Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-27-2010   #1
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Texan's Talk Combine

Hey guys, this idea was brought up in another thread, so I took it upon myself to see if this is even possible.

If I were to set up a 'combine' for all the fans to participate in, who would be interested? I'm thinking at least 25 guys would have to sign up before I reserved a space.

What measurables would you like to see done.
- 40 yard dash
- three cone drill
- long jump
- hi jump
- bench
- height/weight/what position do you want to play?
- pass catching maybe?

Perhaps we do it at a YMCA on a saturday, maybe the July 24 or 31st?

I think it would be awesome, mad respect to TimeKiller for bringing this idea up. So what do y'all think? Perhaps I can get the Texans to sponsor it or have the cheerleaders come out; something to that effect.

Thoughts?

-wil
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan's Talk Combine

I'll be there in spirit, my corpus is stuck overseas
Old 05-27-2010   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

-The beer chug
-The long pour
-The Beer Pong throw
-The Quarter Bounce
-Das Boot

Now that I would show up for.
Old 05-27-2010   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
-The beer chug
-The long pour
-The Beer Pong throw
-The Quarter Bounce
-Das Boot

Now that I would show up for.
you beat me to it
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line_Producer View Post
Hey guys, this idea was brought up in another thread, so I took it upon myself to see if this is even possible.

If I were to set up a 'combine' for all the fans to participate in, who would be interested? I'm thinking at least 25 guys would have to sign up before I reserved a space.

What measurables would you like to see done.
- 40 yard dash
- three cone drill
- long jump
- hi jump
- bench
- height/weight/what position do you want to play?
- pass catching maybe?

Perhaps we do it at a YMCA on a saturday, maybe the July 24 or 31st?

I think it would be awesome, mad respect to TimeKiller for bringing this idea up. So what do y'all think? Perhaps I can get the Texans to sponsor it or have the cheerleaders come out; something to that effect.

Thoughts?

-wil
:bow:

I'm in on the 40, 3 cone drill and a weigh in. Bench press too as long as it's not 225 lbs.!!!! Basically everything but the jumping so I don't have my white-ness exposed to all the scouts. You know how people get when white people are in the wrong place (it's a Toby Gerhart joke, calm down)
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be the faithful, long enduring fan that reads how each of you did then will sit back and criticise your efforts.
Old 05-27-2010   #7
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I'll be the faithful, long enduring fan that reads how each of you did then will sit back and criticise your efforts.
Kind of like John McLame or Richie Justice.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2010   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Results:

- 40 yard dash----DNF
- three cone drill----DNF
- long jump----DNF
- hi jump----DNF
- bench----DNF
- height/weight/what position do you want to play?----Punter
- pass catching maybe?----N/A

Complete.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

If you are going to have a TexansTalk Combine, all this athletic nonsense needs to go away.
dc_txtech had it right. Those are the events for this board. That way all members can compete, even old fat farts like me...

And I would kick ass in those competitions.

Of course, if you found a cop to chase me, I would probably win the 40!
Old 05-28-2010   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Just an idea, but back in highschool we competed against other local highschools in what was called Ølstafet, øl means beer and stafet is a relay race, in other words a beer-relay competition! It's a team activity and VERY entertaining for participants and spectators alike.

Basically you take turns running the relay (bottle opener) to a whole case of beer (30 bottles in our case) open one, drink it, then run around the case 10 times and return to the starting point and hand over the bottle opener. The team that finished the case first is the winner.

If you have alot of participants you can have heats (more beer!). At our yearly grand competition (called the Ølympiade - Beerlympics) we had 3 heats, the third being the finale, our team had shrunk to 3 people at this time...

I'm guessing one could make a soda/water version of this most brilliant of athletic activities, but honestly... where is the fun in that
Old 05-28-2010   #11
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, it looks like it has changed to.

BEERLYMPICS!

All of my cash will go towards the lawsuits that are sure to happen.
Old 05-28-2010   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is something I've been thinking about for the past couple years. On the day of the Combine, I wanted to measure myself in the categories mentioned. Then throughout the year I'd workout, run, train, etc etc and then on the day of the next Combine I'd test myself again. I think it's be pretty cool to see (1) how you [don't] stack up athletically to the pros and (2) how much progress you still made over the year.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll do the height/weight, the 225lb bench and catch passes.......as long as I don't have to run routes.

Then......drink cold beer
Old 05-28-2010   #14
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
This is something I've been thinking about for the past couple years.
There we go. We have four signed up so far.

Ole Miss
Timekiller
Houtex
Line Producer.

I'm thinking bench should be at the 135 level.
Old 05-28-2010   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll participate in a typing challenge, but otherwise can't do much from Virginia
Old 05-28-2010   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Do when then get to do a member mock draft of all your asses? THAT would be cool.
Old 05-28-2010   #17
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is something I would do and gladly embarass myself (especially the beer focused events) but the timing is terrible, I live out of town and my wife is due w/ our 3rd child on 7-22. So I don't see how I can make it into town.
Old 05-28-2010   #18
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line_Producer View Post
Okay, it looks like it has changed to.

BEERLYMPICS!
Deal!!!!!

40oz dash---- Passed
- three wiseman drill----Passed
- longneck----Passed with honors
- hi-life (miller)----didn't like it, but passed
- binge----Passed
- height/weight/?----I thought we did this on the 40oz, but a 24oz dark ale will do--Passed
- pass catching maybe?--Throw a drink at me? Child please!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read