Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010   #1
Goldensilence
hipster elite
 
Goldensilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin
Age: 32
Posts: 5,143
Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Back in the game!

A friend started a pay league for this upcoming season and I'm very excited! I won the past two he started so I'm hoping for a threepeat!

Best thing is this year I got the first pick in the draft. Suggestions?

I'm thinking Brees, Chris Johnson, Aaron Rodgers or Peyton.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,861
Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Back in the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
A friend started a pay league for this upcoming season and I'm very excited! I won the past two he started so I'm hoping for a threepeat!

Best thing is this year I got the first pick in the draft. Suggestions?

I'm thinking Brees, Chris Johnson, Aaron Rodgers or Peyton.
It all depends on who you're drafting against and what goes off the board the fastest. I always make my first and second pick based on what elite players will be on the board at certain positions the next round. If you pick first, then it will be a while before your next pick comes around so you want to think about who "won't" be there and who might. I usually go with a RB with my first pick to get at least one elite one and then I trickle it down from there by position depending on who is there. I think getting elite WR's is really important because throughout the season you can always find solid RB's who become starters and give you pay dirt. If you lose a top WR or have crappy ones, you're not going to find some stud out of nowhere most likely. There is one or two every year, but it's hard to be that guy that gets him where several RB's become valuable throughout the year that weren't worth a cent on draft day. QB's are very important in my league as well with 6 pts a TD and 5 per 100 yards.


If I were you I'd probably go with Chris Johnson or Jones Drew. If you go with a QB, I'd go with Aaron Rogers or Peydon Manning. If you take a RB first I'd probably go WR and QB the next two rounds and hope that Scahub, Rivers, or Favre is available with your next picks.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Beaumont,Tx
Section: Section 135, Row F
Posts: 5,274
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Back in the game!

With the way fantasy football is changing, as well as the actual game itself, it's making more emphasis on quality WR's and a very good QB. The general consensus used to be to draft two rb's in the first 2 or 3 rounds, but with so many backs now sharing carries with others, it's making the running back position way less valuable.


And especially this year, the RB class is very top heavy with guys like CJ, AD, and MJD, but then the rest are most likely splitting carries in a running back by committee. I did a very early draft in a random public league i had joined on Yahoo! today, and i only drafted one running back in the first 4 rounds, and that was just because i was shocked he had fallen down to me. My 2nd round pick was Peyton Manning, just because of the value(i still hate myself for doing it), and my 3rd and 4th picks were both WRs(Boldin and Ocho Cinco). It was especially critical in this league because alot of leagues are starting to lean towards a PPR format, and a guy like Andre Johnson gets put over most players(he went 4th overall in this league). And solid receivers are much harder to come by in the FA pool during the season than a running back is.

But reiterating what the guy above me said, it's all about how the rest of your league picks, and however they strategize you should counter it and beat them. CJ is probably the safest pick in the draft this year.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 24,495
Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Back in the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
With the way fantasy football is changing, as well as the actual game itself, it's making more emphasis on quality WR's and a very good QB. The general consensus used to be to draft two rb's in the first 2 or 3 rounds, but with so many backs now sharing carries with others, it's making the running back position way less valuable.


And especially this year, the RB class is very top heavy with guys like CJ, AD, and MJD, but then the rest are most likely splitting carries in a running back by committee. I did a very early draft in a random public league i had joined on Yahoo! today, and i only drafted one running back in the first 4 rounds, and that was just because i was shocked he had fallen down to me. My 2nd round pick was Peyton Manning, just because of the value(i still hate myself for doing it), and my 3rd and 4th picks were both WRs(Boldin and Ocho Cinco). It was especially critical in this league because alot of leagues are starting to lean towards a PPR format, and a guy like Andre Johnson gets put over most players(he went 4th overall in this league). And solid receivers are much harder to come by in the FA pool during the season than a running back is.

But reiterating what the guy above me said, it's all about how the rest of your league picks, and however they strategize you should counter it and beat them. CJ is probably the safest pick in the draft this year.
I'm not too sure about that. His carries will probably be reduced and it is not likely he will come close to last year.
__________________
Re: Who starts at QB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Beaumont,Tx
Section: Section 135, Row F
Posts: 5,274
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Back in the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I'm not too sure about that. His carries will probably be reduced and it is not likely he will come close to last year.

But 1500 and 10 TDs minimum is very likely. He doesn't have alot of question marks.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 24,495
Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Back in the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
But 1500 and 10 TDs minimum is very likely. He doesn't have alot of question marks.
That is true...
__________________
Re: Who starts at QB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger