Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-02-2010   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans breathe easier and now....

will be able to see better too.

I just heard via www.twitter.com that Rashad Butler is going to get lasic surgery.

So we had sleep apnea surgery for these guys.
And now...
Vision correction-

Rashad Butler

I know there's more. I just can't seem to remember... Help me out guys...

I know it's small things but a head coach being able to sleep better in the few hours they get to sleep can only help. Mario, some of you have effort issues with him... maybe a little extra rest could help. Now this... Rashad Butler will be able to see who he's blocking!
It's going to be a good year.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans breathe easier and now....

The Texans and Mario may be breathing easier, but I'm not breathing easier about Mario. Anybody notice that after all the allusion to Mario's "compromised" performance playing "hurt" throughout the 2009 season due to an injured shoulder, and the reporting of the intent for Mario to undergo post season surgery?.....................not a peep...........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #3
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

In regards to his shoulder or his sinus? Which are you referring?

According to rotoworld.com the shoulder surgery was supposed to be a scope and wasn't expected to effect his participation at OTA's.

Are you upset that he hasn't talked about it or are you upset that the media hasn't asked him about it? Either way, what does that have to do with him playing football?
Old 06-03-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90792 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The Texans and Mario may be breathing easier, but I'm not breathing easier about Mario. Anybody notice that after all the allusion to Mario's "compromised" performance playing "hurt" throughout the 2009 season due to an injured shoulder, and the reporting of the intent for Mario to undergo post season surgery?.....................not a peep...........
Asked Mario about his shoulder and did he have surgery via twitter. He replied:
It's fine and no
Old 06-03-2010   #5
barrett
Hall of Fame

It's pretty neat and kinda sad that we can / have to go directly to the source for some Texans News.

I asked Barber the other day about the depth chart and he told me he's still a 2.

Neat right? Sad right?

Go Chronicle!
Old 06-03-2010   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Asked Mario about his shoulder and did he have surgery via twitter. He replied:
It's fine and no
As Barrett mentioned, I remember reading that same Rotoworld report concerning the scope. With Mario's response, I'm not sure if I feel more assured or more worried.
Old 06-03-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90792 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As Barrett mentioned, I remember reading that same Rotoworld report concerning the scope. With Mario's response, I'm not sure if I feel more assured or more worried.
Isn't it possible that he just had a mild strain last year? And just need some rest to let minor inflammation subside? Maybe because of the grind of the season it never got a chance to fully recover before being placed under stress again
Old 06-03-2010   #8
barrett
Hall of Fame

The rotoworld thing was before. Saying that
Quote:
Texans RE Mario Williams will have his shoulder scoped this offseason.
The procedure will probably happen by the end of the month, and not threaten Williams' status for OTAs
But then I noticed the source, Houston Chronicle. Then I clicked the link, which sent me to the Chronicle twitter page. It said
Quote:
DE Mario Williams will undergo scope on his shoulder, according to coach Gary Kubiak.
So now I don't know what to think.
Old 06-03-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

But then I noticed the source, Houston Chronicle. Then I clicked the link, which sent me to the Chronicle twitter page. It said

Could be that Mario does not consider a "scope" to be surgery.
Old 06-03-2010   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

Kubiaks quote was what worried me. I was trying to find it. But couldnt' remember where I saw it.
Old 06-03-2010   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Isn't it possible that he just had a mild strain last year? And just need some rest to let minor inflammation subside? Maybe because of the grind of the season it never got a chance to fully recover before being placed under stress again

That's a possibility. But it would have to be a partial tear probably of the rotator cuff since he had noticeable problems using his arm in an elevated position. If it is that and it's not totally healed from conservative (nonoperative) treatment, it could retear and this time more completely.
I would prefer not to see another Boselli.
Old 06-03-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
That's a possibility. But it would have to be a partial tear probably of the rotator cuff since he had noticeable problems using his arm in an elevated position. If it is that and it's not totally healed from conservative (nonoperative) treatment, it could retear and this time more completely.
Heaven forbid the Texans have to see another Boselli! I am hoping theat everything is ok with Mario, because he is the one plyaer on defens we have no depth behind
Old 06-03-2010   #13
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Heaven forbid the Texans have to see another Boselli! I am hoping theat everything is ok with Mario, because he is the one plyaer on defens we have no depth behind
Antonio Smith? Barwin? Bulman?

Mario is no doubt a stud but we've got some damn good depth behind him.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Antonio Smith? Barwin? Bulman?

Mario is no doubt a stud but we've got some damn good depth behind him.
Smith cannot play both sides at the same time, Barwin is not ready to be an every down DE, and Bulman is not starter material.
Old 06-03-2010   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No worries there. Unlike Boselli, Mario actually played games for the Texans.
Old 06-03-2010   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No worries there. Unlike Boselli, Mario actually played games for the Texans.
Doh!
Old 06-03-2010   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Smith cannot play both sides at the same time, Barwin is not ready to be an every down DE, and Bulman is not starter material.
Are you sure that Barwin is not ready to be every down DE? Be interesting to watch him in TC.
Old 06-03-2010   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Are you sure that Barwin is not ready to be every down DE? Be interesting to watch him in TC.
Would he be better than Smith on run downs? Or, would Smith handle being a 3 down DT? Because, IMO, we need to have Smith on the field all 3 downs.

You're right about seeing him in camp, cuz right now I'd choose Smith at DE during run downs over Barwin in a heartbeat.
Old 06-03-2010   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget about Tim Jamison, who was looking pretty good last year once he started seeing the field.
Old 06-03-2010   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Would he be better than Smith on run downs? Or, would Smith handle being a 3 down DT? Because, IMO, we need to have Smith on the field all 3 downs.

You're right about seeing him in camp, cuz right now I'd choose Smith at DE during run downs over Barwin in a heartbeat.
As a "get into the QB's comfort zone", I just might like Barwin better than Smith. Barwin, Smith, Okoye/rookie and Mario could be interesting on passing plays.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read