Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 06-17-2010   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bill Bryne (Aggie AD) Voicemail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCHGLof8KIE

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....ada829c5.html
Old 06-17-2010   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Bill Bryne (Aggie AD) Voicemail

Finally got around to hearing the voice mail
worse than I expected but I don't blame him for being upset
he did a great job for his university and for football in the state of Texas
he helped keep traditions intact while positioning A&M in a good spot

A&M can thrive in this setup on a Top10 level
just play good in conference and beat either Texas or Oklahoma and you have an outside chance at an atlarge BCS bid
beat both and even with a fluke loss to lesser team and you got a shot at the big one. This conference is really no easier on paper but the lack of championship game makes it easier to get to nationalchampionship game

if the sec wanted the Texas market they needed to give the Aggies an offer they couldn't refuse
A&M went with the better deal. SEC needed to do more for A&M considering what they were bringing to the table. I think the problem was that the SEC already gets good ratings in the Texas markets. Maybe that made them feel less aggressive. A&M would have been a huge get fir the SeC
the sec would have been a noble idea but I think it had Fail written all over it
Old 06-17-2010   #3
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill Bryne (Aggie AD) Voicemail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Finally got around to hearing the voice mail
worse than I expected but I don't blame him for being upset
he did a great job for his university and for football in the state of Texas
he helped keep traditions intact while positioning A&M in a good spot

A&M can thrive in this setup on a Top10 level
just play good in conference and beat either Texas or Oklahoma and you have an outside chance at an atlarge BCS bid
beat both and even with a fluke loss to lesser team and you got a shot at the big one. This conference is really no easier on paper but the lack of championship game makes it easier to get to nationalchampionship game

if the sec wanted the Texas market they needed to give the Aggies an offer they couldn't refuse
A&M went with the better deal. SEC needed to do more for A&M considering what they were bringing to the table. I think the problem was that the SEC already gets good ratings in the Texas markets. Maybe that made them feel less aggressive. A&M would have been a huge get fir the SeC
the sec would have been a noble idea but I think it had Fail written all over it
I think the SEC is perfectly happy with the status quo. They were going to take A&M if either UT or OU came, or if the others went to the Pac 16. They aren't going to start the mega conference, they will just make the biggest one. They are the UT of college football conferences.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read