Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-03-2010   #1
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ron Dayne robbed

http://www.ajc.com/sports/ron-daynes...wl-540396.html
Quote:
WAUNAKEE, Wis. — Heisman Trophy winner Ron Dayne says his Rose Bowl rings, a bracelet commemorating his selection as the top player in college football and other items worth more than $140,000 have been stolen.

The former University of Wisconsin and NFL running back said Wednesday that his two bowl rings and other jewelry were stolen from his home in a Madison, Wis., suburb in April. Last weekend, an apartment in Madison where Dayne lived with a roommate was also burglarized, costing him the bracelet.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ron Dayne robbed

Sure, he pawned them off for food.

Seriously, as much as I've bagged on the guy I feel for him. Thieves suck!
Old 06-03-2010   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought when I saw the subject was..."someone stole his donuts?"

On another note, I agree with Hou-Tex...thieves suck and that sucks for him.
Old 06-03-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I heard or read that this was the second time in nearly as many months that he's been robbed.
****ing thieves!!
Old 06-03-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet Charles Spencer is chuckling at this news.

That sucks. I hope they catch the thief/thieves. Having your home burglarized is a chilling feeling. Somebody was rummaging through his belongings. Horrible feeling. Ugh.
Old 06-03-2010   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone gets robbed and it's prime time for fat jokes? Classy.

Scary situation as it looks like he's being targeted.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

How could this happen? He was in an apartment. Things like that never happen in an apartment. Nor in a college dorm room. Shocking.

I say the roomie was in on the heist. It's just like in college. Who the hell else knows what you have in your room? Your freaking ROOMIE. That's who.

Nobody wants to say it. Nobody wants to say they think it. But 9 times out of 10 you got robbed because someone sees what you have. Plain and simple. They also know your schedule. It's not rocket science.

Throw in the fact that most sports fans know who Ron Dayne is, and that he lived in an apartment, and it's just so easy. A few months go by, the roomie decides he wants to go live elsewhere, and suddenly he's in a nicer place and driving a little bit nicer vehicle. It's magic, I tell ya'!
Old 06-03-2010   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Someone gets robbed and it's prime time for fat jokes? Classy.
Scary situation as it looks like he's being targeted.
Not fat jokes, just putting together how this board works and what the jokes have been in the past..thus my comment. You never know until you open the thread. Everyone has agreed that it is a horrible ordeal to go through.
Old 06-03-2010   #9
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 55784 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
How could this happen? He was in an apartment. Things like that never happen in an apartment. Nor in a college dorm room. Shocking.

I say the roomie was in on the heist. It's just like in college. Who the hell else knows what you have in your room? Your freaking ROOMIE. That's who.

Nobody wants to say it. Nobody wants to say they think it. But 9 times out of 10 you got robbed because someone sees what you have. Plain and simple. They also know your schedule. It's not rocket science.

Throw in the fact that most sports fans know who Ron Dayne is, and that he lived in an apartment, and it's just so easy. A few months go by, the roomie decides he wants to go live elsewhere, and suddenly he's in a nicer place and driving a little bit nicer vehicle. It's magic, I tell ya'!
YUP! I fight with my wife all the time cause she wants to open curtains and blinds wide open and expose the world to what we have inside the house. I tell her time and time again that I do not want folks on the outside to see what we have inside, that is just asking to get robbed. I need to put up solar screens if she wants to do so, but that blocks the sun a little so defeats the purpose...

Sucks for the Dayne Train but those are possessions I would have kept in a safety deposit box or in a safe....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Funny you mentioned this, as I just sent the wife an email about a garage sale she's doing at my house tomorrow. As some already know, I've got a boatload of tools and equipment from my automotive life and several other types of expensive stuff. I informed her that my garage doors are to remain shut the entire time, no matter what.
Old 06-03-2010   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Not fat jokes, just putting together how this board works and what the jokes have been in the past..thus my comment. You never know until you open the thread. Everyone has agreed that it is a horrible ordeal to go through.
Well as long as everyone agrees this is pretty bad news then fire away!! I gotta tell ya, for someone who loves to give fat people hell about being fat...super-including Ron Dayne...I think it's pretty low to insert one of those comments here. We could all be so lucky to have a thief make off with some prized possessions only to have him throw in a fat joke right before he left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I need to put up solar screens if she wants to do so, but that blocks the sun a little so defeats the purpose...
Those=Awesome. Screw the sun.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Especially in this part of the country.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Well as long as everyone agrees this is pretty bad news then fire away!! I gotta tell ya, for someone who loves to give fat people hell about being fat...super-including Ron Dayne...I think it's pretty low to insert one of those comments here. We could all be so lucky to have a thief make off with some prized possessions only to have him throw in a fat joke right before he left.

Again, the comment was made about what people thought when they saw the thread before opening, not about him being fat and robbed. It's not like I made a joke about the robber outrunning him or something. Lighten up.

Again, it is a crappy situation and I'm glad me, my wife and 2 kids have an alarm right now.
Old 06-03-2010   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Funny you mentioned this, as I just sent the wife an email about a garage sale she's doing at my house tomorrow. As some already know, I've got a boatload of tools and equipment from my automotive life and several other types of expensive stuff. I informed her that my garage doors are to remain shut the entire time, no matter what.
Posting that on a message board kinda invalidates your telling the wife to keep the garage door shut.

Your garage sounds amazing. I bet you had a lot of fun times in there.
Old 06-03-2010   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
???

What's with the bleedin' heart? Golly, that's not you, TK.

Old 06-03-2010   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Posting that on a message board kinda invalidates your telling the wife to keep the garage door shut.

Your garage sounds amazing. I bet you had a lot of fun times in there.
Well, it's not like I posted my address 601 Oak Leaf or anything.

Oh, many a projects have been done in my garage. A lot of blood and sweat too. I'm in the process of paneling the interior of it now. Next will be finishing the floor.
Old 06-03-2010   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This couldn't be more true GP. I had my house broken in two twice actually when I was in HS and early college. I found out who it was the first time and pretty much knew the 2nd time, but couldn't prove it but I pretty much knew. 9 times out of 10 it's "always" someone you know when you're house is broken into. Most of the time though, people don't want to believe that their friends would do that to them, but people usually break into a place when there is something in there that they want.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

And this is just another major problem that continues to get worse and worse all over this country from the poor economy, to the illegals scattered all over the place, and from the liberals who don't want to punish criminals for their actions. The law makers need to do something at some point, because I'm so sick to death of talking to someone every single day about their car or house getting broken into.

SOLVE THE PROBLEM BY DEPORTING THIEVES OUT OF THIS COUNTRY!

Yeah, that may sound extreme and maybe it is, but I'm tired of thinking jail is the answer to ending robbers and burglars yearning to steal from hard working people. People typically don't even get a lot of time for theft unless it's with a deadly weapon and even then it's never for that long unless their criminal record is miles long.

I say after two felonies involving theft kick them out of the country for at least two years and if they're caught back in the country before being reinstated, then give them an automatic 5 years in prison. Let them go to some other country and steal over there. And when people can no longer live here because they're deported they'll quickly find out how hard it is to go live in another country and they'll most likely go to jail over there as well. Problem solved in my opinion though. Le them rot in some other country's jails, or live in some other country and they can steal over there. I'm sick to death of so many thieves being all over this country and the law makers not doing a damn thing about it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010   #19
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, to be fair, his house and apartment were robbed. He also obviously just went through a divorce. You'd be remiss to suspect only the roommate when there's also at least one other obvious suspect.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010   #20
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Excuse my suspicious nature, but it might be insurance fraud.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read