Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-27-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Keith Bullock

They say he's about 3 weeks away from being fully recovered and that he will begin talking with teams to see if he can sign with anybody.

Given our current Cushing situation, I really wouldn't mind taking this guy away from The Titans. Even if he was injured, he's still a very good football player and adding him to our team would be pretty sweet.

If there is a team that will pick him up though, I'm assuming it would be The Detroit Lions, with the connection to the head coach.

What do yall think?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #2
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keith Bullock

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
They say he's about 3 weeks away from being fully recovered and that he will begin talking with teams to see if he can sign with anybody.

Given our current Cushing situation, I really wouldn't mind taking this guy away from The Titans. Even if he was injured, he's still a very good football player and adding him to our team would be pretty sweet.

If there is a team that will pick him up though, I'm assuming it would be The Detroit Lions, with the connection to the head coach.

What do yall think?
I personally would not want him here . I can't stand him for his mouth . Also always thought the guy was way overrated.
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #3
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
I personally would not want him here . I can't stand him for his mouth . Also always thought the guy was way overrated.
But wouldn't you love him if he was talking trash on YOUR team, isn't that always the case?. Can't stand a guy on a rival team because he is a jerk but if he comes to your team, he is our jerk. Bulluck is a solid player, though the best years are behind him or at least creeping up fast.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like him here, but our managment seems keen on youth and no big injury things.
Old 05-27-2010   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends.

If everything goes right Cush will be gone four games, unless you want to shift Bullock over to WLB to replace Diles. Which, I don't see happening and he definitely has enough in the tank to start somewhere.

After trading away Sims he very well could land in Detroit with his old coordinator who could use a leader on defense.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Did the Lions grab Vanden Douche this offseason? Maybe Jim Schwartz is trying to re-create the magic of the 2008 season the Titans had (only with an actual QB).
Old 05-27-2010   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Old....check

coming off an injury.....check

overrated.......very possibly

That's a match made in heaven.
Old 05-27-2010   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 05-27-2010   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

How could anyone in here not want Bullock if he could be had for a good price? He's been one of the better LB"s in the league for the last 8 years or so and has strong leadership qualities as well. He wouldn't come here to take over anyone's position, but he'd be great depth and could be a very good fill in if someone got hurt. He'd be a great voice in the locker room as well.

That being said, I don't think the Texans make any moves on him. We're pretty stacked at LB and we wouldn't "need" him. I'd be really happy if they went after him though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely. Won't happen though but...if so... I wonder if TexanTalk's Bullock53 would be a fan of the player?
Old 05-27-2010   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
How could anyone in here not want Bullock if he could be had for a good price? He's been one of the better LB"s in the league for the last 8 years or so and has strong leadership qualities as well. He wouldn't come here to take over anyone's position, but he'd be great depth and could be a very good fill in if someone got hurt. He'd be a great voice in the locker room as well.

That being said, I don't think the Texans make any moves on him. We're pretty stacked at LB and we wouldn't "need" him. I'd be really happy if they went after him though.
Hard to justify a signing for 4 games. He wouldn't come here. He could play weak side, I guess, but hard to justify randomly benching Diles.
Old 05-27-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Quote:

Old 05-27-2010   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Can somebody please explain to me how Keith Bulluk is "overrated"?

The guy has one of his best seasons last year and was the only one playing hard when everyone else was going into the tank. He's a excellent LBer and a locker room leader as well. I'd always take a guy like him if the price was right.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

To be fair....maybe if our team was positioned to be battling it out for the best record in the league against a long hated rivalry...we'd see more smack talk out of some of our players....but you have to walk before you can talk and this team is still awkwardly falling over and skinning their knee, while trying to get around "corners" .

Remember before the MNF game....Bulluck said the Titans were coming here to dash our playoff hopes..when they had absolutely nothing to play for..well what happened? He is a leader and doesn't quit. This team could use players like that in the locker room
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
To be fair....maybe if our team was positioned to be battling it out for the best record in the league against a long hated rivalry...we'd see more smack talk out of some of our players....but you have to walk before you can talk and this team is still awkwardly falling over and skinning their knee, while trying to get around "corners" .

Remember before the MNF game....Bulluck said the Titans were coming here to dash our playoff hopes..when they had absolutely nothing to play for..well what happened? He is a leader and doesn't quit. This team could use players like that in the locker room
Don't get me wrong, I won't talk shit about the player Bulluck, except that he's old and been injured... As a stop gap, given the right money I would have him fill in for Cush until he could return. Then use Bulluck as a rotation, or situational guy...

I posted those pics because irrespective of the type of player he is, he is a POS... BTW, I'm supersticious.
Old 05-27-2010   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I won't talk shit about the player Bulluck, except that he's old and been injured... As a stop gap, given the right money I would have him fill in for Cush until he could return. Then use Bulluck as a rotation, or situational guy...

I posted those pics because irrespective of the type of player he is, he is a POS... BTW, I'm supersticious.
What has he ever done to make him a POS? What leading his team at LB? I guess that would make Demeco Ryans and every other LB who is a leader for their team a POS then by that logic.

Bullock's been one of the better LB's in the league and he's tough as nails. Any team in the league would benefit from having him there. I'd love to have that guy as a starter here or as a rotational guy. Either way, the entire team would benefit from a solid vet like Bullock. I could care less about how many Steelers towels he stomped on.
Old 05-27-2010   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Hard to justify a signing for 4 games. He wouldn't come here. He could play weak side, I guess, but hard to justify randomly benching Diles.
I'm not sure that you'd bench Diles, but Cushing will be gone for 4 games and you never know who could possibly get hurt. Plus, having several guys in rotation is always nice. I'm not saying I'm dying to have the guy or anything, but if he could be had for a reasonable price, he's a no brainer for any team in the NFL. Fortunately we're a team that has a solid duo of LB's right now.
Old 05-27-2010   #18
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Well first off this thread spelled his name wrong ...

It is Bulluck. The only thing I worry about him is he is coming off torn knee ligs and will probably be running with cement shoes. He a huge leader in the locker room and one of the best cover LB's in the league.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
What has he ever done to make him a POS? What leading his team at LB? I guess that would make Demeco Ryans and every other LB who is a leader for their team a POS then by that logic.

Bullock's been one of the better LB's in the league and he's tough as nails. Any team in the league would benefit from having him there. I'd love to have that guy as a starter here or as a rotational guy. Either way, the entire team would benefit from a solid vet like Bullock. I could care less about how many Steelers towels he stomped on.
I'm not going to argue because OBVIOUSLY you didn't see the pictures. That was a dick move and therefore makes him a POS in my opinion.

You also failed to read my other post that didn't criticize his play on the field other than the fact that he is getting old and has been hurt. You apparently failed to read where I also said as a stop gap and if the money was right, then use him...
Old 05-27-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not going to argue because OBVIOUSLY you didn't see the pictures. That was a dick move and therefore makes him a POS in my opinion.

You also failed to read my other post that didn't criticize his play on the field other than the fact that he is getting old and has been hurt. You apparently failed to read where I also said as a stop gap and if the money was right, then use him...
Damn Bill, you expecting people to read and think before posting? Wtf?
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read