Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2005   #1
CyberTexan
Veteran

Default Barrett Ruud

what do you guys think of this studd ?
and ran a 4.6
Barrett Ruud
Position: Middle/Outside Linebacker
College: Nebraska
Height: 6-1
Weight: 242
Hometown: Lincoln, Neb.

I really liked Sharper and I will hate to see him go , but this kidds a studd MLB waiting to happen , would love to see Rudd and Greenwood side by side .

Last edited by CyberTexan; 03-11-2005 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-11-2005   #2
CyberTexan
Veteran

this guys the best MLB i can see coming up in the draft in my opinion
Old 03-11-2005   #3
cadahnic
All Pro

He is a high second rounder at best. I mean he is a stud, but I am not sold on Greenwood.

Quote: CBSsportsline: Morlon Greenwood to the Texans. It's not that Greenwood is a bad player, it's just that he's not nearly as good as the Texans think he is, evidenced by the $7 million signing bonus they gave him. Greenwood played outside linebacker for the Dolphins at 229 pounds. The Texans plan to play him inside in their 3-4, but the question is whether he's big enough to handle the pounding in there. Greenwood has quickness and is fast enough in coverage, but can he hold up against the run. The Texans clearly spent too much on this player, particularly with Kendrell Bell and Edgerton Hartwell -- two linebackers who have played inside in the 3-4 -- sitting there as unrestricted free agents. This one gets the nod as the worst, just ahead of the stupid money the 49ers paid to get Jonas Jennings.

Do you guys realize we could have gotten Kendrell Bell with that type of money. I mean I know Bell has been hurt, but if he returns to 2/3rds of what he was he is better than Greenwood. I think we should look to grab an ILB in the second or in the third. I like Jerome Mathis WR as a deep threat to compliment Johnson and Daryl Blaylock a great pass rusher, cause Peek is our best outside linebacker and Babin is just not there yet I also like Earnest Shazor.
Old 03-11-2005   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
Greenwood played outside linebacker for the Dolphins at 229 pounds. The Texans plan to play him inside in their 3-4, but the question is whether he's big enough to handle the pounding in there.
The guy that wrote this didn't even do elementary research. Greenwood is and has been 238 lbs or the same size as Sharper and Foreman. Should tell you something that he really doesn't have comments on his play but on his size and then gets that wrong.

Quote:
Do you guys realize we could have gotten Kendrell Bell with that type of money.
Not true. Bell got $10 mil for signing and will be over $5 mil per year on the cap. Capers has a vision for what he wants and just because someone is great in another system (yes even another 3-4 system) doesn't mean they would be good for the schemes Capers wants to run.
Old 03-11-2005   #5
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I like Ruud. Every time they show a Nebraska game, his name is called on basically every defensive play. I dont know why hes not getting the hype that some other LBs are getting. Maybe its because hes only 6'1 but Id rather have production over size anyday.
Old 03-11-2005   #6
CyberTexan
Veteran

I agree with you , Rudd is Fast and in a 3-4 that means alot , I still think Rudd is the best one available for our defensive sceme.
Old 03-12-2005   #7
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Talking

barrett ruud would be an awesome addition to this linebacking corp but he wouldn't start his rookie season...he'd be in the heavy rotation...probably with wong or greenwood...but the kid can play
Old 03-12-2005   #8
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

He runs a slow 40 though, only a 4.72.
Old 03-12-2005   #9
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

The play most people compair him to is Bruski of the patriots, who isn't that fast ethier. But both get job done.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read