Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-10-2010   #1
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ryan Moats waived

McClain_on_NFL

Texans waived RB Ryan Moats today. Coach Gary Kubiak said last week a back would be cut before training camp.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Moats waived

Well, at least it gives him a good chance to find a job with another team. He didn't really have much of a shot here. I would not be surprised to see Henry cut at the end of camp.
Old 06-10-2010   #3
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Damn I really liked Moats, I wonder how Jermiah Johnson is looking.

Foster
Tate
Slaton
Johnson (PS?)
Old 06-10-2010   #4
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Youngest. RB. Corps. Ever.... and. CBs....
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

YES!....THANK GOD!

Seriously, I never ever understood what people saw in him. There are backs sitting on the waiver wire during every season that could give you what a Ryan Moats could give you. (which isn't much at all)

When you have a "Ryan Moats" on your roster it means you need ALOT of help and depth at the RB position. I'm glad to see him go, it means we're finally moving in the right direction.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Not surprised by Moats leaving early, I kind of expected it with Foster coming on like he has.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Damn I really liked Moats, I wonder how Jermiah Johnson is looking.

Foster
Tate
Slaton
Johnson (PS?)
My first thought was "wow they see more in Jeremiah Johnson than Ryan Moats." Not that I thought Moats was anything special but its still surprising to see that an undrafted guy missing his rookie season coming off of major surgery would beat out a guy who rushed for 100+ yards and 3 tds in a game the previous season.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-10-2010   #8
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

ughhhhhhh
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #9
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Steve Slaton
Ben Tate
Arian Foster
Jeremiah Johnson
Chris Henry
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought for sure that Henry would be cut before Moats. Interesting, I guess they like what they see in him thus far, and think they can get his athleticism to come through in game action.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I thought for sure that Henry would be cut before Moats. Interesting, I guess they like what they see in him thus far, and think they can get his athleticism to come through in game action.
Or maybe they'd rather roll with a unknown commodity than a guy who is a below average backup in today's NFL.

Moats was absolutely nothing special and has very, VERY little upside.

In the NFL, to be successful and have legit value, you either need to be big and physical, or have decent size and decent speed, with great vision, or be small and very fast.

Moats had none of those 3 makeups. Like I said last offseason.....If Moats is on this final roster, that's not good news for Texans' fans.
Old 06-10-2010   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Or maybe they'd rather roll with a unknown commodity than a guy who is a below average backup in today's NFL.

Moats was absolutely nothing special and has very, VERY little upside.

In the NFL, to be successful and have legit value, you either need to be big and physical, or have decent size and decent speed, with great vision, or be small and very fast.

Moats had none of those 3 makeups. Like I said last offseason.....If Moats is on this final roster, that's not good news for Texans' fans.
I think you are undervaluing Moats. He is a capable back-up, in my opinion. He averaged 3.9 yards per carry behind a very lackluster line. Sure he may not be very flashy, or have upside, but he can be plugged in and the offense wont crumble.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Sucks that he fumbled on the two yard line last year vs the colts : I
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I think you are undervaluing Moats. He is a capable back-up, in my opinion. He averaged 3.9 yards per carry behind a very lackluster line. Sure he may not be very flashy, or have upside, but he can be plugged in and the offense wont crumble.
LOL, that last sentence doesn't constitute a good backup in today's league.

Texan fans overvalued Moats......look around at other teams in this league and look at what they roll with for depth. We need to get to the point where a "Ryan Moats" has no place on this roster. (and hopefully we did this offseason)

Any capable back who won't fall on his face when handed the ball can come into this offense and it won't crumble. (that isn't saying much at all) WE HAVE THE BEST PASSING OFFENSE IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. Teams aren't exactly zeroing in on our running game.....I mean it's not like we're the Tenn Titans here. Last season our starter sucked balls and Moats had Chris Brown and a UDFA rookie to compete with. Guess what..he still couldn't take advantage, because he isn't nearly as good or valuable as some people on this site thought/think he was.

Oh well, now he's off the roster and we can give a young guy a chance (which I'm really excited about).....young guys who haven't had a shot yet, atleast bring something new to the table and have more upside.
Old 06-10-2010   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

The surprise for me here is that they kept Henry over Moats. I wonder just what they see in ol Chris Henry.
Old 06-10-2010   #16
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

His huge game against Buffalo and the splash it made in fantasy leagues is the real reason this is being discussed. I personally thought Johnson would be waived, but this doesn't surprise me either.

A friend of mine bartended in the LSU area years ago and said that Moats is the nicest guy in the world. Too bad he couldn't make the cut.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The surprise for me here is that they kept Henry over Moats. I wonder just what they see in ol Chris Henry.
As I mentioned before, I think they cut Moats this early so he could find another team. Henry is camp fodder and will be cut at the end of camp. JJ probably goes to the PS.
Old 06-10-2010   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
His huge game against Buffalo and the splash it made in fantasy leagues is the real reason this is being discussed. I personally thought Johnson would be waived, but this doesn't surprise me either.

A friend of mine bartended in the LSU area years ago and said that Moats is the nicest guy in the world. Too bad he couldn't make the cut.
Just a question here.....but "WHO" didn't run wild on the Bills last season? They were god awful last season.

Don't get me wrong...I have nothing personal against Moats and everything I've read about the dude said he was a GREAT GUY and I really felt for him when he ran into that moron cop up in Dallas, but being a great class act has little to do with securing a roster spot on a good team (which hopefully is what we'll be next season)
Old 06-10-2010   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Maybe JJ will have a good camp and make the choice a hard one.
Old 06-10-2010   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

like others, im surprised they sent him packing before Johnson & especially henry. im guessing they're looking further down the road (probably only keeping foster, slaton & tate on the 53) and practice squad eligibility factored into the decision.

moats shouldnt be that big a loss but he helped us win the bills game last year so thanks for that
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read