Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-01-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Network will air Canadian Football League games in 2010

CFL action is quite exciting, certainly moreso than the AFL. With its different field dimensions, player set up and game rules, there seems to be a wider open game with additional twists and turns. I believe that this will be attractive and enjoyable to NFL fans, especially when an NFL game is not ongoing.

Link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010   #2
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 6605 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: NFL Network will air Canadian Football League games in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
CFL action is quite exciting, certainly moreso than the AFL. With its different field dimensions, player set up and game rules, there seems to be a wider open game with additional twists and turns. I believe that this will be attractive and enjoyable to NFL fans, especially when an NFL game is not ongoing.

Link
I like this, you'll get to see some players who may make it to the NFL. BTW, Ottawa has been granted an expansion franchise for the 2013 season. Here's hoping the 3rd time's the charm.
Old 07-01-2010   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network will air Canadian Football League games in 2010

Good. I like watching Canadian football. Most especially when there is no other live football on to watch. Arena football just doesn't do it for me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010   #4
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 80312 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Good. I like watching Canadian football. Most especially when there is no other live football on to watch. Arena football just doesn't do it for me.
Me neither. It's like guys tossing a football in a gym...too cramped!
Old 07-01-2010   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Any football is better than no football and I'm tired of watching the reruns on NFL Network. I now know what I will be watching tonight! Thanks for the info...
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010   #6
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

From the article:

Quote:
TORONTO -- The Canadian Football League and NFL have agreed to a new telecast deal for 2010, it was announced Wednesday. NFL Network will broadcast 14 regular-season CFL games, starting with the season opener Thursday, July 1 at 7 p.m. ET, featuring the Montreal Alouettes and Saskatchewan Roughriders in a rematch of last year's Grey Cup championship game.
I looked ahead on my Directv guide and it doesn't show the game tonight. That blows!
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Comcast channel guide didn't show it's on, but it is. At least I can catch some of it tonight.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2010   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching it right now. Early in the season, a tad ragged play, but it is an exciting game with a lot of scoring. Looks a bit like the Arena game in that a guy can be running towards the line at the snap of the ball. Just noticed, make that 2 guys from the looks of it.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010   #9
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

I happened to catch the end of that game. Was pretty interesting, and I was surprised at the # of people in the stands, didn't know football was that popular in Canada.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010   #10
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6605 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
I happened to catch the end of that game. Was pretty interesting, and I was surprised at the # of people in the stands, didn't know football was that popular in Canada.
Saskatchewan has the best fans; their stadium is always full. Montreal actually had to move to the (smaller) stadium downtown at McGill University because there were too many empty seats at Olympic Stadium. That said, the Montreal fans do fill the stadium downtown (seats 24,000 IIRC). BTW, you'll see empty seats in Toronto, too.
Old 07-02-2010   #11
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Any idea how the BC Lions fare? I have some family in Vancouver, and I'd guess it would be worth it to check out a game if I visit them.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Any idea how the BC Lions fare? I have some family in Vancouver, and I'd guess it would be worth it to check out a game if I visit them.
You will enjoy the new open air stadium. The old one seated about 30000. The new one this year will seat about 27000 (7000 are bench seats). Last year's attendance was consistently around 27000. It should be packed and exciting.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010   #13
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You will enjoy the new open air stadium. The old one seated about 30000. The new one this year will seat about 27000 (7000 are bench seats). Last year's attendance was consistently around 27000. It should be packed and exciting.
The Lions are a respectable team, had a small venture into the playoffs last year.

As Cloak said...new stadium for this year only at Empire Stadium (the site of where Roger Bannister broke the 4 minute mile), which to me is a far better stadium for football....grass field, no roof, and a full house every game. I'm definitely going sometime this season.
Old 07-03-2010   #14
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Saskatchewan fans singing Green is the Color in the stadium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bey7...eature=related
Old 07-13-2010   #15
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I checked on line and at home and I can't find any canadian footabll on Direct Tv on the NFL network. I wahoping to catch the games I love CFL and there are lots of former NFL and soon to be NFL players in the league.
Anybody got any more updated info?
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #16
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I am ambivalent towards the CFL, but have decided that one thing I must do is attend a Saskatchewan game - been told by colleagues its a terrific experience with great fans that sell out every game.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

At least they allow cowbells!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010   #18
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Watching the Edmonton-Saskatchewan game right now. Jared Zabransky has been in for a couple of plays for Edmonton. Saskatchewan got a 54 yard FG, too.
Old 07-20-2010   #19
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Watching the Edmonton-Saskatchewan game right now. Jared Zabransky has been in for a couple of plays for Edmonton. Saskatchewan got a 54 yard FG, too.
What channel and what service do you have?
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010   #20
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

go bombers!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3RctSIo7vQ

never gonna see this at an nfl game lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read