Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-28-2010   #1
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I feel bad for the bronco's

Anyone else?

I mean..Now their trying a new #1 WR each week? Just seems..oww.
Old 05-28-2010   #2
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 129140 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I feel bad for the bronco's

Tebow is the next Hines Ward.................or the next Matt Jones.
Old 05-28-2010   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't at all.

They brought in McDaniels and wanted to blow up the team.

Trade away young promising QB? Check.
Trade away young elite WR? Check.
Let go of a D coordinator who turned the defense around? Check.
Make bad draft day move for overrated QB prospect? Check.

I'll be surprised if they win 5 games this year and predict they get swept by the Raiders.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

In their defense, Cutler looks bad in Chicago and Marshall's off to a bad start in Miami with hip surgery.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I don't at all.

I'll be surprised if they win 5 games this year and predict they get swept by the Raiders.
They play in the AFC West. They will win more games then they should.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
In their defense, Cutler looks bad in Chicago and Marshall's off to a bad start in Miami with hip surgery.
Cutler doesn't really have anyone to throw it to. Unless you count Devin Hester? Which I guess is why I'm more surprised that Chicago went after Peppers instead of trying to look at bolstering their inept WR corps.

Didn't Marshall have a similar injury last year prior to the start of the season?

I guess I don't feel sorry for the Broncos as much as I feel sorry for their fans right now.

SuperMario yeah they do play in the AFC West, but they still have to play the Chargers and I suspect the Raiders will play much better football with a competent QB at the helm. They might have lost more games than us but, they did beat more teams with a winning record.

I don't have many expectations for KC except they overhauled their coaching staff to include Charlie Weis and Crennel for what that counts at face value.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

the bronco's what?

(sorry)
Old 05-28-2010   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Josh McDaniels is a plant by Belichek to destroy the Broncos.

This cannot be disputed as he also did it to the Browns and the Jets (Crennel/Mangini)
Old 05-28-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Josh McDaniels is a plant by Belichek to destroy the Broncos.

This cannot be disputed as he also did it to the Browns and the Jets (Crennel/Mangini)
The Master Plan!
Old 05-28-2010   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope, not me. Sure nobody fells bad for the Texans round the league when we stink it up.
Old 05-28-2010   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, the Broncos are bad.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #12
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I don't at all.

Gotta disagree.

Cutler got exposed last season. I have been saying for quite awhile that he had one good season, the year he had to throw like crazy becuase he had absolutely no D. Look at Cutler's stats in his career. He is overrated.

Yes, I will agree with WR, BUT as we have seen with Goodell, character is KING. So marshall might be an incident away from a multiple game suspension.

Let go of a D coordinator: I did not get this one. I know the D struggled down the line, but they were patchwork at best. This was THE bad move McDaniels has made.

I agree with Tebow as a draft day ? I don't like him as a QB, but he is a hard worker. He is the anti Jamarcus Russell. He will do what he can to improve. He wont be Peyton, but he could be a solid NFL QB. And THAT is not necessarily a bad thing.

Broncos have made some bad moves, but they also have a lot of good too. I am still predicting them to finish 2nd in the division behind the Chargers and ahead of the Raiders and Chiefs.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #13
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92860 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Its rare to see a team molded in the single-minded arrogrance of a young coach.

It it works, he's a genius. If it flops, he will never get a head job again
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010   #14
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: I feel bad for the bronco's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
They play in the AFC West. They will win more games then they should.
I never could cheer for them. They've always won more games than they should have. Even with Elway they were getting slapped around regularly & won games they should have been clobbered in.
Old 05-30-2010   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I had friends who told me that the Texans should have traded Shaub and a pick for Cutler during that offseason. I told them they were stupid. I think I was right...

If we had let Kevin Walter go to the Ravens, I would have LOVED to see the Texans trade two 2nd's for Marshall. AJ and Marshall would be an insane duo, but McNair would have to pay quite a bit to keep both of them happy.
Old 05-30-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I had friends who told me that the Texans should have traded Shaub and a pick for Cutler during that offseason. I told them they were stupid. I think I was right...

If we had let Kevin Walter go to the Ravens, I would have LOVED to see the Texans trade two 2nd's for Marshall. AJ and Marshall would be an insane duo, but McNair would have to pay quite a bit to keep both of them happy.
Didn't Miami get Marshall for a 5th?
Old 05-30-2010   #17
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Didn't Miami get Marshall for a 5th?
I think it was 2 2nds, a 2nd in 2010 and s 2nd in 2011. Two seconds is the same price we paid for Schaub.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 05-30-2010   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Be careful with marshall. I think he is very close to missing games for personal conduct. One more problem and he misses 4 games. You heard it here first.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 05-30-2010   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I think it was 2 2nds, a 2nd in 2010 and s 2nd in 2011. Two seconds is the same price we paid for Schaub.
You are absolutely correct.
Old 05-30-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Be careful with marshall. I think he is very close to missing games for personal conduct. One more problem and he misses 4 games. You heard it here first.
Also coming off hip surgery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5201480

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read