Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-11-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TWO 2009 Colts Games reviewed

The format of reviewing each of the Colts' 2009 games, as presented on Stampedeblue.com is quite interesting. Not by "experts" but still an interesting format that affords some thoughts from the "dark side." Many of our "expert" posters have offered a good patchwork of insights. However, it could possibly take it to a higher level if it were formatted in the above constructed presentation.

WEEK 9 TEXANS @ COLTS

WEEK 12 COLTS 2 TEXANS
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default StampedeBlue Blog-replay of 2009 season Texans-Indy

Quote:
2009 Regular Season Recap Series...

To help pass time this off-season, I've started re-watching all the Colts games from 2009. With this second look at how the team played, and from a more objective / less emotional perspective, a few things have jumped out at me. I thought this might be a good opportunity to rethink some of my previously-held opinions on some players. So, with your kind indulgence and as i view a game at a time, I'll be sharing some overall impressions.

Please don't set your expectations too high. I'm neither a football expert like Shake or BBS nor do I have great analytical insights like mgrex. I just plan

to watch the games and comment about what I see. I invite you to relive the 2009 season with me. I'm hoping it generates some discussion and that those more knowledgeable about such things can help me better understand the sport and team I love.

Today's Game: Week 9, Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/6/1...n-recap-series

Quote:
Setting The Stage

* The Colts come into the game 7-0, one of two undefeated teams. The Texans enter the game at 5-3 and boast one of the most productive offenses in the league and a surprisingly stingy defense. Matt Schaub leads the league in passing yds and TD passes, and Andre Johnson leads the league in receiving yds. Colts injuries include Bob Sanders, Tyjuan Hagler, and Kelvin Hayden. DeVan starts at RG in place of Pollak.

Quote:
random thoughts after that game

Andre Johnson is a beast. There’s just no other way to say it. He doesn’t whine, he doesn’t complain, he doesn’t demand attention; he just plays hard and makes big plays. Huge 23 yd completion with the game on the line, and he just hands the ball to the ref and hustles to get ready for the next play. Also, Schaub is good; really good. Give him protection, and his reads and ball placement are excellent. When the Houston offense gets hot, they’re just about unstoppable.

As much as I respect Jeff Fisher of the Titans, that’s how much I dislike Houston’s coach, Kubiak. I really don’t set out to dislike anybody, honestly… but this guy has no class. He’s the opposite of Dungy & Caldwell; he’s whiney when his team is flagged and I often see him swearing at the refs. This guy could be the best father on the planet, for all I know, but from a distance, he strikes me as less-than-stellar in the leadership area. It looks like his own coaches and players avoid him.

Penalties played a huge role today; Houston 13 for 103 yds, Indy 3 for 35.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default StampedeBlue Blog-replay of 2009 season Indy-Texans

well figure I would separate the two due to two different games

Quote:
2009 Regular Season Recap Series...

To help pass time this off-season, I've started re-watching all the Colts games from 2009. With this second look at how the team played, and from a more objective / less emotional perspective, a few things have jumped out at me. I thought this might be a good opportunity to rethink some of my previously-held opinions on some players. So, with your kind indulgence and as i view a game at a time, I'll be sharing some overall impressions.

I'm neither a football expert like Shake or BBS nor do I have great analytical insights like mgrex. I just plan to watch the games and comment about what I see. I invite you to relive the 2009 season with me. I'm hoping it generates some discussion and that those more knowledgeable about such things can help me better understand the sport and team I love.

Today's Game: Week 12, The Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/7/1...n-recap-series

Quote:
Week 12 - The Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans, 11/29/2009

Setting The Stage

* It’s Thanksgiving weekend, and the Colts come into the game 10-0 on the season and 14-1 all-time against the Texans. Manning has 34 career TDs vs Houston, the most of any team. The Texans, at 5-5, sport the 30th-ranked rushing offense, and are desperate for a shot at a wildcard berth. Freeney has an abdomen injury and doesn’t make the trip; Brock starts, and Josh Thomas gets quite a bit of playing time. Hayden is out, and CJ is playing with a bad foot.

