Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-12-2005   #1
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Thumbs up Jamie Sharper to Vikings?

I say we trade Jamie Sharper to the vikings to let him reunite with his brother.

Hou gets : 7th overall pick (from min. which they got from oak.)

Min. gets : Jamie Sharper
13th overall pick( from Hou.)

NFL draft: "with the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL draft the Houston Texans select Derrick Johnson out of the University Of Texas. :woot
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #2
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

No No No!!!!!!!!!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #3
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

easy they switch to the 3-4.
Old 03-12-2005   #4
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default Defense

Maybe the extra attention paid to the defensive side of the ball will help them advance, now if they still had Moss...they would be scary....but I think they will easily make playoffs this year
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The Vikings are going to have a hell of a defense. A front-7 of Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Udeze, Napolean Harris, EJ Henderson, Donta Thomas, and a secondary with Antone Winfiled, Sharper and Fred Smoot all of a sudden gives the Vikings a more than respectable unit. I can't see where Jamie Sharper fits in there.

Fits in @ MLB...EJ Henderson is

They run a 4-3 too and Harris playin OLB this year.
Old 03-12-2005   #6
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Bottom line is Sharper is better and more experienced than EJ and will do a whole lot better. Also with Jamie there that might cause the sharper brothers to play better as they challenge each other. And as far as you're ragone for culpepper go's vinny my idea wasnt completely crazy if Tice wasnt busy scalping tickets they could really notice that a 3-4 would help them. Also their front 7 isnt as talented as you'd think. How many pro-bowls does napolean harris have?Exactly.
Old 03-12-2005   #7
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Sharper would be an upgrade over EJ because EJ isn't a good fit for their system...He's more of a run-stuffer than a coverage guy, and Minny likes to frequently drop their MLB into coverage...Sharper would definitely be a good fit for them...

That being said, I don't think this would be a good trade for us...Can we handle another top 10 salary? For the upcoming season, yes we can, but a couple years down the road, it could make for some trouble...
Old 03-12-2005   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right now they have one of the better front-7's in the NFL I'd say.
On paper. I've heard some negative comments about Henderson, too. At the time of the Moss trade, there was speculation that if Henderson didn't raise his game, Harris would move to MLB & the Vikes would look at LBs in the draft.

But, the Vikings are not going to trade down from #7. Look at their moves, & they've tried to solidify their defense in free agency. Their biggest hole left is at WR & they may need to trade up for a shot at Edwards or Williams.
Old 03-12-2005   #9
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
That being said, I don't think this would be a good trade for us...Can we handle another top 10 salary? For the upcoming season, yes we can, but a couple years down the road, it could make for some trouble...
A couple of years down the road, Walker, Glenn, Coleman, McKinney, & Wiegert could all be coming off the books. Their 2005 combined salaries are just over $17.9 million. That's 21% of the 2005 salary cap. I think we could handle another top 10 salary a couple of years down the road.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was he one of those Vikings that had arrest issues?
Yep, EJ has a DWI & assault charge on the books since joining the Vikes.
Old 03-12-2005   #11
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

ya so Vinny, id get off your lil EJ wagon and just admit i had a decent trade proposal
Old 03-12-2005   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY
ya so Vinny, id get off your lil EJ wagon and just admit i had a decent trade proposal
This is a horrible trade for Houston. We lose JS for a rookie OLB, who MIGHT be there at 7?

If we give up Jamie, I want a legit starter.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #13
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Derrick Johnson will be better than Sharper. YA thats right, write it down
Old 03-12-2005   #14
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well i don't know about jamie sharper to the vikes but i could see foreman to them...some of the vike fans have been saying it would be nice to have chuck's son on the team just for the name...give houston a 5th or 6th round pick for him let's get it done
Old 03-12-2005   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
A couple of years down the road, Walker, Glenn, Coleman, McKinney, & Wiegert could all be coming off the books. Their 2005 combined salaries are just over $17.9 million. That's 21% of the 2005 salary cap. I think we could handle another top 10 salary a couple of years down the road.
I didn't realize that those 5 counted so much against the cap...

I checked the salaries of the 4 most recent 7th overall picks and came to the conclusion that we could add that salary no problem...$4.5 million a year was the highest average of the most recent 7th overalls (Roy Williams)...
Old 03-12-2005   #16
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Derrick Johnson will also be selected #3 by the browns. so I don't see this happening
Old 03-12-2005   #17
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
The Vikings are going to have a hell of a defense. A front-7 of Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Udeze, Napolean Harris, EJ Henderson, Donta Thomas, and a secondary with Antone Winfiled, Sharper and Fred Smoot all of a sudden gives the Vikings a more than respectable unit. I can't see where Jamie Sharper fits in there.
They're going to have a great defense on paper. Their DLine alone is something to be envious about. They've also got Mixon who's pretty good opposite Udeze at DE, and they've got Steve Martin, a starter at one point for them, as a backup. Their secondary should have a field day if that DLine lives up to its potential.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005   #18
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

It could be a good trade but we'd be screwed if Browns or Bucs took DJ. But I guess that if one of the 2 took DJ than maybe we could get a WR like BMW or Braylon Edwards. I don't know. It'd be risky but our D would be so much better if DJ did end up at 7.
Old 03-13-2005   #19
H-townTexan
Rookie

Default Man LISTen

Look the texans had a chance to make it to wild card 4 next year but ****** azz Capers isn't going to allow that cause of SHARPERS trade............................................. .................................................. . But we should ask for 7th pick and My boy Harris then we back in bussiness
H-townTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005   #20
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

No way do the Vikings give up their 7th pick for Sharper. At most, we can expect a 3rd round pick for Sharper.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read