Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-06-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fanblog:Three Thoughts: On Avoiding the Dreaded Slow Start in 2010

Quote:
WHAT'S UP, Texans Fans?!!

Yes, it's none other than me, BigRon, posing once again as your friendly neighborhood FanBlog 'backup QB'. Crimedog has been outfitting his new digs with a string of great entries on OTAs, and we figured he could punch pause for a few and let his official FanBlog Wingman drop in for my first -err, uhh... latest visit.

As James has mentioned, we wanted to add a few different items to the FanBlog, and I had an idea for a new set of entries to jump in with. To be succinct and keep me from ramblin' on as I'm wont to do on here, I decided to keep it to just 'Three Thoughts' all focused on one main idea. If this first entry is cool with our readers, then I plan to make it a regular guest spot with my thoughts on the issues facing the hometown squad throughout the season. Also, in keeping it to three, there'll be plenty left on each topic for readers to add on as they see fit or to pick one thought and get your rant on if that's what you do. Now, of course, I'll bring more than just three thoughts, but I think you'll get my drift as you read and see where I'm goin' with this. In this instance, I've got three thoughts on how the Texans must avoid staggering out of the gate for the 2010 season.
http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans...iding_the.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fanblog:Three Thoughts: On Avoiding the Dreaded Slow Start in 2010

Thanks for the heads up, Wolf. Nice beginning for Big Ron.

I would want to possibly add a #4 to his list..................WORK ON HAVING THE STARTING LINEUP WELL-DETERMINED BY THE 1ST GAME OF THE REGULAR SEASON. Seems like we are always playing musical chairs with the line ups during the beginning months of each season...........not a good thing for chemistry or consistency. It will already be that much more difficult having to deal with the Cushing affair.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Thanks for the heads up, Wolf. Nice beginning for Big Ron.

I would want to possibly add a #4 to his list..................WORK ON HAVING THE STARTING LINEUP WELL-DETERMINED BY THE 1ST GAME OF THE REGULAR SEASON. Seems like we are always playing musical chairs with the line ups during the beginning months of each season...........not a good thing for chemistry or consistency. It will already be that much more difficult having to deal with the Cushing affair.
very true CnD , one would think with 4 preseason games and all off training camp the coaches would know by then
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Gary Kubiak has a sense of urgency in his coaching tool belt.

That's the problem. He's been slow-and-steady, and that's one half the fault of having a completely EPIC FAIL of four years under Capers and th eother half is that I think it's just Kubiak's style/persona to be the tortoise and not the hare.

On one hand that's been nice. He's slowly built a competent team in terms of both sides of the ball making improvements over the previous coaching regime. There's a competence with the team that Capers couldn't develop, which to Caper's credit must have been hard to do with an expansion team.

HOWEVER...I think the team's psyche overall is a sort of "Oh well, there's always next season! We're building, and Rome wasn't built in a day." There seems to be a fear of success. I liken it to the person who has only known failure and dysfunction his whole life. He ends up sabotaging any potential success headed his way because he doesn't even know how to handle success if it were to swoop down and perch itself on his shoulder.

Brian Cushing brought a much-needed attitude to this team. Pollard, too. Those two guys are my favorite players now, simply because they play as if their life might end upon the final whistle of each game. There's a true sense of urgency with those two guys.

I don't think Gary gets this team to the top of the mountain. I have a bad feeling about this season, though this team is capable of proving me wrong. I just think someone else is going to take his place and end up making this team seriously scary-good with what Kubiak has built here already.
Old 06-07-2010   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 125714 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

WIll Kubes "go for broke" this year? I expect to see more risk taken and more dynamic play calling. Gary convinced McNair that the roster and game plan philosophy will get er done. Positionally, the draft seemed to take care of two glaring needs in corner and RB and the rest should strengthen the team. To avoid a slow start, running backs need to hold onto the ball, defense needs to continue to control the run, Kareem Jackson needs to avoid whiplash and Kubiak needs to go for broke.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read