Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2005   #1
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default What the texans need.

Texans obviously need defense and the 49ers are shopping Julian peterson they are talking about trading him a first and a 3rd round pick to the chargers for Drew Brees. I don't think the Chargers will bite though. Would be a great addition for both teams considering the similarities in our defenses. Although the Chargers LB's are more agressive. Your big 3 is good but not good enough to win a championship yet. Brees LT and Gates heck even MCCardell was a pro bowler is better than Carr Davis and Johnson.
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans arent into big trades involving high picks, for vets.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005   #3
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

If im the chargers i would jump all over that, because they could use a playmaker on defense and that is exactly what they would get. And you also mention they would trade a first and 3rd round picks, and if im correct San Fran holds the first overall pick. Its time the chargers give philip rivers a chance and this is the best oppurtunity, because the solidify their defense and pick up 2 extra picks. They could take that first overall pick and than draft derrick johnson and their defense would automatically be top 5 in the nfl. If the chargers were to jump on this, they would end up with Peterson, Maybe Johnson (or anyother top prospect in this draft) an extra third round pick, and they would still have philip rivers as qb. You can't go wrong. And if rivers ends up being a bust, remember they still have LD
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005   #4
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Or if they think Julian Peterson would be fine enough on defense, than they could take the first pick and draft a big play wr like mike williams because they could use a big speedy physical reciever playing beside mccardell.
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005   #5
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
but not good enough to win a championship yet
to be proven the minute DD, AJ, and Carr are playing on different teams without a Lomabrdi under their belts from their days as Texans...right now LT, Brees and Gates/McCardell haven't been good enough to win a championship...

Last edited by jr0ck; 03-14-2005 at 10:37 AM.
jr0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005   #6
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY
If im the chargers i would jump all over that, because they could use a playmaker on defense and that is exactly what they would get. And you also mention they would trade a first and 3rd round picks, and if im correct San Fran holds the first overall pick. Its time the chargers give philip rivers a chance and this is the best oppurtunity, because the solidify their defense and pick up 2 extra picks. They could take that first overall pick and than draft derrick johnson and their defense would automatically be top 5 in the nfl. If the chargers were to jump on this, they would end up with Peterson, Maybe Johnson (or anyother top prospect in this draft) an extra third round pick, and they would still have philip rivers as qb. You can't go wrong. And if rivers ends up being a bust, remember they still have LD
Brees had a GREAT! year your gonig put in little whinny Phil Rivers? Linear isnt in the Draft theres no real good player in this Draft, Peterson is good but he cant play QB. Now I wonder if Kaeding has been given permission to seek a trade lmfao!?
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
heck even MCCardell was a pro bowler is better than Carr Davis and Johnson.
LOL, 32 GM's out of 32 would pick aj over McCardell. Y'all had a great year but don't get delusional.
Old 03-13-2005   #8
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
Brees LT and Gates heck even MCCardell was a pro bowler is better than Carr Davis and Johnson.
Brees had a better year that Carr but I think Carrs better if you gave him LT hed be firing. LT is ALOT better than DD (im not a DD fan) Johnson is clearly better than Mccardell.
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #9
texansfan88
All Pro

I want a rematch with the Chargers, I still think we can beat them
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #10
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
LOL, 32 GM's out of 32 would pick aj over McCardell. Y'all had a great year but don't get delusional.
Not only is AJ better receiver he also doesn't back stab his old team (which helped him get a SB ring) right when it seems like things are going down the pooper. MeNan McCardell!
Old 03-15-2005   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
I want a rematch with the Chargers, I still think we can beat them

i love D.D and all, but we woulda beat the chargers had he not fumbled the ball twice in that
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
i love D.D and all, but we woulda beat the chargers had he not fumbled the ball twice in that
Maybe we would have beat the Chargers is Carr had done better than 0 TD's and 2 Int's as well. I love how folks act like DD singlehandedly lost that game rather than the reality of it being a team clusterjob.
Old 03-15-2005   #13
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

haha na i wasnt saying that infanrycak, but neither of carrs ints resulted in points, one was with like 5 sec left and the other the defense held up, D.D fumbles resulted in the chargers getting point on atleast one of them !
Old 03-15-2005   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
haha na i wasnt saying that infanrycak, but neither of carrs ints resulted in points, one was with like 5 sec left and the other the defense held up, D.D fumbles resulted in the chargers getting point on atleast one of them !
That was more of a general comment than just directed at you. Just to be accurate though one of the INT's and one of the fumbles resulted in TD's for SD--like I said, it was a team effort to give the game away.
Old 03-15-2005   #15
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That was more of a general comment than just directed at you. Just to be accurate though one of the INT's and one of the fumbles resulted in TD's for SD--like I said, it was a team effort to give the game away.

oh i agree with you, its just more people seemed to be making a big deal about D.Ds fumbles rather than carrs ints. Quaterback always gets a little less blame (it seems)
Old 03-15-2005   #16
cronicallyimpared
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to cronicallyimpared

Linemen, on both sides of the ball, but most importantly on offense - That is what the Texans need! We have a productive back, we have (had) productive linebackers, we would have a much more productive group of wide receivers and a GREATLY improved quarterback (in terms of numbers) if we had an offensive line that wasn't easier to penetrate than . . . well . . . you know. What's all the talk about running backs, they’re a dime a dozen for the most part and I personally think we've got a pretty darn good one.

We can debate what if?'s all day long, but the fact remains, that the front office has yet to (in my mind) seriously put any effort into beefing up our biggest weakness. What's the point of more receivers and bigger, better, badder backs if they do as much good as those dang pink flamingo yard ornaments.

Did I mention that our offensive line is in dire need of improvement?
Old 03-15-2005   #17
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i agree DAVIS has done GOOD behing this BAD OL of ours, its like in denver their oline makes any running back who carries the ball look good ! D.D has done good with what he has been given, same goes for Carr.
Old 03-16-2005   #18
outofhnd
All Pro

That is a great notion that we should take OL but there is one small Problem with that there are not too many quality OL in this years draft. At 13 take DL this year we can get project lineman and who knows maybe with a year of zone blocking under their belt this line may actually do alot better this year with no tweaking whatsoever. DL we are terribly weak if we lose Robaire to an injury. Then it becomes a lineman by committee like we had in year 2 of our beloved franchise. Which was just painful to watch.
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

What the Texans need is to stay the course. I would like to see them stick with their self proclaimed 5 year plan and keep developing draft picks and good F/A's under the radar who fit the system. I have lots of confidence in the front office of the Texans, they're not afraid to take chances & try different aproaches as needed. they scout well and are just a little ahead of the curve throughout the NFL. I think they need to stay with young, atheltic people of excellent character & work ethic & draft speed, speed & more speed.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005   #20
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Maybe we would have beat the Chargers is Carr had done better than 0 TD's and 2 Int's as well. I love how folks act like DD singlehandedly lost that game rather than the reality of it being a team clusterjob.
I'd have to go back and look at the game again, but if I remember correctly one of those INT's was a pass that deflected off a Texan's hands and the other was a deep ball at the half. Neither INT was a bad play by Carr.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read