Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2010   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gary Kubiak TD Club Speech

Here's the entirety of Coach Kubiak's Touchdown Club Luncheon Speech.

If you want to understand the what Kubiak's vision for the team is, please watch these videos:

Gary Kubiak says the "Super Bowl" words

From my introduction:
Quote:
Texans coach Gary Kubiak is usually pretty careful to talk about how winning the whole thing in the NFL is all about getting into the playoffs and giving yourself a chance at winning more.

In Wednesday's Touchdown Club of Houston luncheon, Gary Kubiak used the "Super Bowl" words. I've seen all sorts of public speeches he's given, and that's the most that he has ever referenced the Super Bowl.

But his speech is more than that. So as not to give you just my impression of the speech or a version that has what someone thinks is important, I give you the head coach of the Houston Texans unedited and in three parts.

If you are a fan, this is worth watching. He talks where the team has been, this year's rookies and what he thinks are the priorities of the team. Basically, it is the theme of this year's team.

Confidence. Physical play. Increased expectations. Super Bowl?
For thems who couldn't be there. Enjoy.
Old 06-09-2010   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gary Kubiak TD Club Speech

And he ****s on Holliday again. What is his deal?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
And he ****s on Holliday again. What is his deal?
No no no.

He is making a point that if he is going to activate him on game day, with limited roster spots, he needs to know that he has a guy who can also play wide receiver.

If he hated Holliday, he wouldn't mention this stuff. He only talks this sort of stuff to guys he wants to be able to keep.

I'm putting the Marciano video up once I edit it down--Coach Joe likes to talk. Coach Joe loves Holliday.
Old 06-09-2010   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
No no no.

He is making a point that if he is going to activate him on game day, with limited roster spots, he needs to know that he has a guy who can also play wide receiver.

If he hated Holliday, he wouldn't mention this stuff. He only talks this sort of stuff to guys he wants to be able to keep.

I'm putting the Marciano video up once I edit it down--Coach Joe likes to talk. Coach Joe loves Holliday.
Ah, ok, I mis-interpreted then. Great job, by the way. I always like reading your stuff.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Steph, that was terrific! And I challenge anyone to watch that and say that Gary has no public speaking skills. He had the audience in the palm of his hand from the first minute on.

He makes you feel pretty good about the team.
Old 06-09-2010   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No no no.

Why (Super Bowl)? Returner is important enough to be a stand alone position, if need be. Kubiak has no problem (Super Bowl) activating David Anderson for a few snaps per game, and he's useless on special teams. If injuries hit the WR position that hard (Super Bowl) in a game, Daniels or Casey could play the slot and play it well.

Otherwise, (Super Bowl) good speech. And I can't stop saying Super Bowl.
Old 06-10-2010   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's the entirety of Coach Kubiak's Touchdown Club Luncheon Speech.

If you want to understand the what Kubiak's vision for the team is, please watch these videos:

Gary Kubiak says the "Super Bowl" words

From my introduction:

For thems who couldn't be there. Enjoy.
Thanks, Steph!
Always!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-10-2010   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Thanks Steph, that was terrific! And I challenge anyone to watch that and say that Gary has no public speaking skills. He had the audience in the palm of his hand from the first minute on.

He makes you feel pretty good about the team.
Yours truly said it himself. He sees the needs of improving the core!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely awesome speech, thank you so much for linkin' us up
Old 06-10-2010   #10
Grforces
Veteran

Section: anywhere and everywhere
Rep Power: 66 Grforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Why (Super Bowl)? Returner is important enough to be a stand alone position, if need be. Kubiak has no problem (Super Bowl) activating David Anderson for a few snaps per game, and he's useless on special teams. If injuries hit the WR position that hard (Super Bowl) in a game, Daniels or Casey could play the slot and play it well.

Otherwise, (Super Bowl) good speech. And I can't stop saying Super Bowl.
At risk of sounding dumb, You really think Daniels or Casey could play slot and be good at it? Have we ever lined them up in slot? Do any teams line their tight ends in the slot?
Grforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grforces View Post
At risk of sounding dumb, You really think Daniels or Casey could play slot and be good at it? Have we ever lined them up in slot? Do any teams line their tight ends in the slot?
Dallas Clark or Jason Whitten do it quite frequently. I'm sure those guys could handle it, given their abilities as route runners/pass catchers.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Thanks TexansChick, that was a great speech. It shows Kubiak knows exactly what our issues are/were, and I believe he has a handle on it.

I think the "Public speech issues" are all about Gary not saying what we want him to say after the games, and him saying the same things after games, "It's on me" "we weren't very good there" etc... Some of our fans wants him to do a Denny Greene or a Mike Singletary some times.

Personally, I like how he doesn't use the media to "talk" to his players. Shows class IMHO.
Old 06-10-2010   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grforces View Post
Dallas Clark is basically a slot receiver half the time. The mold of TE that's a bit lighter with great hands and good speed poses matchup nightmares. OD could definitely do it, and I'd be willing to bet Casey could as well.
Old 06-10-2010   #14
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

What is it with this hollow hype about the Super Bowl ? For Christ-sakes coach, win some games in your own divivison (unlike going 1-5 last year !), and get us into the playoffs once, just one time, then trash-talk SB if you want. In the meantime get real, and focus on your division oppponents like the season-opener in Reliant.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Dallas Clark is basically a slot receiver half the time. The mold of TE that's a bit lighter with great hands and good speed poses matchup nightmares. OD could definitely do it, and I'd be willing to bet Casey could as well.
I like Kubiak. But I wonder why we don't come out with more two tight-end sets, where the opposing D has to play their standard sets. Then move OD out to the slot. That will take one of the front seven out of the box, which should help us run the ball.
Old 06-10-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
What is it with this hollow hype about the Super Bowl ? For Christ-sakes coach, win some games in your own divivison (unlike going 1-5 last year !), and get us into the playoffs once, just one time, then trash-talk SB if you want. In the meantime get real, and focus on your division oppponents like the season-opener in Reliant.
Did you watch the speech? Did you read the transcript? He addressed those issues.
Old 06-10-2010   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for sharing TC!

I would recommend folks not only watch, but listen, to the videos before putting finger to keyboard when contributing to this thread.
Old 06-10-2010   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
What did Arizona have on it's resume before they appeared in the Super Bowl?

yeah... NOTHING.

We are either playing well, or we're not. We've got a very good chance of getting to the play-offs in 2010. If we get in, we've got a very good chance of getting to the Super Bowl. If we get to the Super Bowl, we've got a very good shot at winning it all.

Besides, I'd rather my coach talk Super Bowl, instead of hyping up the opening game.
Old 06-10-2010   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You didn't even bother to watch the video... That's clear. He hyper-focused on precisely that: winning divisional games and getting to the playoffs. Specifically, he talked about how the first game of the season represents the three areas the team needs to improve on in order to reach their ultimate goal.

I really don't understand fans like you. There is 23 minutes of video of your head coach giving a speech about the 2010 football season and all you have to do is click. Instead, you are uninspired to listen to him but inspired to type a cynical criticism of the coach/team on a message board about the video that you didn't bother to watch.

Am I crazy or is that odd to other people as well?
Old 06-10-2010   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
What is it with this hollow hype about the Super Bowl ?
Did you listen to the actual clip? He didn't predict SB, he said the players have changed their break chant to SB.

Quote:
For Christ-sakes coach, win some games in your own divivison (unlike going 1-5 last year !), and get us into the playoffs once, just one time, then trash-talk SB if you want. In the meantime get real, and focus on your division oppponents like the season-opener in Reliant.
Didn't he say all that?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read