Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-09-2010   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I know it's the Bleacher Report, but...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...sletter#page/1

I thought it was pretty accurate and echoed a few things I've read from posters here.

Whadda ya think? Hype or HS?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I know it's the Bleacher Report, but...

Very accurate. I think they should have had a slide dedicated to Antoine Caldwell. He'll need to step it up for our running game to get going like it did in 2008.

I like the James Casey slide. Man that would be crazy good if he's on the field with OD and Andre Johnson. Lethal passing attack.
Old 07-09-2010   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tate- Meh, my second favorite back in the draft. Should be a good player, but I am still a little miffed at the trade back. I am not interested in arguing it however. As a Texans fan, I am pulling for Tate.

Winston- I think he is just about tapped out. Still young-ish, but I am not expecting any "break-out" performance from him. Just above average play.

Schaub- This is a joke, right? Last year was his coming out party. Stud.

Casey- I agree, loads of potential, this good be a big year for him.

Holliday- Agreed. Fast, if used properly could be a game changer.

Pollard- Again, I think last year was his breakout. I expect more of the same, maybe a little improvement with him being more comfortable in the system.

Barwin- I agree here too. I am expecting close to double digit sacks here.

Mitchell- I feel schizophrenic as it pertains to Mitchell. I get caught up with what I here from the board, and the coaches, but then I look at my notes from during the season and I sour on him. I am pulling for him, but I dont expect much.

Jackson- Agreed

Diles- Why not. I dont think he needs to breakout, he is already a very capable starter.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I can offer a good position on either side. This season could go either way and also the players could perform well but still have so-so W- L record.

RMartin65, tried to rep but could not. Good eval on your part.
Old 07-09-2010   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It doensn't matter to me which player(s) come up with a break-out season.
All I want is for the team to stay relative healthy as last year.
We are a better team than last year.
We were a young team overall, and we didn't lose hardly more talent than we acquired.
The young guys should improve (as a group, and that includes Schaub.)

We don't need double-digit sack number from Barwin.

We just need the guys to continue to play as a cohesive units on offense, defense, and special team.

Luck is always welcomed, but really, all I ask is our fair share, more or less, and we ought to be fine. No excuse!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read