Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Vote:
Running Backs, including but not limited to the mystery of the "H-back" 18 25.71%
Interior OL 20 28.57%
WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE 6 8.57%
Cornerbacks who look like safeties 6 8.57%
Defensive. Freaking. Tackle. 4 5.71%
Kickers of Hopes and Dreams 15 21.43%
TIMEKILLER, YOU FOOL!!! You forgot to mention: 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2010   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Most Compelling Position Battle?

What do you have your eye on? Which player specifically do you think rises up the depth chart and has a significant impact?

The RB situation is about as non-bleak as it's ever been between Foster, Tate and Slaton with Moats and JJohnson at their tails.

The Interior OL has an overload of players including a few TT.com whipping boys.

The glut of WR/TE that has almost a comical feel to it, certainly 8 of each won't fly with a 53 man roster.

Shaking out CB depth, does KJ start from day 1? If there is, WHO is the odd man out? Is any CB skilled enough to slide to FS?

DT, the ever churning, ever sucking, boiling hot maelstrom of pain....

and last but for the love of Pantera, NOT least:

Brown v. Rackers
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #2
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18944 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most Compelling Position Battle?

Most compelling would either be interior OL or K.

Should be interesting to see who comes on top out of Brisel, Meyers, Studdard, Caldwell, and the Smiths.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a surprise at S. That'd probably be my candidate for a darkhorse like Troy Nolan or Dom Barber.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted DT to see how Mitchell fits in to the rotation.

Will be interesting if he can win a starters spot.
Old 06-02-2010   #4
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

DT the rookies vs. Cody and Okam.

I hope the rookies win out.
Old 06-02-2010   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I voted kicker.
Old 06-02-2010   #6
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote interior OL, there's a glut of once-upon-a-time starters competing and it seems like the jobs are truly up for grabs at this point. After that I'm interested to see if long time Texan and all around good guy Kris Brown gets knocked off by Rackers, and if there are any shake-ups at the FS position.

Last edited by Fox; 06-02-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE because I have no idea what will happen with the lower tier guys at those positions.
Old 06-02-2010   #8
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I voted WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE because I have no idea what will happen with the lower tier guys at those positions.
QFT. But a close second would be the interior line battle.
Old 06-02-2010   #9
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm most interested in how our talent-rich WR/TE pool is allocated. Jacoby scared the bejeezus out of defensive secondaries, he needs to see the field more.
Old 06-02-2010   #10
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Interior OL for me. We don't know who any of the 3 starters are going to be except probably Myers, but even then he may have hot competition from the start. We've got what, 8 or so players for 3 positions?
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I voted this too cause I think we are VERY deep at both position with high quality players. Gonna be good.
Old 06-02-2010   #12
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Kicker: Brown vs. Rackers
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Will Ben Tate get over his hamstring in time to make an impact?

Is Steve Slaton going to be the Slaton of 2008 or 2009?

Is Arian Foster really going to be penciled as the starter in week 1?

Is Ryan Moats out on his ass?

These questions and many more in the next episode of Soa-- er, The Texans RB Corps!
Old 06-02-2010   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I voted this too cause I think we are VERY deep at both position with high quality players. Gonna be good.
I also like seeing this: WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE

Hey guys! Guess what the Texans 2011 and 2012 drafts will look like!

WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TEWR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TEWR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TEWR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/WR/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE/TE
Old 06-02-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if we will be happy with the results, but I think FS may be the most compelling. Between Wilson, Barber and Nolan.
Old 06-02-2010   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

There ain't nothing more fun to watch than a nice competition among the big nasties in the trenches. Interior Oline get's my vote. IMO, it was one of the biggest problems during last season.

I'd lean towards FS for the 2nd most important.

I think we've got decent talent at WR, TE, and RB to work themselves out fairly easy. The talent at G and C are the big ? for me.
Old 06-02-2010   #17
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Cornerback for sure. Lost our #1 cornerback to ATL. We have a 1st round rookie, 6th round rookie, two 2nd year guys, a 7 year vet, a prommising oft injured corner, and a ex-starter who might not make the 53 man squad.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Who called me a fool?!?!?! Show yourself!!!

I went with Running Back. The Texans almost went 1st round with a guy who looks promising: Ben Tate. The 2nd rounder has a lot of nice tangibles and great college production so guessing he's a real baller wouldn't be much of a stretch. Steve Slaton at least PHYSICALLY looks like Stevie Wonder again and with no f'ed up nerves in his neck looks to rebound after a pitiful sophomore effort. If he's hungry, there's PLENTY on his plate. Oh and that guy who looked like a real RB after watching Slaton implode, Moats justifying his journeyman status and Chris Brown...well...Browning it up? Arian Foster, a big ol' hammer to swing into tiring defenses.

If you want to throw in Vonta Leach looking to be a bigger cog in the system again, James Casey still looking to put a stamp somewhere and any trickery we might get to talk about but never see like Trindon Holliday taking a reverse or some screens RB just might make a damn big turnaround. ssssssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSpecially if the OL battle results in some upgrades.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I don't know if we will be happy with the results, but I think FS may be the most compelling. Between Wilson, Barber and Nolan.
db's for sure. Texans have to sort out the cb's first - Kareem, Quin, Reeves, McCain, McManis, Molden, Bennett & Parson. Safety, other than Pollard (starting SS) you have Wilson challenged by Barber, Nolan plus possiblity of one or two of the cb's moving over.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Cornerback for sure. Lost our #1 cornerback to ATL. We have a 1st round rookie, 6th round rookie, two 2nd year guys, a 7 year vet, a prommising oft injured corner, and a ex-starter who might not make the 53 man squad.
Maybe for the nickel and dime CB,s, but the 2 starters are penciled in already. Honestly, I don't see who could offer up stiff competition for CB #1 or #2. #3 and #4, maybe.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read