Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-01-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Is Steve Slaton The Best Second RB?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth
Old 06-01-2010   #2
Grforces
Veteran

Section: anywhere and everywhere
Rep Power: 67 Grforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Steve Slaton The Best Second RB?

Best 2nd RB? I dont know how you compare that. Its how the backs compliment eachother and what does the 2nd do that the 1st dosent. Slaton the best 2nd RB? Slaton if he can do what he did his rookie year, he's the 2nd best RB in the AFC South behind Chris Johnson.
I dont care who our 2nd is, as long as our 1st gets it done.
Grforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is Steve Slaton The Best Second RB?

If healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if Slaton is the Texans best number one back. He's proven himself once; if last year's failure was based on health he could bounce back strong.
Old 06-02-2010   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Barring no injury I think Stevie will have a great season.
Old 06-02-2010   #5
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grforces View Post
Best 2nd RB? I dont know how you compare that. Its how the backs compliment eachother and what does the 2nd do that the 1st dosent. Slaton the best 2nd RB? Slaton if he can do what he did his rookie year, he's the 2nd best RB in the AFC South behind Chris Johnson.
I dont care who our 2nd is, as long as our 1st gets it done.
Woah woah woah!!! MJD might have something to say about that. In fact if I could have any RB in the NFL, it would probably be AD at 1 and MJD at 2. CJ would probably be 3.
Old 06-02-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I hesitate to label our RBs and maybe will not even after season begins. The back with the most attempts may not be the "starter". I can see Slaton getting the start but Tate getting more carries. Slaton should see more passes and end arounds than ever before. If Foster does what I expect, I hope to lose track on who gets how many attempts during the game as I will be screaming my lungs out "Did you see that!" rather than moaning "Did I just see that?"
Old 06-02-2010   #7
Ryan82
Rookie

Would say so if he is not holding a football
Ryan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2010   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
If healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if Slaton is the Texans best number one back. He's proven himself once; if last year's failure was based on health he could bounce back strong.
Thank gosh for neck surgery!

Try 2nd worst, gary.
Old 06-02-2010   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Thank gosh for neck surgery!

Try 2nd worst, gary.
That bab huh? We shall see.
Old 06-02-2010   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
That bab huh? We shall see.
I love me some Steve Slaton but neck surgery has a way of invoking me spidey sense. It's tingling so much that it hurts.
Old 06-03-2010   #11
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I hesitate to label our RBs and maybe will not even after season begins. The back with the most attempts may not be the "starter". I can see Slaton getting the start but Tate getting more carries. Slaton should see more passes and end arounds than ever before. If Foster does what I expect, I hope to lose track on who gets how many attempts during the game as I will be screaming my lungs out "Did you see that!" rather than moaning "Did I just see that?"
This scenario actually gives me hope. I see a Saints style approach to running the ball in Houston this season

Unlike the RBBC's of past, this corps actually has some potential legitimacy.
Old 06-03-2010   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
This scenario actually gives me hope. I see a Saints style approach to running the ball in Houston this season

Unlike the RBBC's of past, this corps actually has some potential legitimacy.
As I said on another thread, I think Wade Smith at LG will be biggest offensive change. When the final group of RBs is known, the overall O should be great. If OD can stay healthy and he will be playing for multi year deal and then my prediction of Jacoby Jones having a very good year, wow!
Old 06-03-2010   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Everyone is in place to win next season if things do not go well it will fall on Gary IMO.
Old 06-03-2010   #14
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Everyone is in place to win next season if things do not go well it will fall on Gary IMO.
Gary, to be fair, you shouldn't pressure yourself so much!
Old 06-03-2010   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

2nd, 1st, 3rd, I don't care. As long as our running game is much more productive than last season I'll be good. I think between Foster, Tate and Slaton we should be alright at the RB position. I'm more concerned with how the Oline shapes up this season. Having your own linemen pushed back into you doesn't fair well for any RB, much less Slaton.
Old 06-03-2010   #16
arigold
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 arigold could be on the next Madden coverarigold could be on the next Madden coverarigold could be on the next Madden coverarigold could be on the next Madden coverarigold could be on the next Madden coverarigold could be on the next Madden cover

this ^
arigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

There is also Johnson on the roster too.
Old 06-03-2010   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think between Foster, Tate and Slaton we should be alright at the RB position.
IMHO, I think having Jeremiah Johnson, Chris Henry, and Ryan Moats helps out from a depth perspective. If anything should happen to the first three, I think we'll still be good at the RB position.
Old 06-03-2010   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
IMHO, I think having Jeremiah Johnson, Chris Henry, and Ryan Moats helps out from a depth perspective. If anything should happen to the first three, I think we'll still be good at the RB position.
I am pleased.
Old 06-03-2010   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But how many will we be able to bring to camp? Or make the roster? Having 2 kickers and 47 TE's will surely weaken a positions depth somewhere, no?

Anybody remember how many we carried last season? Too lazy to go look

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read