* The field: Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX. The roof is open on a cloudy, 75 degree day.

* The crowd: 70,990 in attendance. The crowd is pretty savvy; they know when to be loud and when to be quiet. One thing is obvious; they don’t like the Colts. Haha… sure, lady. Your team is Number One.

* The network coverage: Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf of CBS. I like how CBS spends the first 10 minutes setting the stage for the game, including a brief recap of their Week 9 contest and pointing out strengths and weaknesses of both clubs. Dierdorf mentions that Peyton will be looking for the Nickle defense and will audible to a run. Turns out to be true on the Colts’ first offensive play; Addai up the middle for 5. Gumble says that Dallas Clark told him ‘you know where the Texans defensive is going to be’ as opposed to a Ravens defense that comes from everywhere. Overall, I like this team. Gumbel is a bit bland, but steady, and Dierdorf (who was it that called him Mr. Obvious?) tends to over-state things. Still, they seem to know the teams well, and they’re pretty well prepared.

Quote:
1st Qtr:

* Whoa! Session sends the RB flying with a huge hit (heard it clearly), forcing Schaub to rush the pass; complete to Johnson for the first. By the way, Session is the leading tackler for the Colts coming into this game.

* Ok, that was just too easy. Texans drive 79 yds in 11 plays, Schaub to Brown, Schaub to Dreessen, Schaub to Leach for the TD (Schaub’s 50th career TD). Powers cheats inside while Schaub bootlegs and hits the wide-open FB for a quick Texans 7-0 lead.

* Diem totally whiffs on his block, and the Texans’ LE comes clean (what Dierdorf calls a ‘soft corner’). Manning senses the pressure and drops to the turf or he’d been blindsided; the 8th sack of Peyton this year. Colts punt.
Quote:
Random thoughts

* Houston play-calling is very, very good. They know the Colts and call up plays that have the defense on their heels most of the first half; bootlegs, play fakes, big runs on second- and third-and-long. Who’s the offensive coordinator? Kyle Shanahan.
I’ve never seen Manning do what he did today. He often raises his leg once, then relaxes, then raises it again just prior to the snap. Late in the 1st Qtr, he raises it, relaxes, then snaps it up and down as Saturday quick snaps it. If anyone has seen him do this before, please let me know. That’s a first for me.
Old 07-11-2010   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Default Re: TWO 2009 Colts Games reviewed

you were quick CnD ..

mods please merge mine with his , I guess I was reading quoting while he got it in ..
Old 07-11-2010   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

That's an interesting perspective on Kubiak...Not so much about the players avoiding him (because I think they like him), but more wo about his whining...I never really paid attention, but yeah...Whiny is not a good trait on a football sideline...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd bet all of that about Kubiak is a direct result of the affect the Colts have on him. How many of us don't feel like the refs screw us when we play them....and any subordinate of mine (coaches) wouldn't want to be too close to me when I felt that way either. This fan doesn't see Kubiak when we're beating the Raiders or something. He sees him when we play Peyton Manning and the Referees--oh, and the Colts too.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49424 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's an interesting perspective on Kubiak...Not so much about the players avoiding him (because I think they like him), but more wo about his whining...I never really paid attention, but yeah...Whiny is not a good trait on a football sideline...
So should we call him Crybiak? I never really noticed it myself.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2010   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I totally get their frustration with whiny people. Listening to Kubiak whine once or twice a game is just too much for them to handle after dealing with Peyton Manning's epic whinefests.
Old 07-11-2010   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I totally get their frustration with whiny people. Listening to Kubiak whine once or twice a game is just too much for them to handle after dealing with Peyton Manning's epic whinefests.

SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE.............PEYTON'S CHILDHOOD HOME VIDEO!

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 07-11-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: SP
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE.............PEYTON'S CHILDHOOD HOME VIDEO!
Hell yes. My whiny kid, is also, destined to be a god at football. Thanks for the re-affirmation doc.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read