Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-31-2010   #1
small nizzle
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 small nizzle small nizzle small nizzle small nizzle small nizzle small nizzle
Default Kubiaks biggest flaw

Is that he is to loyal to previous years starters,to loyal to "vets" and to loyal to 'players he used to know'.

Examples:
1.took him atleast 2 years to figure out Jacoby Jones is better than David Anderson, and he still hasnt figured out that Jones is better than Walter after 3 years (stretch the field anyone?)

2.took him atleast 14 games last season to figure out that Foster is >>>>> Brown . It actually cost the playoffs because Brown single handily cost 2 games by himself(maybe 3)

3.took him the last 2 years to figure out Kris Brown sucks and to find a replacement (and I wouldnt be surprised if Brown still starts)

4.has taken him 2 years and counting to understand Myers sucks and gets blown up., yet wont replace him with white,shelly,caldwell,or draft a center.

5.took him all of last year and still counting to realize Barwin should be starting ahead of Antonio Smith

Im now positive that Kubiaks 'kids' will not be replaced. The ship will go down with them.
small nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiaks biggest flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by small nizzle View Post
Is that he is to loyal to previous years starters,to loyal to "vets" and to loyal to 'players he used to know'.

Examples:
1.took him atleast 2 years to figure out Jacoby Jones is better than David Anderson, and he still hasnt figured out that Jones is better than Walter after 3 years (stretch the field anyone?)

2.took him atleast 14 games last season to figure out that Foster is >>>>> Brown . It actually cost the playoffs because Brown single handily cost 2 games by himself(maybe 3)

3.took him the last 2 years to figure out Kris Brown sucks and to find a replacement (and I wouldnt be surprised if Brown still starts)

4.has taken him 2 years and counting to understand Myers sucks and gets blown up., yet wont replace him with white,shelly,caldwell,or draft a center.

5.took him all of last year and still counting to realize Barwin should be starting ahead of Antonio Smith

Im now positive that Kubiaks 'kids' will not be replaced. The ship will go down with them.
Ridiculously ignorant post.

-Jacoby and David play 2 different roles as receivers in this offense. Jacoby plays on the edge and his best routes are deep go routes/comebacks. David is a slot receiver or 'Z' receiver and most of his routes are crossing/hitch underneath routes. And I don't know how long you've been following the Texans but Jacoby spent his rookie and sophomore seasons developing stagnantly and was not better than David or Walter or even Andre Davis for that matter.

-Kris Brown was a really good kicker before last year. There was no reason to think he was going to have the awful year he did based on his previous years.

-Your take on the defensive end rotation is short-sighted and laughably dumb. Again you're comparing two players whose roles and skill sets are completely different. Smith was a first and second down defensive end and third down DT. Barwin was a 3rd down defensive end and occasional stand up linebacker. In fact I'd say almost every snap Barwin was on the field Antonio was too. And Barwin had neither the capacity physically or mentally to play on 1st and 2nd down last year and probably still won't be seen much there next year either.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #4
pokaholic777
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 pokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, this post is dumb...Antonio Smith is a beast.
pokaholic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #5
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by small nizzle View Post

Examples:

Point 2 is the only good point you make. 1 for 5, you could play for the Astros right now.

On point 1, Jacoby couldn't get out of his own way and he finally started to get it together last year. Like a previous poster said, he and David Andersen are different receivers and Andersen does what he is supposed to do very well. I expect a big year out of Jacoby but there was a point I thought he would never put it all together.

On point 3, it could be argued that Kubiak waited too long on Brown but that doesn't span 2 years. He had a good year before last and only started stinking up the joint this past season. I am hopeful that Rackers can win the job.

Point 4, Shelley is a rookie this year so not sure why you even mention him, White is not a guy I want starting, and Caldwell was a rook who earned a little PT towards the end of the year but wasn't anything special by any means.

5, you must be joking, Smith was our second best lineman last year and he was breathing down Mario's neck for those honors.

Also, to, two, too, to, two, too, to, two, too
Old 05-31-2010   #6
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really agree with the OP's specific examples, but the general thought. Yeah, I think he sticks with some players longer than he should. Putzier anybody? There are plenty of examples, I don't think it's isolated only to Kubes. However since he's the head coach of the team I love it's hard to gloss over things that in hindsight might not be a big deal.

I think that his biggest failing is disciplining the players and having them ready for game day and then communication on game day.

His in game decisions I think are a result from not having good communication. When he didn't snap the ball in the first Colts game this yr. was a result of breakdown in communication. In Kubiaks words he admitted he wasn't aware of what was going on on the field. That has to be corrected. While I can hope it'll happen this yr. it's been an issue throughout his tenure here.

