Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-03-2010   #1
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kris Jenkins yelling at Texans fans

Did anyone see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsSq1WITuN4

I laughed..Wonder what was said?

Didn't Thomas Jones or Leon W. (can't remember which one) also have a interaction after a TD run?
Old 07-04-2010   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kris Jenkins yelling at Texans fans

iam sure no one on the texans roster has forgotten this i hope they come to play the jets this year with ........Cerbal Vengence !!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010   #3
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

god the stands are totally empty. Way to go Houston "avid" football fans. Every "biggest game in Texans history" we have the results are the same. Is "playoffs" what it's going to take? Or would a 7-2 record bring people out to kickoff?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
god the stands are totally empty. Way to go Houston "avid" football fans.
How do you know this wasn't near the end of the game. Fans leaving early isn't exclusive to Houston.
Old 07-04-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
How do you know this wasn't near the end of the game. Fans leaving early isn't exclusive to Houston.
I'd like to play...

If you play in high quality and pause around the 10 second mark. Magnify as much as possible without blurrying the picture... looks like a 4th and 2 coming up. I do need more people looking at it for confirmation. It's really really tough to see but SOMEBODY should be able to see.

I looked at the play by play at NFL.com. there were three 4th and 2s. Two coming right before the half. Another at the 5:55 mark in the 3rd. I'm hoping folks were just going to beat the halftime beer rush.
Old 07-04-2010   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
god the stands are totally empty. Way to go Houston "avid" football fans. Every "biggest game in Texans history" we have the results are the same. Is "playoffs" what it's going to take? Or would a 7-2 record bring people out to kickoff?
well can't be early in the game (based on gameday thread)

Quote:
Just looked in the stands, and they are

FULLA DEN A MUVA FUVVA!!!

Houston has some of the best fans in the NFL.
We just need our team to start matching us.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ns#post1246744

*edit*
didn't see Nitro's post
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

guess I am bored this morning

thanks to Andy
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-04-2010   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a pic at 10:10 mark in the 4th.

Here's one from the 1st quarter.

Did people leave early? Yes. The exodus began after Thomas Jones' TD run. I had given up on the game earlier, and I was watching Kubiak on the sideline, exclusively. He remained about 20-30 yards from the LOS, rarely interacting with players or other coaches. Still a sore spot with me. Barrett can blame who he wants for the Texans inability to make the playoffs (Colts, Bengals, Texan fans). I know whom I'm blaming.
Old 07-04-2010   #9
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Did anyone see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsSq1WITuN4

I laughed..Wonder what was said?

Didn't Thomas Jones or Leon W. (can't remember which one) also have a interaction after a TD run?
Kinda blurry but Thomas Jones gets the finger from a Texans fan....

Edit: found a clearer video......

you tube

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Kinda blurry but Thomas Jones gets the finger from a Texans fan....

Edit: found a clearer video......

you tube
What gesture does Jones do at the end? Does he throw up a Hookem Horns?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010   #11
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
What gesture does Jones do at the end? Does he throw up a Hookem Horns?
Kinda looks like a peace sign or a gang sign.

Old 07-04-2010   #12
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Why football or other athletes feel the need to throw up gang signs is beyond me.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 07-04-2010   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Both Jenkins and the fans who gave Jones the finger were wrong. Call me weird but when I am at a game I don't even boo the other team. I feel as if I'm there to respectfully watch the game. When the other team scores they are booed. Why? Last I checked that was the the goal of the game and you should not get angry at the other team because they are just doing their job. If their is anyone who the fans should boo it should be their own team but I don't even boo them because they have worked hard to get where they are and I would not want anyone to come to my job and boo me. I wish all players and fans would respect each other and just go out and play the game and have fun if you are a fan. I still cheer on my favorite team when they do well during the game and get angry when they lose don't get me wrong but I don't blame the other team because my team had key injuries or just layed a big fat egg out there or even because the refs had an impact on the game. I do not take it out on the other team their fans at all I just say good game and move on because it is not their fault and on Monday morning I am already excited about the next game JMO.
Old 07-04-2010   #14
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Why football or other athletes feel the need to throw up gang signs is beyond me.
Not sure if it was a gang sign, I couldn't make it out. I did see the Texans fan giving the ole #1 salute.

Old 07-04-2010   #15
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Did people leave early? Yes. The exodus began after Thomas Jones' TD run. I had given up on the game earlier, and I was watching Kubiak on the sideline, exclusively. He remained about 20-30 yards from the LOS, rarely interacting with players or other coaches. Still a sore spot with me. Barrett can blame who he wants for the Texans inability to make the playoffs (Colts, Bengals, Texan fans). I know whom I'm blaming.
Now that's some evidence. Point taken. I was at the game, I don't remember feeling like the place was full. I'm sitting in the 600's. Those were are all field level shots and you can barely count Mezza fans anyway. I will admit that half full Mezza seating is pretty awesome!

Here's a few from the same excellent bullpen photo source.

This is from the first series. If we can assume that this snapshot is a "snapshot" of the stadium seating in the first series we can deduce that there are mutliple groups of empty seats even in the easy to get to first level seats where as up top there are many, many more.

Here's yet another.

I don't think complaining that Reliant stadium isn't full would find much challenge most of the time. I'm glad to see the jewelry rattlers were in their seats late in the 1st. This fan base is taxed with lethargy and an inability to break down their tailgating at a reasonable time. It's a real issue. You guys that are in your seats at kickoff know exactly what I'm talking about. The place is half full at times. Even during the "Biggest game in Texans Histroy" games Texans fans struggle to find their seats by kickoff.

I've seen post from fans that are at ground level before and often times there is a discrepancy between their perceptions of the stadiums "fullness" and mine up in 600. I'll be sitting in the bullpen for several games this year. (Please come and say hello or tell me what you really think of me.) I'm curious to see if my perception is altered as well.

As to Lucky's take on Kubiak's sideline positioning, It's very possible that he's trying to dig us out with the playbook that he designed. You have to admit that as a realistic possibility.

There are several factors that contributed to the Texans missing the playoffs. Where Gary Kubiak was standing after the Thomas Jones TD was not one of them.

Have a safe and fun 4th of July everyone.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, one other point I'd like to make is football just like any other sport is just a game so just enjoy watching it.
Old 07-04-2010   #17
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Also, one other point I'd like to make is football just like any other sport is just a game so just enjoy watching it.
Yup. Good point. Football is just a game.

However, for all the fans that get upset when an opposing player gets into the endzone: be mad at your own D for allowing it. Don't be mad at Peyton for throwing Tds. Be mad at your D for allowing him to. No QB can throw tds when he is wrapped up and sacked afterall.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 07-04-2010   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Your team went out and messed up so blame them not the other team who is getting pay to preform. I agree fans spend money on tickets and sales and should be pissed when the team plays like crap but if that becomes a problem every week then I'll just stay home. But I won't ever boo the other team for just doing their job. I'll sure write letter to mine though explaining how I feel and will not renew my season tickets that is for sure. If your team contines to go out there and lays an egg and you continue to go to the game and waste your money there is not anyone to blame but you JMO.
Old 07-05-2010   #19
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

That dude's lucky he didn't yell at me like that. I would have run on the field and beat him up. That's just how I roll.
Old 07-05-2010   #20
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see the need to give the finger to a player for doing what he's supposed to do...should have given the finger to whoever didn't tackle Thomas Jones instead.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read