Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2010   #1
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Earl Mitchell signed

McClain_on_NFL

Texans have reached contract agreement with DT Earl Mitchell, their third-round pick.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Earl Mitchell signed

3 down with 6 more to go.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 59406 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
3 down with 6 more to go.
Old 06-09-2010   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Draft picks signed. Holliday, McMannis and now Mitchell have signed. Jackson, Tate, Sharpton, Graham, Smith and Dickerson to go.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 59406 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Draft picks signed. Holliday, McMannis and now Mitchell have signed. Jackson, Tate, Sharpton, Graham, Smith and Dickerson to go.
Yeah, I was suffering from brain freeze...
Old 06-09-2010   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this guy is going to be a force to be reckoned with.
Old 06-09-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Texans signed third-round pick Earl Mitchell to a 4-year, $3,423,500 million deal.
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
Old 06-09-2010   #8
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 101731 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news. I just have a feeling this kid will surprise some folks.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

his family is very excited, wish all the best to Earl. I think he's going to be terrific, a real hometown hero
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

From Kubiak's speech at the Touchdown Club:

[QUOTEOn Mitchell: Our third guy, I think, is going to be a big surprise. I tell you, I think hes going to steal some guys lunch money up front. They better play hard and they better do a good job, or hes going to run some of them off. This kid plays extremely hard. Hes not real big, but hes all about effort, and Ive been really impressed with what hes done and I think youre going to see this kind contribute a lot. ][/quote]

http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/in...p?post_id=1198

Wow, really great to hear this out of Kubiak.
Old 06-09-2010   #11
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
From Kubiak's speech at the Touchdown Club:

[QUOTEOn Mitchell: Our third guy, I think, is going to be a big surprise. I tell you, I think hes going to steal some guys lunch money up front. They better play hard and they better do a good job, or hes going to run some of them off. This kid plays extremely hard. Hes not real big, but hes all about effort, and Ive been really impressed with what hes done and I think youre going to see this kind contribute a lot. ]

Wow, really great to hear this out of Kubiak.[/quote]

Sounds like he saw what happened with Okam and decided to just go with the polar opposite this time around. Glad to see he's learning from his mistakes.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post

Wow, really great to hear this out of Kubiak.

Sounds like he saw what happened with Okam and decided to just go with the polar opposite this time around. Glad to see he's learning from his mistakes.
Yep. But I think that is really Kollar's call, with the OK from Bush and Kubiak.

Last edited by JB; 06-10-2010 at 07:26 AM.
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #13
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what I'm seeing in this thread.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to nitpick but I really thought Tate would have signed by now. I'm not concerned just referring to his excitement to begin.
Old 06-10-2010   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 368131 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Not to nitpick but I really thought Tate would have signed by now. I'm not concerned just referring to his excitement to begin.
Why would you expect that? The 1st and 2nd rounders typically sign within a week or so of the start of training camp. Getting the 3rd signed this early seems odd to me.
Old 06-10-2010   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Why would you expect that? The 1st and 2nd rounders typically sign within a week or so of the start of training camp. Getting the 3rd signed this early seems odd to me.
Isn't Mitchell local? Could he possibly be a homegrown Texans fan?
Old 06-11-2010   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Isn't Mitchell local? Could he possibly be a homegrown Texans fan?
that + Kubiak & Co. really like what they see during OTA's
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm beginning to have high hopes for The Mitch. I just hope they don't end up biting me in the butt. I'm definitely going to be keeping a sharp eye on him throughout camp and pre-season. Gotta love watchin the big nasties bangin in the trenches!
Old 06-11-2010   #19
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Getting any of the players signed this early is a rarity.

Rookie Signing Dates

2010 Season
(1) Kareem Jackson
(2) Ben Tate
June 9 (3) Earl Mitchell
June 11 (4a) Darryl Sharpton
(4b) Garrett Graham
May 27 (5) Sherrick McManis
(6a) Shelly Smith
May 14 (6b) Trenton Holliday
(7) Dorin Dickerson

2009 Season
July 31 First Practice Day
Aug 1 (1) Brian Cushing
July 31 (2) Connor Barwin
July 24 (3) Antoine Caldwell
July 24 (5) James Casey
July 17 (4a) Glover Quinn
June 17, (4b) Anthony Hill
June 11, (7) Troy Nolan
June 8 (6) Brice McCain

2008 Season
July 25 First Practice Day
July 25 (1)Duane Brown
July 21 (3)Antwaun Molden
July 21 (3)Steve Slaton
July 21 (5)Frank Okam
July 16 (4)Xavier Adibi
June 26 (7)Alex Brink
June 19 (6)Dominique Barber

2007 Season
July 27 First Practice Day
July 27 (1)Amobi Okoye
July 26 (4)Fred Bennett
July 26 (5)Brandon Frye
July 24 (3)Jacoby Jones
July 23 (5)Brandon Harrison
July 23 (6)Kasey Studdard
July 19 (7)Zac Diles

2006 Season
July 28 First Practice Day
July 23 (3)Charles Spencer
July 23 (3)Eric Winston
July 13 (6)Wali Lundy
July 13 (7)David Anderson
July 12 (4)Owen Daniels
July 07 (2)DeMeco Ryans
April 28 (1)Mario Williams
painekiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Could be interpretted different ways........
From Frank Okam's Twitter page:

Quote:
I think I could do big things here... Just need an opportunity. I know I have the total package
about 11 hours ago via UberTwitter
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read