Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-18-2010   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Antoine Caldwell starting center(Not, but possibly starting RG)?

From the Texans website:

(on who are the best three interior lineman) "(G Kasey) Studdard and (C Antoine) Caldwell didn't do anything not to lineup as a starter when we start, so that won't change. I think (G) Wade Smith is obviously going to push (C) Chris (Meyers) and both of them. I thought (G Mike) Brisiel, when he's healthy, he missed a little time in OTA's but when he's healthy, I think he plays as good as anybody so he's going to be a big part of the mix. Of course you've got(C) Chris White and you've got a young (G) Shelley (Smith). We're going to have to do a good job of mix and matching those guys so that it's very fair from a competitive standpoint. And we'll have to probably make a decision about week three of preseason of which way we're going to go so that they can settle down and work together."

I know alot of folks here are down on K Studdard but there have been many calls for AC to start at center in lieu of ragdoll. Sounds like Coack K is on the same page.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Anoine Caldwell starting center?

Nothing from your post suggests Caldwell will be moving to Center. Sounds like he will be our starting RG, Studdard will be our LG. Smith will battle Meyers for Center.
Old 06-18-2010   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Typo. Caldwell looks to be the starting RG.
Old 06-18-2010   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Typo. Caldwell looks to be the starting RG.
This is deja vu all over again .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #5
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

DOH! Well then who can ya trust?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
This is deja vu all over again .
What??? Sage is coming back???

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
What??? Sage is coming back???
And DDW finally got his knee fixed?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2010   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Lopez (I think) in recent article in Chronicle mentioned every O lineman but forgot or just left out the FA Wade Smith.
Old 06-18-2010   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be highly disappointed if our one "big" offseason addition to the team. Wade Smith, gets relegated to backup duty. Still not sure if Studdard has the athleticism you want in a LG, but hey that's Gary's call once again.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I'd be highly disappointed if our one "big" offseason addition to the team. Wade Smith, gets relegated to backup duty. Still not sure if Studdard has the athleticism you want in a LG, but hey that's Gary's call once again.
I honestly haven't seen an issue with his athleticism. I've always thought his problem was mental, strange decision making.
Old 06-18-2010   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I honestly haven't seen an issue with his athleticism. I've always thought his problem was mental, strange decision making.
I have to agree. Hoping he will do better with more games under his belt.
Old 06-18-2010   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I really hope Caldwell nails down one of the interior OL spots. I was disappointed that our 3rd round all american from the SEC couldn't win a starting job last season after the starting OGs went down early in the season.
Old 06-18-2010   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are we talking about Wade Smith or Kubiak?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #14
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I say Smith was signed to be a backup. He was a backup in New York and he only played last year on a bad Chiefs OL. His contract is not huge, definitely not front line money. I see him here one season only.

He is here to upgrade the backup center and guard spots, at least for now.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I see him here one season only.
They aren't paying him $6.25 mil to be a one year backup. Maybe a 3-4 year backup but not one year.
Old 06-18-2010   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Has long has myers is not center I cool with anyone

and I think brisles will reclaim his rg slot he was the starter last hear wk1 and will prob be it agian this wk1 but he's def on a short lease if his play drops
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #17
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I say Smith was signed to be a backup. He was a backup in New York and he only played last year on a bad Chiefs OL. His contract is not huge, definitely not front line money. I see him here one season only.

He is here to upgrade the backup center and guard spots, at least for now.
If we wanted a one year backup at guard...why not just resign Pitts fora one year deal at a much more reasonable price?

Quote:
They aren't paying him $6.25 mil to be a one year backup. Maybe a 3-4 year backup but not one year.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts Cak. That's a pretty expensive deal for a guy who is going to be a backup. If he can't make it past Studdard or supplant Myers at C IMO it's a bad signing.

Quote:
Seems a bit stiff to me and more suited for a power man scheme, but hey i mean at this point whatever makes the team better. I'm just not sure, but that doesn't mean a whole lot other than an opinion.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
If we wanted a one year backup at guard...why not just resign Pitts fora one year deal at a much more reasonable price?

Just my opinion, but I think Pitts was our biggest problem on the OL. I don't believe he wanted to be a ZBS guard. To me, he wanted to do a lot of pulling & power 0 stuff. As one of our few leaders, I think Kubiak put up with it. But when his start streak was over, AJ & Schaub stepped up, and it appeared Kubiak was getting his guys as much experience as he could (switching Caldwell & White every game), I knew Pitts wasn't ever going to start here again.
Old 06-18-2010   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Just my opinion, but I think Pitts was our biggest problem on the OL. I don't believe he wanted to be a ZBS guard. To me, he wanted to do a lot of pulling & power 0 stuff. As one of our few leaders, I think Kubiak put up with it. But when his start streak was over, AJ & Schaub stepped up, and it appeared Kubiak was getting his guys as much experience as he could (switching Caldwell & White every game), I knew Pitts wasn't ever going to start here again.
Pitts having a huge injury (he still isn't cleared medically) isn't a ratification of your IMO incorrect opinion that he wasn't good. Pitts was the best G this team has ever known. If we could have two Pitts at G and McKinney back at C then playoffs would be a virtual certainty this year.
Old 06-18-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pitts having a huge injury (he still isn't cleared medically) isn't a ratification of your IMO incorrect opinion that he wasn't good. Pitts was the best G this team has ever known. If we could have two Pitts at G and McKinney back at C then playoffs would be a virtual certainty this year.
Wish I could rep ya for this post.
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read