Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-10-2010   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Studdard and Casey suffer injuries

Studdard hurt his knee earlier in the week and he got a knee scope so he's going to sit out for a few weeks!

This means Caldwell, Smith and Biscuit Brisiel will all get increased reps! Actually, I figure Brisiel will sit out minicamp but it's good news for Wade Smith and Caldwell.

Woohoo!

in other news,

We're down to just 1 TE.

Casey hurt his groin today. How we went from 9 TE's (you gotta count Barwin and Earl Mitchell too!) to just 1 is very impressive. He's out for a few weeks.

Quote:
Kasey (Studdard) had his knee scoped this morning. He got nicked when we went into the bubble the other day, actually did it on the first play and practiced the whole practice, and came in the next morning with swelling. But we're fortunate he had a scope; should be about two to three weeks. So he's doing good. (TE)James (Casey) pulled a groin he's going to be a few weeks. If there was ever any good time I guess it's good so we can get him healthy now. He will not be out here next week."
www.houstontexans.com
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #2
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sometimes injuries are positive!

*sigh*

Is it bad i was hoping it was Myers? Just to get someone else in there?
Old 06-10-2010   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Woohoo? What's up with that? I'm not a huge fan of his play either, but you and your buddy take it a bit overboard, no? I mean, what's wrong with a intense competition during camp? Let the best 3 win! You'd rather your favorites to win via injury?
Old 06-10-2010   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

So will Shelly Smith see increased reps as well? I have hopes for the kid that he can push White or Studdard off the 53 man roster.

To be clear I'm not excited to see anyone get injured I hope my post didn't come off that way.

Last edited by Goldensilence; 06-10-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Woohoo? What's up with that? I'm not a huge fan of his play either, but you and your buddy take it a bit overboard, no? I mean, what's wrong with a intense competition during camp? Let the best 3 win! You'd rather your favorites to win via injury?
WOOOHOOO!

Sorry, but I can't contain myself. My biggest concern with Kubes are his occasional issues assessing certain players/positions... One of those is Studdard. I'll gladly have Studdard on this team as depth but whatever assurances I can have right now that Studdard won't be taking the field as one of the starting five in September definitely improves my state of mind and hopefulness for the season.
Old 06-10-2010   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
WOOOHOOO!

Sorry, but I can't contain myself. My biggest concern with Kubes are his occasional issues assessing certain players/positions... One of those is Studdard. I'll gladly have Studdard on this team as depth but whatever assurances I can have right now that Studdard won't be taking the field as one of the starting five in September definitely improves my state of mind and hopefulness for the season.
I do agree with rather having Studdard as depth, but I'd like to see him truly beat out with competition. The bigger the competition, the more it pushes those players involved.

Meh, it's a moot point anyway. Studdard will be back come training camp. So y'all woohooing might be a bit premature.
Old 06-10-2010   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I'll just say I disagree with being glad ANY player on your own team is injured.
Old 06-10-2010   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well I'll just say I disagree with being glad ANY player on your own team is injured.
Exactly my thought, not cool.
Old 06-10-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
^^^^^^

This!
Old 06-10-2010   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Bingo.
Old 06-10-2010   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
..........especially if the line takes a decimating hit by the time the season opens........or even by the time of or the during the time of TC. It should be elimination by competition only!

And Casey with a groin?..........where have we heard this type of good news in the past?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
..........especially if the line takes a decimating hit by the time the season opens........or even by the time of or the during the time of TC. It should be elimination by competition only!

And Casey with a groin?..........where have we heard this type of good news in the past?
Oh let us not go there, please.
Old 06-10-2010   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Cheering because a player on YOUR team got hurt is just straight pissing on the football gods. Thank you.

Will somebody please delete this thread...

And remember I called for that one thread to be deleted, where somebody said we made it through camp so healthy...it wasn't...and then we started a revolving door of players to the IR as soon as the season started...

First rule of being a Texans fan......You don't talk about the lack of injuries, during any point of a new season, which means you sure as hell don't cheer one of your own player's injuries, just because you don't like him. (Look, Casey is already hurt)

For the love of Andre's ACLs...please delete this thread.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is crappy and I am not going to post in-

Shit.

Well, either way I don't think Shelley Smith is going to push anybody off the 53, and right now I'm thinking that Studdard could lose his starter spot if he falls too far behind.
Old 06-10-2010   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously...why hasn't this thread been deleted yet? If you care about the health of our players, please delete this bad karma/jinx thread.
Old 06-10-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Seriously...why hasn't this thread been deleted yet? If you care about the health of our players, please delete this bad karma/jinx thread.
I will second the motion!
Old 06-10-2010   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I believe in news, so I won't delete, but will edit the title.
Old 06-10-2010   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I believe in news, so I won't delete, but will edit the title.
Okay Arlington....but the blood will be on your hands.
Old 06-10-2010   #19
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Studdard and Casey suffer injuries

dudes.... it's a freakin' scope. chill out.

somebody needs a nap!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Studdard and Casey suffer injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
dudes.... it's a freakin' scope. chill out.

somebody needs a nap!
When the Texans say a "scope" it can mean a totally different thing.

Remember all D.D. needed was a "scope".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read