Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-11-2010   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Schaub vs Peyton Manning

http://blackandteal.com/2010/06/29/w...iewPollResults

I been watching this post for a long time. Since june 26th and i voted for Matt Schaub. because we did not have the runing backs the colts did.

So far Schaub is leading by 64% 231 votes to Mannings 36% 132 votes

This is for last year only and every 1 seems to agree schaub even tho he did not make playsoffs had a beter season

What do you think

vote Schaub!
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub vs Peyton Manning

I like Matt and all, but its no contest until Matt gets the hometown boys to the playoffs.
Old 07-11-2010   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I like Matt and all, but its no contest until Matt gets the hometown boys to the playoffs.
It's a one year only comparison. It isn't who has had the better career or even who is the better QB. It's only about last year and whether Schaub's performance was more impressive due primarily to getting hit twice as often and still putting up basically the same stats.
Old 07-11-2010   #4
TexasBoY25
Part-time Texan

Rep Power: 127 TexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
http://blackandteal.com/2010/06/29/w...iewPollResults

I been watching this post for a long time. Since june 26th and i voted for Matt Schaub. because we did not have the runing backs the colts did.

So far Schaub is leading by 64% 231 votes to Mannings 36% 132 votes

This is for last year only and every 1 seems to agree schaub even tho he did not make playsoffs had a beter season

What do you think

vote Schaub!
Colts had the worst running game in the league with a average of 80.9, Texans weren't much better but they did have a better running game with 92.2 ranked 30th

"I will do anything to win" - Al Davis
TexasBoY25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

It's obvious that Peyton with HIS stats, wiley smarts and "never die" attitude, didn't NEED better RB production to put better win numbers up.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I still voted Manning because:

1) Better completion %
2) More TD's
3) Only 1 more pick to go with his 4 more TD's
4) Less times sacked
5) More passes for 1st down

Manning's O-line was really no better than the Texans last year, and he just gets rid of the ball entirely too quick and accurately to say he doesn't have a positive impact on that line.

But really it's splitting hairs as both seasons would be career seasons for any QB really. People are just less impressed with Manning's because, well, he does that all the time. I think Schaub had one of the best seasons as a QB in Houston football history, but that guy up north was right there with him in yards, he just scored more points, was more accurate with his passes and knew when to get rid of the ball better.

Again, I am absolutely thankful for the season that Schaub put up last year, and it was great performance by him. In no way should I be mis-represented by people thinking I am bagging on Matt Schaub.
Old 07-12-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I still voted Manning because:

1) Better completion %
2) More TD's
3) Only 1 more pick to go with his 4 more TD's
4) Less times sacked
5) More passes for 1st down

Manning's O-line was really no better than the Texans last year, and he just gets rid of the ball entirely too quick and accurately to say he doesn't have a positive impact on that line.

But really it's splitting hairs as both seasons would be career seasons for any QB really. People are just less impressed with Manning's because, well, he does that all the time. I think Schaub had one of the best seasons as a QB in Houston football history, but that guy up north was right there with him in yards, he just scored more points, was more accurate with his passes and knew when to get rid of the ball better.

Again, I am absolutely thankful for the season that Schaub put up last year, and it was great performance by him. In no way should I be mis-represented by people thinking I am bagging on Matt Schaub.
Agree with you on the season that was bud, but just think of what could have been. If Daniles does not go down, Schaub's completions %, yds, , and passes for first down would have been much higher imho. I know that every team has to deal with injuries; but Peyton did not have any of his top options go down to injury, while Schaub lost two of his. And yes, the Colts lost Gonzales early, but he was a questionable commodity at the time. Nor did Manning lose 2/3 of his interior OL early in the season.

While I will say that Manning has a better season because of the results, I am amazed at the job that Matt was able to accomplish.
Old 07-12-2010   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

What the **** is thread about anyways???

Who's better??? Manning of course, but **** Manning! I'm going with option "B" Schaub ............................and Andre!!!!

Matt's stats are on par with Manning's, but hands down, the forehead is better than "stoney eyes"!!!!

That said, I'm very happy with Matt at the helm!!
Old 07-12-2010   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The numbers are close. But the Colts went to the playoffs while we didn't. Thus Manning > Schaub.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning over Schaub

I think that if both players are in equal situations (i.e if Schaub replaced Manning in Indy), Manning would still be the better QB and have a better year. Schaub would do extremely well, but IMO Manning edges him out
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you must be BORED!! I really don't care about 2009 anymore! What matters is what lies ahead, and I vote Schaub to come out ahead in the #s game. NOW, I get down on my knees and PRAY to the football gawds that he stays healthy!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75355 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to vote for Manning, because he sways the refs more.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #13
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

manning made the playoffs
schaub sat a home and watches the playoffs.

*shrug* easy pick in my book.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post

This right here. ^^^
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #15
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 136 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post Slatonisabeast. Keep up the good work!
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this quote just about sums up my feelings:

Quote:
In my book, Matt Schaub had a better year personally. Peyton Manning had a better year as leader of a team.
Not that I don't think Schaub is a leader, because he is. He's just not the leader that Manning is to the Colts.
Old 07-13-2010   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think this quote just about sums up my feelings:

Not that I don't think Schaub is a leader, because he is. He's just not the leader that Manning is to the Colts.
True that. Heck, Manning's basically the assistant head coach that oversees the entire offense. Caldwell might very well be a good head coach, but I'll never believe it as long as Jughead's around.
Old 07-13-2010   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep pretty much how I feel.

You also forgot adding a record 4th MVP.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010   #19
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That is the way I see it. I measure the QB by the wins the teams had, not how he made the fantasy team win.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read