner than AD. We are pretty set at receiver, so I think AD gets the axe.

DD makes the team, again because of special teams. I see him being a great special teams player while he learns the receiver position.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

So are we basically saying this guy is JJ Moses?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup. His speed is a weapon, a constant threat that just needs to be honed. You can't teach lightning. You can teach where a hole is. Maybe he ends up being the 5th or 6th WR but honestly...if we're seeing more than 4 WR a game something is probably going wrong...
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

If his ability/speed as a KR/PR are as good as I think they are, there's no way he doesn't make the team. He has the speed to be a game changer. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #13
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he makes the squad. The guy has game changing speed. Still not sure why they're choosing the run his as a WR though. I suppose they figure that's the best place he has a chance to make the roster. Though, I'd echo someone else's sentiments. Cut Chris Henry instead.

Far as Dorin Dickerson goes, the guy is talented and has some serious upside. I think both will be incredibly hard to stash away on the PS.

Perhaps they decide to go with 6 WR this season. Cut AD and with the first 4 WR spots taken care of let those two develop.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #14
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

I voted yes too, but there are going to be alot of wrong people if he does'nt.

Old 07-14-2010   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Mighty mouse makes it if he burns up returns. Despite what Kubes is saying now about expecting to use him as a WR, before it's all over, you will be seeing him used at least sparingly as a change of pace/3rd down back.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #16
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post

My pigeon killed your pigeon!
I thought that bird was listening to the ground like a Native American or something.....
Old 08-16-2010   #17
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

After watching him play this weekend, I can't say I was too impressed and I don't think he will make the team.

I have not seen many people talking about him, so I wanted to know what you guys thought after watching him play.

Old 08-16-2010   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

FWIW! I felt sorry for him. He looked confused and kinda lost. I have a feeling if they try to "over" coach this kid, they will ruin him for sure. Just let him catch the damn ball during preseason and take off with it, use his natural instincts, and see what happens. They knew he was "little" when they drafted him, so leave him be and let him do what comes naturally, which is RUN!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he ever really got a chance to showcase his speed against the Cardinals. Maybe next week he will be able to hit his top gear and show why he was drafted.
Old 08-16-2010   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
FWIW! I felt sorry for him. He looked confused and kinda lost. I have a feeling if they try to "over" coach this kid, they will ruin him for sure. Just let him catch the damn ball during preseason and take off with it, use his natural instincts, and see what happens. They knew he was "little" when they drafted him, so leave him be and let him do what comes naturally, which is RUN!!!!
I'm kind of with you on that...

But Trindon has also got to make smarter decisions...

As of right now, it's not looking good for him to make the team
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read