After the Jacksonville game one of their DE's pointed out a technical flaw in Duane Browns play that was giving away what kind of play it was before the snap. That really upset me because Kubes said that that wasn't a problem. The issue wasn't how he dealt with the comments, but to me, that he hadn't addressed this problem before. I can't remember who, I think it was Vinney and someone else mentioned this way back in the day before the Jacksonville game. Maybe I'm wrong, but if fans and opposing players can spot this I find it hard to believe that Kubiak didn't notice it. Then the question becomes why didn't he correct the problem or put someone else out there that could resolve the problem.

The other play that drives the point home in regards to failing to prepare players was the C. Brown pass in the Jacksonville game. Nothing went right on that play with Brown. However in Kubiaks comments afterwards he said that they were running that play well in practice. I'm sorry, but that play just reeked of lack of discipline and not being prepared.

I think these are Kubiaks biggest flaws. It's my believe that if he doesn't address them there is little reason to believe we will do much better.

Just my 2 cents. (hehe, 2 cents is a band and they opened for Korn's ballroom blitz. I thought that was interesting.)
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #7
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
I don't really agree with the OP's specific examples, but the general thought. Yeah, I think he sticks with some players longer than he should. Putzier anybody? There are plenty of examples, I don't think it's isolated only to Kubes. However since he's the head coach of the team I love it's hard to gloss over things that in hindsight might not be a big deal.
Putzier? Putzier was here for 2 years, and started 6 games (only one of which was in his second season), and was active for a grand total of 22. This is what qualifies as sticking with a guy too long?
Old 05-31-2010   #8
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last edited by pbat488; 05-31-2010 at 06:27 PM.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

nope. his biggest flaw is being an aggie.

Last edited by powerfuldragon; 05-31-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: making it sound less awkward
powerfuldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #10
Grforces
Veteran

Section: anywhere and everywhere
Rep Power: 67 Grforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubes biggest flaw is taking the foot off the gas when we have the lead going into the 3rd quarter.
I dont sit in his meetings, im not on the side lines during ota's and practices, and im not in the locker room before the game starts, so all I have to go on is his press meetings and what I see during the game when he is on the side lines.
That being said, I think that maybe, just maybe, that he can't take the next step from coordinator to head coach. Our offense (passing game) is one of the best, if not the best in the NFL. But what is missing is, coming from behind to win games. When we are winning, not giving up the lead to lose, or barely scrap by. Just seems like no one leads the team, the players try, but it seems like everything is so lax that people kinda brush it off. (Thats part of the reason im so excited this year, reading about how pollard is being a real leader)
Grforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I have a feeling he'll earn coach of the year in 2010.

Winning tends to change a lot of peoples minds about a lot of little things.

Old 05-31-2010   #12
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Really? I've always thought his biggest flaw is his inability to think critically in high pressure situations (anything that has to do with the challenge flag, halfback passes in the RZ, etc...)
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #13
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Also, to, two, too, to, two, too, to, two, too
Thank you so much for posting this. You have picked out the biggest flaw with this thread and I congratulate you for that.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #14
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, when I first joined this site I seem to remember a rule that you had to have at least 50 posts before you could start a thread. Was this just a rule for me (not blaming you if it was) or was it just done away with?
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post

Its not a new record , dont think anyone can beat Johnsonfan at that but it only took him 8 posts to come up with this garbage.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Small Nizzle!
Old 05-31-2010   #17
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's problem is that he only trusts FoKers.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #18
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread sounds ridiculous. But, he is getting a lots of attention.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Small Nizzle!

I really hope this is just someone wanting to stir up something.

I shudder to think of the possibility that its not.
Old 05-31-2010   #20
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post

-Jacoby and David play 2 different roles as receivers in this offense. Jacoby plays on the edge and his best routes are deep go routes/comebacks. David is a slot receiver or 'Z' receiver and most of his routes are crossing/hitch underneath routes. And I don't know how long you've been following the Texans but Jacoby spent his rookie and sophomore seasons developing stagnantly and was not better than David or Walter or even Andre Davis for that matter.

-Kris Brown was a really good kicker before last year. There was no reason to think he was going to have the awful year he did based on his previous years.

-Your take on the defensive end rotation is short-sighted and laughably dumb. Again you're comparing two players whose roles and skill sets are completely different. Smith was a first and second down defensive end and third down DT. Barwin was a 3rd down defensive end and occasional stand up linebacker. In fact I'd say almost every snap Barwin was on the field Antonio was too. And Barwin had neither the capacity physically or mentally to play on 1st and 2nd down last year and probably still won't be seen much there next year either.

OP must think this is Madden where every player at the same position is interchangable

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read