Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-11-2005   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eddie George back to the Titans?

Titans | George Could Return in 2005 - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:18:07 -0800

Updating a previous report, Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans are exploring the idea of re-signing RB Eddie George (Cowboys), who spent last season with the Dallas Cowboys and is currently an unrestricted free agent. ''I am not ready to put a percentage on it right now, but there is a chance,'' head coach Jeff Fisher said. ''I always thought Eddie should finish his career here, but there are a lot of things we have to work through.'' More importantly, George is open to returning to Tennessee. ''I definitely have an interest in coming back. I never had any ill feelings toward the organization,'' George said. George was released by the team last summer.
Old 03-11-2005   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Just wonder if he's gonna get that 2+ season and $2.5 mil per that he wanted before he left.
Quote:
George is under contract with the Titans through 2006 and was scheduled to make $4.25 million this season. Facing major salary cap problems, however, the Titans offered $1.5 million (plus some incentives) or release.

George and his agents had pursued a deal closer to $2.5 million, plus a commitment beyond one season.

Saying he hoped to retire a Titan, George was optimistic he and the team could find common ground. But he was less enthusiastic after a meeting last week with Titans General Manager Floyd Reese. Talks between Reese and George's agents went nowhere again yesterday.

"I think we've tried to do everything we could, give as much as I could to where I could feel comfortable here in Tennessee and we are just too far apart," George said earlier today in an interview on ESPN Radio's Dan Patrick Show. "My goal was to finish where I started, and the way it looks now, unfortunately I won't be able to do that."
USA Today, July 2004
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Eddie will make the Titans even worse, please sign him up! :woot

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #4
jhawktx
Rookie

I hope Eddie goes back to the Titans and they give him 400 carries in 2005. Let's see, that will add about 600 yards to his career rushing yardage total. Sweet!
jhawktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #5
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

This will really piss off my 20yr old Cowbell loving son. He just got a George jersey for Christmas.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read