Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-04-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Amobi Okoye Says His Dedication Has Dipped Down Since His Rookie Seaon

Interesting piece on Amobi's dedicaton to football and the Texans.
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0610/741850.html
Old 06-04-2010   #2
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Amobi Okoye Says His Dedication Has Dipped Down Since His Rookie Seaon

Hey Gar, maybe he's feeling the heat of that big third-round rook breathing down his neck ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Amobi Okoye Says His Dedication Has Dipped Down Since His Rookie Seaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Hey Gar, maybe he's feeling the heat of that big third-round rook breathing down his neck ?
Maybe so. I hope you liked the read.
Old 06-04-2010   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Amobi Okoye Says His Dedication Has Dipped Down Since His Rookie Season

Gee Amobi, ya think so? Welcome to 2008 buddy.
Old 06-04-2010   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Amobi Okoye Says His Dedication Has Dipped Down Since His Rookie Season

Gee Amobi, ya think so? Welcome to 2008 buddy.
Ditto.
Old 06-04-2010   #6
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, that's not exactly what he said. He said his dedication dipped down after his rookie season. As in, the offseason before his 2nd season. And then he realized it wasn't so easy. It wasn't really a statement about his current dedication. From what he says now, if he is telling the truth, it seems like his dedication is back up.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Let's hope so and I'll try to exact next time.
Sponsored links
Old 06-04-2010   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

As you read this propaganda-like piece (on the part of Okoye and Kubiak), keep the following in mind:

Quote:
7/26/2007: Signed a six-year, $15.4 million contract. The deal contains $12.785 million guaranteed. Another $2.3 million is available through incentives, including a fifth-year escalator of $2.2 million. 2009: $630,000, 2010: $765,000, 2011: $850,000, 2012: $665,000 (Voidable Year), 2013: Free Agent
LINK
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
As you read this propaganda-like piece (on the part of Okoye and Kubiak), keep the following in mind:

LINK
That's an awfully cheap starting DT.
Old 06-04-2010   #10
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Interesting piece on Amobi's dedicaton to football and the Texans.
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0610/741850.html
Wow, talk about saying things out of context. Good thing I didnt fly off half cocked and didnt read the article. Gary, you should write for ESPN with headlines like that.
Old 06-04-2010   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Wow, talk about saying things out of context. Good thing I didnt fly off half cocked and didnt read the article. Gary, you should write for ESPN with headlines like that.
In fairness to Gary..THE POSTER... this was discussed on 1560 a week or so ago and Amobi did admit to his dedication dipping. Kubiak also admitted that he didn't know this until Amobi admitted it. He was confronted with it. He did say

Quote:
"At the start of last year I got back into who I am and the way I like to play," he said. "I lost the love a little bit my (second) year, I wouldn't even lie, but all that is back

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 06-04-2010 at 10:19 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
In fairness to Gary this was discussed on 1560 a week or so ago and Amobi did admit to his dedication dipping. Kubiak also admitted that he didn't know this until Amobi admitted it. He was confronted with it. He did say
its disturbing Gary had no idea

now that he is confronted, what's he going to do about it
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
its disturbing Gary had no idea

now that he is confronted, what's he going to do about it
In his defense, he was an extremely busy young man under tremendous pressure to succeed. It is not a big deal for him to overlook this minor situation when faced with the enormous distractions such as the "Pay Me Rick" scandal and trying to deal the with the suckitude of Travis Johnson clouded the issue.

Now that Gary has escaped from HS, I fully expect he will be more cognizant of the happenings of his football team. I also expect his coaches in the booth to be more experienced and help him with better decision making in regards to challenges the team will face.

Old 06-04-2010   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That's an awfully cheap starting DT.
You get what you pay for...

He's serviceable, but not great. The Texans only need 1 great DT, the other can be ho-hum.
Old 06-04-2010   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Since he got his rookie signing bonus.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #16
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

At the start of last year I got back into who I am and the way I like to play," he said. "I lost the love a little bit my (second) year, I wouldn't even lie, but all that is back. I'm back to having fun and playing good and just back to enjoying it." -------translation......"I got that big signing bonus and after that I got lazy and didn't care because I already got paid.....now that I might be a backup or traded or worse...CUT!.....My mom and dad told me that I better get up off my lazy azz because they weren't going to support my lazy azz".... Come on Earl Mitchell...push him out the door so he can go to medical school...pleasseeeee! haha
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I hope you liked the read.
Indeed I did ! Thanks for making it available to us.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #18
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Travis Johnson v.2

I remember seeing the same kind of offseason articles about him too.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Travis Johnson v.2

I remember seeing the same kind of offseason articles about him too.
I wonder how many remember how Johnson gave and was always given excuse after excuse by the coaching staff for his poor play, and was hung onto until the Chronicle ran the article relating that Johnson was stunned by his trade........he didn't see it coming. When poorly performing players are extended and extended (and there are many examples of this in Texans history, earlier and later years), you have to begin questioning somebody's decision making.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some of y'all are being a little too harsh. Maybe Okoye is finally growing up. I know people don't like hearing it, but he was a kid when we drafted him.....maybe he's finally maturing. (mentally) This season is going to be his last chance here, so I'm going to give him that chance and restrain from bashing the guy until I see how he plays this season. He did play better last season under Kollar, let's see how he does in year 2 under Kollar.

P.S.

I can't ever call someone who managed to graduate from college by the age of 19 a "lazy ass". The difference from Johnson and Okoye is Travis came off as just a disinterested lazy slug on and off the field....Okoye looked like a kid who was beat down and discouraged by his early struggles on the field, but has never been "lazy" off of it. He actually does alot outside of football.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read