Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-07-2010   #1
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School
Default Ben Tate Q&A at 2PM

Houston Texans Our rookie running back Ben Tate, a second-round pick, will take questions from fans in a live chat today at 2 p.m. on www.NFLPlayers.com!!! Be sure to watch and tell us your thoughts.

Got this from FB.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Q&A at 2PM

That was almost as bad as one of McGobbler's chats.
Old 07-08-2010   #3
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That was almost as bad as one of McGobbler's chats.
Can you give a description of it?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

@BenTateRB: Hi everyone. Thanks for joining me

@BenTateRB: Ok everyone. Phew back. I lost connection for a minute.

[Comment From Robby Robby : ]
What do you see your role as this season?

@BenTateRB: I'm coming in to compete and work hard.

@BenTateRB: I'll do whatever I have to do to make the team and be a part of this team.

[Comment From Mike D Mike D : ]
You seem to be a huge Twitter/Facebook guy ... when did you pick it up?

@BenTateRB: Started after my senior season at Auburn. It's a good way to connect and stay in touch with fans. Follow me! @BenTateRB

[Comment From Nick Nick : ]
What was one of the more surprising things you learned from the rookie symposium?

@BenTateRB: It was good to hear things reinforced that I already know.

@BenTateRB: Especially from former players like Cris Carter and Aeneas Williams.

[Comment From Frank Frank : ]
How do you like Houston?

@BenTateRB: It's a great city. Still trying to get used to the heat. Other than that I'm excited to be here. It's a great city.

[Comment From Karla Karla : ]
What keeps you motivated to play football day after day? Most players are never playing without an injury - do you have any tricks to keep on keeping on?

@BenTateRB: I love the game. I love doing what I do. If you don't love the game, then it's time for you to stop.

@BenTateRB: Injuries are not something that I can control. I just try to go out and work hard everyday.

[Comment From Teddy Teddy : ]
Compare yourself to a current back in the NFL.

@BenTateRB: I don't like comparing myself to guys in the league.

@BenTateRB: I like to think I'm a little different than everyone else.

[Comment From BigRon BigRon : ]
Lookin' forward to seeing what you'll bring to the table for my TEXANS. I know you"ll have to focus on pass-pro, but what's your best attribute for running their zone scheme, in your opinion?

@BenTateRB: I feel like I'm a good fit for any running scheme, really.

@BenTateRB: I don't like to dance around a lot as a runner. When I see a hole, or a seam, it's one cut and I'm gone.

@BenTateRB: I try to run downhill and not do too much dancing.

[Comment From Flash Flash : ]
Are you getting comfortable with having #43 instead of #44 on your jersey?

@BenTateRB: Very comfortable in that number. No problems. Time for a change.

[Comment From Tim Mosher Tim Mosher : ]
Who are you most looking forward to playing with and who are you most looking forward to playing against?

@BenTateRB: Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson.

@BenTateRB: Two of the best at their positions.

@BenTateRB: I'm looking forward to learning from them and how they go about their lives.

[Comment From Tiny Tiny : ]
What are your top 3 goals for 2010?

@BenTateRB: As far as against, a lot of the great LBs in the NFL.

@BenTateRB: I have a lot of personal goals but I like to keep those to myself.

[Comment From Big Joe Big Joe : ]
is LeBron James coming to the Texans?

@BenTateRB: But as far as team goals go, obviously, I'm looking for the playoffs and Super Bowl!

@BenTateRB: LeBron signed with the TEXANS! He's our No. 3 wide receiver.

[Comment From Sammy Sammy : ]
Do you have a strict diet or try to stay away from certain foods?

@BenTateRB: I try to eat healthy.

@BenTateRB: Being a rookie is hard because I'm not settled in yet.

@BenTateRB: I'm traveling a lot so it makes it tough to get into a routine of eating healthy all the time.

[Comment From Jilane Jilane : ]
When was the last time you cried or got really upset?

@BenTateRB: When I got drafted.

[Comment From Flash Flash : ]
Dude, I CAN'T wait to see you play for the Texans!!!!

@BenTateRB: Appreciate it. Looking forward to it.

[Comment From Laura Laura : ]
Growing up did you have a favorite player or NFL team?

@BenTateRB: Yes I did. Loved watching Emmitt Smith.

@BenTateRB: LaDainian Tomlinson too.

[Comment From richard richard : ]
Yoooo eastern shore boy!!!!!!

@BenTateRB: I'm going to always rep the shore.

[Comment From Kevin Kevin : ]
What's it like being a rookie in the NFL? Did you have a place to live when you first started practicing with the Texans or were you in a hotel for a while? What's the transition like?

@BenTateRB: It's been a tough transition because you don't have a constant place to live right now.

@BenTateRB: It's been hard to get into a routine but I'm enjoying the experience.

[Comment From Marty Marty : ]
Are you going to play as yourself in Madden? Do you think they will rate you right?

@BenTateRB: I had a chance to play Madden when I was at the NFL PLAYERS Rookie Premiere.

[Comment From gracee gracee : ]
Because your major was criminology, if you weren't playing football, would you pursue that career field?

@BenTateRB: Wasn't rated too high, so not sure if I'll be playing as myself. I like to win. I'll get better though.

@BenTateRB: Yes I would. Secret Service.

[Comment From "E" as in "Eddie"...... "E" as in "Eddie"...... : ]
I'm so pumped for Ben Tate Day on July 17th at Stephen Decatur Park in Berlin, MD.

@BenTateRB: I'll be there. Excited.

[Comment From Pete Rummel Pete Rummel : ]
I know you're just entering the league, but what do you think about the threat of a lockout?

@BenTateRB: I think it's a possibility that it could happen.

@BenTateRB: It's unfortunate timing for this rookie class. I have to be prepared for it and be smart about managing my money.

[Comment From kenny kenny : ]
How hard is it learning an NFL playbook?

@BenTateRB: It's tough. It takes a lot of time. I study really hard.

@BenTateRB: A lot harder than college but I do whatever it takes.

[Comment From Fresh Fresh : ]
Do you have any mentors that have taken you under their wing and explained to you about the distractions and what to do to stay focused on the field?

@BenTateRB: Not yet, but I did have a chance to talk to Tony Richardson of the NY Jets.

@BenTateRB: He's played a long time in the league and I'll be staying in touch with him to learn about being a pro for a long time.

@BenTateRB: Thanks for joining me today.

@BenTateRB: I have to sign off but I'll see you this season.

NFL Players Association: Thanks to everyone for joining us for the Live Chat With Ben Tate! Be sure to check NFLPLAYERS.COM for future discussions with players from around the league.

http://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/C...With-Ben-Tate/
Old 07-09-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for posting that Hou-Tex. And you are right. That was very McGobbler-esque.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read