Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rams re-sign safety Atogwe

Section516

Warrior
he St. Louis Rams signed safety Oshiomogho Atogwe to a multiyear deal Wednesday. Terms were not disclosed.
NFC West blog

Sando ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Atogwe has played in 72 games over five seasons in St. Louis, starting 60. He was placed on the reserved/injured list with a shoulder injury after 12 games last season and finished 2009 with 82 tackles, one sack, two interceptions, three passes defensed, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

"We are excited to have O.J. back in the fold," Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo said in a statement. "We were always hopeful for this result. We look forward to having his leadership, character and talent back on our defense."

Since the start of the 2006 season, Atogwe leads the NFL with 38 combined forced fumbles and interceptions. He had a career-high and NFC-leading eight interceptions in 2007.

"It's really important to stay here," said Atogwe. "That was one of the things I was thinking about through this process is my purpose with the Rams. I have been here through a lot of the hard times and I believe that was to build the resolve within me, build the resolve within my teammates so when the promised land arrives, we'd be able to enjoy it and know how to be thankful for it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5319318

GP

Go Texans!
When I stop and think about it, I don't want a guy named O.J. playing in Houston.