Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 06-10-2010   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default UH unveils plan for new Football stadium and Hofheinz upgrade

Coogs will possibly play at Reliant for two years while construction is underway.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7046830.html

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: UH unveils plan for new Football stadium and Hofheinz upgrade

I wish this would be good enough to propel them into a better conference than the C-USA but alas, I think it's too late for that.

:cry:
Old 06-11-2010   #3
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 179 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

they'll have the sweetest stadiums in c-usa! or maybe the "new" big 12?
Old 06-11-2010   #4
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully UH holds off on mucking up any parking situations related to this project until after I get my masters
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010   #5
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear Rena Khator and UH administration,

Build some new parking lots before you destroy the ones around Robertson. Don't bungle this up again like you did with the new dorms.
Old 06-11-2010   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: UH unveils plan for new Football stadium and Hofheinz upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Dear Rena Khator and UH administration,

Build some new parking lots before you destroy the ones around Robertson. Don't bungle this up again like you did with the new dorms.
You mean destroying the business school/law school parking lot for un needed dorms, BEFORE a plan for dorm parking had been put into place?

And running headlines in the school paper like 'un-used parking spaces being wasted at TSU.'

Yeah, because as a commuter student I really want to park at a nearby college and shuttle over to the law school. It was such a joke. The powers that be's opinion was as long as there is a parking space SOME WHERE for each student on campus, the school is ok.

I said in on a lot of meetings about that, they just didn't care.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010   #7
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Hopefully UH holds off on mucking up any parking situations related to this project until after I get my masters
Agreed. I have a couple of years to go, so I don't think I'll be so lucky.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2010   #8
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
You mean destroying the business school/law school parking lot for un needed dorms, BEFORE a plan for dorm parking had been put into place?

And running headlines in the school paper like 'un-used parking spaces being wasted at TSU.'

Yeah, because as a commuter student I really want to park at a nearby college and shuttle over to the law school. It was such a joke. The powers that be's opinion was as long as there is a parking space SOME WHERE for each student on campus, the school is ok.

I said in on a lot of meetings about that, they just didn't care.
This is where Metro's light rail line comes in. Lets hope it finishes before the stadium opens. It'll improve mobility around UH and TSU greatly. There are actually two lines that will cross UH now that I think about it. That may be why they are a little lax on the parking situation.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
This is where Metro's light rail line comes in. Lets hope it finishes before the stadium opens. It'll improve mobility around UH and TSU greatly. There are actually two lines that will cross UH now that I think about it. That may be why they are a little lax on the parking situation.
If I am a commuter student - IE I may drive down to campus for one or two classes at a time, I surely don't want to have to park and wait on a train.

That's their problem, despite being a 'working man's' school and commuter campus, they're trying to act like they are not.

Just too darned unsafe to be a normal campus IMHO.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 06-11-2010   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Quote:
If I am a commuter student - IE I may drive down to campus for one or two classes at a time, I surely don't want to have to park and wait on a train.

That's their problem, despite being a 'working man's' school and commuter campus, they're trying to act like they are not.

FYI my SGA buddies tell me that when UH is finished with all the campus remodeling in 2020 with new parking garages and all that crap, we're gonna enjoy a net gain of +200 parking spaces
Old 06-12-2010   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you guys saying that you aren't feeling good about a new stadium + renovations to Hoffeinz? (Not like it'll actually happen)
Old 06-13-2010   #12
gg no re
iggnorent

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Are you guys saying that you aren't feeling good about a new stadium + renovations to Hoffeinz? (Not like it'll actually happen)
We aren't excited that it's the UH administration in charge of it.
Old 06-13-2010   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
As I am no longer a student there, I don't care how bad it messes up parking and traffic for student I'm all for a new stadium!!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 06-13-2010   #14
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm feeling good about it!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010   #15
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to see UH's facilities upgraded, but this plan is right out of a Steve Martin SNL skit: How to Have a Million Dollars and Not Pay Taxes.

We could call this plan, "How to Build/Renovate Outdated Athletic Facilities for $160 Million". It's steps are:
First, get $160 million.
Second, start building things to look like these pretty drawings.

The money part is going to be far, far easier said than done. Hopefully, they'll come through, but this is not going to be the easiest time to raise money.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I come to Spain 3 weeks ago, all of last week had little access to the internet, I come back to Madrid where I now have access and see all this stuff that has happened in college football since I left.

So the Big 12 almost imploded and then it didn't? Nebraska and Colorado have left and ESPN is saying out of all of this Texas came out a winner? Maybe the school and the program fiscally but not the fans. I would rather see Texas in a conference with better teams. We are still stuck with Baylor, Iowa State, etc.

OK, so why I am I posting this in this thread? Because MAYBE this finally the thing that puts UH in the Big 12. I have been wanting that for years. So is there any talk of that now? Surely Houston can get in now and have a chance to become a national power again.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #17
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I see what you're saying. UH's plan is to become less of a commuter school though. I think it can happen, as it has been happening to UT-Arlington for a couple of years. UH is in a better position than they are.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I see what you're saying. UH's plan is to become less of a commuter school though. I think it can happen, as it has been happening to UT-Arlington for a couple of years. UH is in a better position than they are.
Then they would have to close the 5th ward. The UHPD updates are scary as Hell. violent daylight mugging, violent night mugging, violent sexual assualt, dead bum, all before Tuesday!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 06-22-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

TCU and UH - Big XII makes sense to me. Steal Arkansas from the SEC as their not really happy. I know that makes it 13, but surely we can invite another team...... *SIGH* I guess I'm just wanting to see a lot of the SWC teams back together... Silly me.....

*remembers*

Arkansas (1915-1991)
Baylor (1915-1996)
Houston (1971-1975 played but not eligible for football title, 1976-1996)
Oklahoma (1915-1919)
Oklahoma A&M (1915-1925) I believe that's now OSU.
Rice (1915-1917 provisional, 1918-1996)
Southern Methodist (1918-1996)
Texas (1915-1996)
Texas A&M (1915-1996)
TCU (1923-1996)
Texas Tech (1956-1957 played but not eligible for football title, 1958-1996)

Rice and SMU have some work to do do, but......... anything is possible.
Old 06-22-2010   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then they would have to close the 5th ward. The UHPD updates are scary as Hell. violent daylight mugging, violent night mugging, violent sexual assualt, dead bum, all before Tuesday!
It's not safe, but I LOVE the fitness center.

From what I understand, the light rail will destroy the surrounding neighborhoods with higher taxes. I'll admit, it's a bit disturbing to drive around UH and see mansions in between horrible neighborhoods.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read