Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-02-2010   #1
Grforces
Veteran

Section: anywhere and everywhere
Rep Power: 67 Grforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans ready to take the next step?

Just watched this, what do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player...ht-Gary-Kubiak
Grforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans ready to take the next step?

What do I think....

I'm tired of hearing about "taking the next step".

SHOW ME!

Put up or shut up, no more talk. I'm tired of our team being the offseason darlings only to become January bridesmaids.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

off season fodder, but still nice to watch.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
What do I think....

SHOW ME!

Put up or shut up, no more talk. I'm tired of our team being the offseason darlings only to become January bridesmaids.
As harsh as that sounds, sooooooo true!!!!
Old 06-02-2010   #5
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't see how this season can't be our year. Everyone is whining about the schedule and already marking us off for another 8-8 or 9-7 year. But open your eyes folks! These aren't your 2008 or 2007 texans! We can compete with any team in the NFL and we showed it last year. We've filled our holes! now, instead of bringing out Kris Brown or Chris Brown to win the game for us, we got Slate and Tate chewing up the clock and keeping it away from manning. Our defense has never been this great before and with a top 5 offense there's no reason for us to be any lower than 10-6
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
I can't see how this season can't be our year. Everyone is whining about the schedule and already marking us off for another 8-8 or 9-7 year. But open your eyes folks! These aren't your 2008 or 2007 texans! We can compete with any team in the NFL and we showed it last year. We've filled our holes! now, instead of bringing out Kris Brown or Chris Brown to win the game for us, we got Slate and Tate chewing up the clock and keeping it away from manning. Our defense has never been this great before and with a top 5 offense there's no reason for us to be any lower than 10-6
The Texans showed the can compete with every team in the league...yes, but still haven't shown that they're ready to win the games they should (Both Jags games, MNF Titans game, etc.) or are ready to win IMPORTANT GAMES (both Colts games...and the 4 divisional game slide, which pretty much made their playoff chances VERY BLEAK). They should be well past the "just trying to be competitive week in and week out" phase of their progression by now.

Sorry, but there's alot to be worried about....especially with that schedule. (Honestly the Texans really screwed themselves last season for not taking advantage of that schedule) For Christ's sake, people are still waiting to "turn the corner". (BTW, I absolutely hate every time that question pops up)

I'm not trying to sound negative here and I really hope they finally get their crap together and start pushing GOOD teams around and develop a killer instinct against the ones they should handle rather easily (Rams game), but until they actually do that I'm going to have to assume they'll do what they've done for the past 3 seasons.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Each season is different, and each season someone you never expect can win it all. Hell, even the Mets won a world series and the Astros even got to play in one. There's no reason to count the Texans out. Especially this early.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2010   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

"Texans ready to take the next step?"

Groan. We should put "take the next step" on the banned list. Along with "turn the corner" and "take it to the next level".
Old 06-02-2010   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Groan. We should put "take the next step" on the banned list. Along with "turn the corner" and "take it to the next level".
Second the notion.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And " The most important game in franchise history"
Old 06-02-2010   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, those kids just gotta' keep battling out there.

Leave nothing on the field.

[Insert favorite cliche here]

Texans don't need to take a step. They've been using Dr. Leo's baby-step program for the past four years already. Tie them to the mast: "I'm sailing, I'm sailing. I'm REALLY SAILING!!!"

Old 06-03-2010   #12
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Each season is different, and each season someone you never expect can win it all. Hell, even the Mets won a world series and the Astros even got to play in one. There's no reason to count the Texans out. Especially this early.
Please dont use the Astros as an example. Yes, they surprised us all with what they did, but look at them now. Plus, we had to borrow half the yankees starting pitching rotation to do it.
dinkatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #13
Grforces
Veteran

Section: anywhere and everywhere
Rep Power: 67 Grforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to work a job that kept me up till 5 or 6am. I dint catch many Texans games and therefore I dint follow them like I have this past season. This has been the longest off season in the world for me.
I hunt the web for anything Texans related, and I read almost anything that Texans fans post. I feel like I have a sickness and think that this next season will be the season we make it to the playoffs.
So what I think and feel is like what you guys have been for atleast the last 3 seasons(but for most of yall since inception) But yet, I find there are 2 kind of people on this site.
1. The perpetual downers. That hope for the best, but wont so much as say one positive thing, lest they get thier hopes up, even though they try and hide how much hope they have, they dont want to be let down again.
2. The half glass full people. Even though they feel like the Texans are not doing what they should, that they believe the FO is doing everything they can to bring us the best team possible.
What im trying to say is, despite how hard the scheduale is, anyone playing us should be worrying how to get past us.
(Sorry had a little too much to drink tonight)
Grforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And David Carr
Old 06-03-2010   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
What do I think....

SHOW ME!

Cant rep you

But both of your posts in this thread are spot on.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Somebody should start a list of sayings that should be banned.
Old 06-03-2010   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grforces View Post
I used to work a job that kept me up till 5 or 6am. I dint catch many Texans games and therefore I dint follow them like I have this past season. This has been the longest off season in the world for me.
I hunt the web for anything Texans related, and I read almost anything that Texans fans post. I feel like I have a sickness and think that this next season will be the season we make it to the playoffs.
So what I think and feel is like what you guys have been for atleast the last 3 seasons(but for most of yall since inception) But yet, I find there are 2 kind of people on this site.
1. The perpetual downers. That hope for the best, but wont so much as say one positive thing, lest they get thier hopes up, even though they try and hide how much hope they have, they dont want to be let down again.
2. The half glass full people. Even though they feel like the Texans are not doing what they should, that they believe the FO is doing everything they can to bring us the best team possible.
What im trying to say is, despite how hard the scheduale is, anyone playing us should be worrying how to get past us.
(Sorry had a little too much to drink tonight)
The 1st group are realists that have had their hopes crushed many times times before.

The 2nd group are blind if they think the FO is doing everything they can to make the Texans a winner as quickly as possible.
Old 06-03-2010   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The 1st group are realists that have had their hopes crushed many times times before.

The 2nd group are blind if they think the FO is doing everything they can to make the Texans a winner as quickly as possible.
He didn't say as quickly as possible.

I do consider myself a realist. For the most part, most of us agree that 4 years is enough time. most of us believe we should have been in the play-offs in '09.

What I and the other realist acknowledge, though, is that this is a bad ass team, and we were playing some damn good football on both sides of the ball in '09.

I can't, for the life of me, understand how anyone can think Kubiak won't ever get it done in Houston. No matter how I look at it, I feel GK missed the "4 year" standard by a matter of months. and if we could have back-doored our way into the play-offs, it would have been obvious. 2010 is going to be very exciting for us TexansFans
Old 06-03-2010   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He didn't say as quickly as possible.

I do consider myself a realist. For the most part, most of us agree that 4 years is enough time. most of us believe we should have been in the play-offs in '09.

What I and the other realist acknowledge, though, is that this is a bad ass team, and we were playing some damn good football on both sides of the ball in '09.

I can't, for the life of me, understand how anyone can think Kubiak won't ever get it done in Houston. No matter how I look at it, I feel GK missed the "4 year" standard by a matter of months. and if we could have back-doored our way into the play-offs, it would have been obvious. 2010 is going to be very exciting for us TexansFans
A realist would recognize that even in their wins they usually only played one half of playoff caliber football. It came back to bite them in the butt.

What Aggie has ever won anything in sports? LOL
Old 06-03-2010   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I like the "potential" of your statement but urge you to "take it one day at a time" as on "any given Sunday" we can "just win, baby!"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read