Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-02-2010   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Zac Diles

I thought it was interesting that kubiak said this about diles today since he rarely talks up guys and when he does hes usually right (schaub, daniels, pitts, mario the yr he broke out)

Quote:
(on LB Zac Diles) "Zac's at that point right in that career where he's been a starter and a chance to step up that ladder. As I told y'all, the reason we're not moving him, at least not at this point unless we feel like we have to, is because I think he's on the verge of becoming of a Pro Bowl Will linebacker
since quite a few were talking about drafting his replacement for WLB in the draft.

im biased since im a pretty big diles fan but the guy just seems to make nice plays despite not being on the field as much as cushing and demeco and i cant remember him making many mistakes. and i was very impressed with the way he won the job last yr- just off a broken leg & it looked like adibi (another guy i like btw) was pencilled in as the starter when zac was moved to SLB when cush got injured in TC last yr
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zac Diles

Has any team ever had all their LB's be pro-bowlers?
Old 06-02-2010   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I sure can't think of anyone.

Zac Diles is the man though, he's been one of my favorite Texans for a while now. Definitely the most underrated guy on the team.
Old 06-02-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Saints or Giants maybe?
Old 06-02-2010   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

denver had 3 good lb'ers a few yrs back= al wilson, dj williams & gold. not sure if theyre al probowlers though
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Steelers in 1975 (Ham, Lambert, Russell)

The Giants had 3 LBs go in 1987 (LT, Carl Banks, Carson) but they ran a 3-4

Ditto the Saints, in 1991 (Swilling, Mills, Vaughn Johnson)

That's all I can think of.
Old 06-02-2010   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Zac Diles would have to play like a revelation in order to overcome the bias of playing alongside 2 pro bowlers.

EDIT: If Diles Cushing Ryans and Mario all made the pro bowl and we still didn't make the playoffs I'd give up.

Last edited by b0ng; 06-02-2010 at 11:37 PM.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2010   #8
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think your 3rd LB can get enough snaps to put up Pro Bowl numbers in today's pass happy league with all the spread offenses.

I think he's almost as good as L.Briggs though, so just because he has almost no chance of going doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Thanks. I thought I remembered the Saints and Giants sending a bunch. Completely forgot about the Steelers..
but I never liked them sunsabytches anyways!

rep if I could.
Old 06-02-2010   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Completely forgot about the Steelers..
but I never liked them sunsabytches anyways!
I hear ya. But the Oilers-Steelers confrontations in the late 70's were epic. For me, football was never so pure as Earl Campbell (and his physical o-line) knocking helmets with the Steel Curtain. That made me love the NFL and I don't think it will ever get better than that.

Edit: BTW, with Cushing not eligible for the Pro Bowl, 3 Texan LBs going is pretty much out of the question.
Old 06-02-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
I hear ya. But the Oilers-Steelers confrontations in the late 70's were epic. For me, football was never so pure as Earl Campbell (and his physical o-line) knocking helmets with the Steel Curtain. That made me love the NFL and I don't think it will ever get better than that.

Edit: BTW, with Cushing not eligible for the Pro Bowl, 3 Texan LBs going is pretty much out of the question.
Amen bro!
Old 06-02-2010   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Add the 1990 Bills............Shane Conlan, Cornelius Bennett, Darryl Talley
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #13
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Add the 1990 Bills............Shane Conlan, Cornelius Bennett, Darryl Talley
Ah, yes. I hated those guys.

Also the Ravens in 2003 (Thomas, Lewis, Boulware). Then again in 2006 (Thomas, Lewis, Scott).
Old 06-02-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Ah, yes. I hated those guys.

Also the Ravens in 2003 (Thomas, Lewis, Boulware). Then again in 2006 (Thomas, Lewis, Scott).
Man, did I ever!

Actually liked Bennett, but could not stomach Talley.
Old 06-03-2010   #15
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a huge fan of Diles. Completely agree that he's the most underrated player on the team (along with Leach). A lot of people were talking about trading him, getting rid of him, or drafting WLB as a need position earlier in the off season, and I was offended and hurt by that!

I loved Diles play last year and although I don't think he is going to make the pro bowl, I'm thrilled to have him on the team and think he is part of the solution on defense, not part of the problem. I do like Adibi as well.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #16
Pocky
Rookie

All the Diles haters can suck it! Our coaches love this kid and he going to be cemented at WLB for us for quite a while.
Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #17
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

[/darryl sharpton competing for a starting spot and also /his pick making sense]
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #18
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Didnt the most recent superbowl steelers have their LB core all get pro bowls and the ravens back when they had bart scott, ray lewis, and suggs?

I could be wrong but if any team had it happened I figured it would be one of them.
Old 06-06-2010   #19
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know why this was even written and posted but what the hell, "news" "article" about Zach Diles:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...D9G39UI80.html

Quote:
For a few fleeting moments, Houston Texans linebacker Zac Diles feared his career might be over.

He thought all the work and all the dreams of playing in the NFL were ruined when he broke his left leg simply running down the field during a special-teams drill in November 2008.

The former seventh-round draft pick imagined the worst-case scenario until doctors told him that his tibia could be fixed and that he would be able to return.

Diles dutifully did the rehab, and heading into his fourth pro season, he's blossomed into an impact player on Houston's defense. Texans coach Gary Kubiak says Diles is on the fast track to an All-Pro career.

I don't think he said "all-pro" either. I think he said Pro Bowl.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010   #20
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

ive always loved diles!!! since his rookie season and he was rocking the visor! lol look cool factor always in effect lol but hes an awesome player for sure!
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read