Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-13-2010   #1
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Old Earl Campbell ad

Man was that a different time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5514h...os=kH-cZXfFahQ

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Old Earl Campbell ad

I knew it was the "Skoal Brotha" commercial before I even looked. Makes me an old fart I guess.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

The awesomeness of that is so awesome.
Old 07-13-2010   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

No way those are 36 inch thighs. I've alwaysbeen skeptical of the size.
Old 07-14-2010   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Different time indeed. Do you think a NFL player would get away with marketing tobacco today? I tend to doubt it.

Unfortunately, Earl isn't doing too good of late. I ran into him at 3rd Base a couple of years ago. He was just hanging out with Roosevelt Leaks. He was real nice, etc however it was sad to see that he had to be helped to his car when he left. He can barely walk due to his failing health.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Different time indeed. Do you think a NFL player would get away with marketing tobacco today? I tend to doubt it.

Unfortunately, Earl isn't doing too good of late. I ran into him at 3rd Base a couple of years ago. He was just hanging out with Roosevelt Leaks. He was real nice, etc however it was sad to see that he had to be helped to his car when he left. He can barely walk due to his failing health.
I saw him a couple of times even more recently than that. He's getting worse very quickly. It's devastating. Earl's my hero. Still is.
Old 07-14-2010   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The awesomeness of that is so awesome.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I gave up dippin' and chewin' while in the military!
Old 07-14-2010   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Long live Earl............. even being a "T-Sip"!! He will always have my love!!
Old 07-14-2010   #9
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Long live Earl............. even being a "T-Sip"!! He will always have my love!!
That goes both ways, Ray Childress comes to mind.
Old 07-14-2010   #10
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You're such a sucker for Longhorns with big spicy sausages (with A-1) Bill.
Old 07-14-2010   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Exactly!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
You're such a sucker for Longhorns with big spicy sausages (with A-1) Bill.
Bastard!! All was good until the mention of A-1.
Old 07-14-2010   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
No way those are 36 inch thighs. I've alwaysbeen skeptical of the size.
You never met him in person have you?

Yes, those are thigh pads that could only fit on the side of his thigh.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
You never met him in person have you?

Yes, those are thigh pads that could only fit on the side of his thigh.
I think he knows me by name now. I've met him off and on over the years. Back when he was playing for the Saints, he came into my literacy class to visit with my teacher all the time. They were old college classmates. Anyway, I didn't see him again until I moved out here in to Austin. He actually is a very public fellow. He mingles with his fans all the time. He's a very good guy. A true Texan at heart and has our famous hospitality built within himself. Earl Campbell is my hero.

Now... that being said... his thighs sure are tree trunks but I question them actually being 36 inches. I think it's an exaggeration somewhat but I can't really comment because I was young when he came to CH's classes. Everything looks huge to a 12-13-14 year old. I need to ask him if I see him again and I'm sure I will. He's no stay at home fellow.
Old 07-14-2010   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess I missed something here. Is Ray Childress' health failing as well. Haven't heard anything about him in years.

Old 07-14-2010   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I guess I missed something here. Is Ray Childress' health failing as well. Haven't heard anything about him in years.
Texan Bill an Aggie said he loved Earl despite being a Longhorn. My response was it goes both ways. There are some Aggies that are we love because they were great Oilers, like Ray Childress.
Old 07-14-2010   #16
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn I really do miss all my old Oilers (except Ian Howfield)
Old 07-14-2010   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Texan Bill an Aggie said he loved Earl despite being a Longhorn. My response was it goes both ways. There are some Aggies that are we love because they were great Oilers, like Ray Childress.
Thank you. That makes sense. So he's still healthy, yeah?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read