Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Back in the game!

Goldensilence

hipster elite
A friend started a pay league for this upcoming season and I'm very excited! I won the past two he started so I'm hoping for a threepeat!

Best thing is this year I got the first pick in the draft. Suggestions?

I'm thinking Brees, Chris Johnson, Aaron Rodgers or Peyton.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
A friend started a pay league for this upcoming season and I'm very excited! I won the past two he started so I'm hoping for a threepeat!

Best thing is this year I got the first pick in the draft. Suggestions?

I'm thinking Brees, Chris Johnson, Aaron Rodgers or Peyton.
It all depends on who you're drafting against and what goes off the board the fastest. I always make my first and second pick based on what elite players will be on the board at certain positions the next round. If you pick first, then it will be a while before your next pick comes around so you want to think about who "won't" be there and who might. I usually go with a RB with my first pick to get at least one elite one and then I trickle it down from there by position depending on who is there. I think getting elite WR's is really important because throughout the season you can always find solid RB's who become starters and give you pay dirt. If you lose a top WR or have crappy ones, you're not going to find some stud out of nowhere most likely. There is one or two every year, but it's hard to be that guy that gets him where several RB's become valuable throughout the year that weren't worth a cent on draft day. QB's are very important in my league as well with 6 pts a TD and 5 per 100 yards.

If I were you I'd probably go with Chris Johnson or Jones Drew. If you go with a QB, I'd go with Aaron Rogers or Peydon Manning. If you take a RB first I'd probably go WR and QB the next two rounds and hope that Scahub, Rivers, or Favre is available with your next picks.

Ryan

THIS YEAR
With the way fantasy football is changing, as well as the actual game itself, it's making more emphasis on quality WR's and a very good QB. The general consensus used to be to draft two rb's in the first 2 or 3 rounds, but with so many backs now sharing carries with others, it's making the running back position way less valuable.

And especially this year, the RB class is very top heavy with guys like CJ, AD, and MJD, but then the rest are most likely splitting carries in a running back by committee. I did a very early draft in a random public league i had joined on Yahoo! today, and i only drafted one running back in the first 4 rounds, and that was just because i was shocked he had fallen down to me. My 2nd round pick was Peyton Manning, just because of the value(i still hate myself for doing it), and my 3rd and 4th picks were both WRs(Boldin and Ocho Cinco). It was especially critical in this league because alot of leagues are starting to lean towards a PPR format, and a guy like Andre Johnson gets put over most players(he went 4th overall in this league). And solid receivers are much harder to come by in the FA pool during the season than a running back is.

But reiterating what the guy above me said, it's all about how the rest of your league picks, and however they strategize you should counter it and beat them. CJ is probably the safest pick in the draft this year.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
With the way fantasy football is changing, as well as the actual game itself, it's making more emphasis on quality WR's and a very good QB. The general consensus used to be to draft two rb's in the first 2 or 3 rounds, but with so many backs now sharing carries with others, it's making the running back position way less valuable.

And especially this year, the RB class is very top heavy with guys like CJ, AD, and MJD, but then the rest are most likely splitting carries in a running back by committee. I did a very early draft in a random public league i had joined on Yahoo! today, and i only drafted one running back in the first 4 rounds, and that was just because i was shocked he had fallen down to me. My 2nd round pick was Peyton Manning, just because of the value(i still hate myself for doing it), and my 3rd and 4th picks were both WRs(Boldin and Ocho Cinco). It was especially critical in this league because alot of leagues are starting to lean towards a PPR format, and a guy like Andre Johnson gets put over most players(he went 4th overall in this league). And solid receivers are much harder to come by in the FA pool during the season than a running back is.

But reiterating what the guy above me said, it's all about how the rest of your league picks, and however they strategize you should counter it and beat them. CJ is probably the safest pick in the draft this year.
I'm not too sure about that. His carries will probably be reduced and it is not likely he will come close to last year.

Ryan

THIS YEAR
I'm not too sure about that. His carries will probably be reduced and it is not likely he will come close to last year.

But 1500 and 10 TDs minimum is very likely. He doesn't have alot of question marks.