Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-05-2010   #1
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default JaMarcus Russell arrested for controlled substance

Codeine syrup...lol

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
Old 07-05-2010   #2
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JaMarcus Russell arrested for controlled substance

Coughing much?
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Well it obviously wasn't talent!
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #4
TexasBoY25
Part-time Texan

Rep Power: 127 TexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexasBoY25 is a quality contributor and well respected

JaNourmos Russell, a damn shame! He can clearly say goodbye to a second change at least for the 2010 season. Best move the Raiders did this offseason was releasing this fool

"I will do anything to win" - Al Davis
TexasBoY25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Oh yeah. I've drank that before. It'll **** you up pretty good. That's the good stuff there. Yummy too!
Old 07-05-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Oh yeah. I've drank that before. It'll **** you up pretty good. That's the good stuff there. Yummy too!
Oh Yeah!
Old 07-05-2010   #7
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

<<<
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-05-2010   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh Yeah!
Just don't wash 'em down with bars (xanax).

Keep in mind that Deaf people generally sit, stand, chat directly facing each other so we can communicate easier. Anyway, when I was living in my 300 sq foot room at Cougar Place, a buddy of mine came over with some bars on him. We popped a couple after downing some cough syrup and just relaxed for a few hours chatting away.

Clear as day, I felt myself urinating into my pants while chatting in my chair. I popped up and said... holy shit! I just pissed my pants! I immediately flung my pants and boxers off then sit right back down as if nothing happened and resumed chatting. My friend was in sheer horror screaming at me what in the hell was I doing. I was like nothing man. What's the big deal? YOU'RE NAKED YOU'RE NAKED! Oh yeah. My bad.

Only time I ever tried bars. Never again.
Old 07-05-2010   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A Sting operation!

Quote:
Ex-Oakland Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell arrested in undercover sting

1 Recommend A bad offseason got worse for JaMarcus Russell on Monday when the former Oakland Raiders QB was arrested and alleged to have possessed a controlled substance.

Police in Mobile County, Alabama, alleged that Russell was in possession of codeine, a prescription painkiller. Sheriff's spokesperson Lori Myles told the AP that Russell was arrested as part of an undercover investigation.

The arrest comes two months after the Raiders cut Russell, whom they had selected with the first overall selection in the 2007 draft.

Russell was released after posting $2,500 bail. He is due in court on July 20.

Russell hasn't yet made a comment about the arrest.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A Sting operation!
That's funny! Any idea what the penalty is for possessing a prescription drug without a script?
Old 07-05-2010   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Just don't wash 'em down with bars (xanax).

Keep in mind that Deaf people generally sit, stand, chat directly facing each other so we can communicate easier. Anyway, when I was living in my 300 sq foot room at Cougar Place, a buddy of mine came over with some bars on him. We popped a couple after downing some cough syrup and just relaxed for a few hours chatting away.

Clear as day, I felt myself urinating into my pants while chatting in my chair. I popped up and said... holy shit! I just pissed my pants! I immediately flung my pants and boxers off then sit right back down as if nothing happened and resumed chatting. My friend was in sheer horror screaming at me what in the hell was I doing. I was like nothing man. What's the big deal? YOU'RE NAKED YOU'RE NAKED! Oh yeah. My bad.

Only time I ever tried bars. Never again.
Old 07-05-2010   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Myles said Russell was arrested at his home early this afternoon during an undercover investigation. Police did not find a prescription for the drug during their search, Myles said.

Other people were at the residence, but Russell was the only one arrested, according to Myles.

LINK
Old 07-05-2010   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He's damn near off the chart.

(cue Ed 'Too Tall' Jones commercial)
Old 07-05-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
He's damn near off the chart.

(cue Ed 'Too Tall' Jones commercial)
Probably damn near off the scale also...
Old 07-05-2010   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Probably damn near off the scale also...
As though that station isn't full of pork-bellies as is.
Old 07-05-2010   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Although I haven't found it confirmed yet, the "codeine syrup" referred to is most likely a mixture of codeine syrup along with promethazine (Phenergan), well-known on the streets as Purple Drank (which orriginated and first hit the streets here in our own city). Watch this video that explains Purple Drank.
Old 07-05-2010   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Although I haven't found it confirmed yet, the "codeine syrup" referred to is most likely a mixture of codeine syrup along with promethazine (Phenergan), well-known on the streets as Purple Drank (which orriginated and first hit the streets here in our own city). Watch this video that explains Purple Drank.
I was referring to that but could not remember the spelling. Very popular at UH.
Old 07-05-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Wrong link Doc.

edit: this is the link to the video ESPN posted...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5332554
Old 07-05-2010   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wrong link Doc.

edit: this is the link to the video ESPN posted...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5332554
Sorry, fixed the link......... Watch this video that explains Purple Drank.
Old 07-05-2010   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

It was a joke type of article that appeared in the San Francisco Chronicle back in March. But now the piece appears to be just plain prophetic of recent revelations.

Quote:
This is a story that's got legs. In fact, the story is moving quicker than the guy it's about.

Gary Peterson, in his Bay Area News Group column Sunday, wrote that Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell was "rumored to have spent part of the offseason at a clinic being treated for lethargy addiction ...."

That joke refers to Russell's notorious work-lite ethic, and to reports that he has been in Arizona at an athletic training program. I, too, have written lines that were so cute that readers missed the joke. Peterson's jest was taken literally by one Bay Area TV sportscaster, who reported Russell's "treatment" as news.

So it's been in print and on TV - JaMarcus is in lethargy rehab. From the e-chat at various Raiders' fan sites, it's clear that for many, the jest has morphed into fact.

Russell did go to Arizona, although if he actually enrolled in a shape-up program, it's news to Raiders' execs.

The interesting thing is not that a columnist's jest was misconstrued, or that a TV reporter misconstrued it. What's fascinating is that Russell's body of, uh, work in three NFL seasons makes the jokey report totally believable.

Russell has become the poster dude for lethargy, a condition waiting to be clinically approved.

Soon doctors will explain that lethargy isn't a character fault, it's a disease. If a golfer can be addicted to sex, why can't a quarterback be addicted to sloth? At least Russell is a recovering non-workaholic.

By the way, on YouTube I saw a clip, "JaMarcus spins twice & slings it 53." Russell, then quarterbacking LSU, and a good 50 pounds lighter than the Russell of today, makes a dazzlingly nimble escape from a pass rush and completes a bomb. If only he could move like that now ...

I need to cover myself here. Maybe Russell really did check into the Lazy Star Dude Ranch & Lethargy Clinic in Phoenix. If so, I wish him luck making it to the meetings.
LINK

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read