Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

CheeseHeads will Die Before Getting their Season Tickets

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
This is an amazing story about the fandom of Green Bay.

Forty years after Lowell put Tina’s name on the Packers’ season ticket waiting list and 16 years after his death, the De Pere resident can join that club.

She is one of 126 members of the team’s season ticket waiting list — which had 83,881 names as of Thursday — who will have new season tickets. And it’s all that her family has heard about this week.

To me the Packer fans are the NFL's best.

I can't argue with this. I had never seen so many visiting fans than when Favre and the Packers came here many years ago. Their fans were all very very classy I thought and I enjoyed some of the smack between them during the game. This was a long way to travel for them, but they came and had a nice time.

Packers season ticket holders are Owners of the Packers

That's the unique situation. Although, it is a not a typical "ownership."

Of all the reasons that make the Green Bay Packers and their story so incredible and unique, the most significant is simply this: The team is literally owned by its fans.

Presently, 112,120 people (representing 4,750,937 shares) can lay claim to a franchise ownership interest.

Shares of stock include voting rights, but the redemption price is minimal, no dividends are ever paid, the stock cannot appreciate in value, and there are no season-ticket privileges associated with stock ownership. No shareholder is allowed to own more than 200,000 shares, a safeguard to ensure that no one individual is able to assume control of the club.

Shareholder & Financial History [from PACKERS.COM]

I can't argue with this. I had never seen so many visiting fans than when Favre and the Packers came here many years ago. Their fans were all very very classy I thought and I enjoyed some of the smack between them during the game. This was a long way to travel for them, but they came and had a nice time.

Yep, I went to that game and was surrounded by them since is stayed at the Holiday Inn on Kirby. They had the hotel filled up. No sooner that I got there, stepped on the elevator full of them going up they started talking a little light hearted smack as I was sporting a Texans jersey. After the game we hung out at the bar and shut it down, we ended up drinking with a bunch of them at one of the tables, really good folks.

That was a tough loss to stomach though with the Longwell FG in the last few seconds.

Back