Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-01-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Q And A With Matt Schaub

Some of that’s on Schaub, who’s not exactly Mr. Saturday Night when it comes to interviews. By his own admission, he keeps it dull.

The fourth-year starter talked about his low-key approach, the Texans’ push for a first-ever playoff berth and several other subjects during an interview with Yahoo! Sports:

Jason Cole: People say you’re intentionally boring and that you actually work at it. Explain why.

Matt Schaub: It’s one of my traits. I don’t know why exactly.

Cole: But you’re not that way with your teammates from what I’m told:

Schaub: I wouldn’t say I’m boring.

Cole: Maybe you wouldn’t, but plenty of other people do.

Schaub: OK, I’m not one to say anything. When I’m asked questions about football and things of that nature, I’m not one to provide bulletin-board material or express a lot of myself through the media. I’m going to keep it low-key and go play the games.

Cole: Where does boring come from? Did a coach instill that? Were your parents like that?

Schaub: I think it comes from my parents and how I was brought up. Coaches have instilled some of that in me, but it’s just not my nature, not my personality.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-schaubqa060110
Old 06-01-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Q And A With Matt Schaub

Great find Gary! Thanks!
Old 06-01-2010   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Well, it is kind of slow around here and I try to find good reads to past the time.
Old 06-01-2010   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Well, it is kind of slow around here and I try to find good reads to past the time.
It's a good read but Schaub is still boring... like me!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Good read
Old 06-03-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I enjoyed it Gary, thanks.
Old 06-03-2010   #7
u_got_stomped
waterboy

good read! thanks
u_got_stomped is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-04-2010   #8
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

How do you not love this guy!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #9
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 27616 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha, the colorful shirt comment is awesome.

I'll take Matty being a bit dull - I'd rather that than him going into clubs and have all kinds of fun with young ladies.

I've a feeling Schaub is actually a pretty great guy in the locker room, and takes the ice off many situations. He's witty, just a bit dry, and not 100% comfortable in the spotlight.
Old 06-05-2010   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a great read! Thanks!
Old 01-14-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default The Matt Schaub Show

I did a search, thought there was a Matt Schaub Show thread, didn't find it. However, I missed the show this morning & really wanted to hear it, figured there may be some guys like me who also missed it.

So here's a link to the podcast
Old 01-14-2013   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Calls himself an elite qb then basically describes his playing style as being a game manager.

Whatever. Not gonna crucify him for thinking he's elite, but he's not.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #13
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Because he cant play NFL football?
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230490 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Calls himself an elite qb then basically describes his playing style as being a game manager.
Interview was before the 2010 season.

But it did have some penetrating questions, like:
Quote:
Cole: Did you ever try to be more entertaining and it backfired?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Interview was before the 2010 season.

But it did have some penetrating questions, like:

I was responding to fiddler. He posted the interview from this morning.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #16
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Because he scrambles out of the pocket and throws the ball away because he thinks he is about to be sacked, only to look back and see nobody there and nothing but open field in front of him for a first down...

Because he goes full fetal when the pocket gets smaller and dives for a 1 yard gain...

Because when he scrambles out of the pocket, his leg causes a fumble that looks like something off of the old 80's-90' football follies videos I use to watch...

and that was only from yesterday's game....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Question for Mr. Schaub: You were Dog Boy...I mean Michael Vick's back up in Atlanta. Would you be willing to move to Philly to RESUME that role? PLEEEASE!?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read