Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-25-2010   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2014 Super Bowl will be in NY/NJ

I don't like this idea but it's gonna happen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5219486
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #2
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 29009 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Super Bowl will be in NY/NJ

eww
Old 05-25-2010   #3
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I don't like this idea but it's gonna happen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5219486
watch THAT be the year the Texans go to the Super Bowl....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: 2014 Super Bowl will be in NY/NJ

Suprise, suprise. Didn't see that one coming. Duh. I figured that's been a done deal for some time now especially with the love fest that the media has been giving Rex Ryan and Sanchise. Sheesh.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I like the idea of a possible cold weather game. Then again I won't be likely to afford tickets anyway.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Personally I like the idea of a possible cold weather game. Then again I won't be likely to afford tickets anyway.
I'm with you. Let the weather play a part....ice bowl or not.
Old 05-25-2010   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Boooooooo!

Shouldn't going to the Super Bowl be somewhat of a reward to the teams for busting their asses all season and winning throughout the playoffs? I'd bet a cold weather SB is the last thing coaches and players want. Bleh, it's whatever
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2010   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Ughhhhh, you just know the weather is going to be the excuse of the losing team that year. 'but but but it was windy and cold! and our stadium is a dome! NO FAIR!!!'....
Old 05-25-2010   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Ughhhhh, you just know the weather is going to be the excuse of the losing team that year. 'but but but it was windy and cold! and our stadium is a dome! NO FAIR!!!'....
But if a cold weather team gets to play in it then it helps them and let's people finally play in their environment. I like that. I mean how many classic old games were played in random weather?
Old 05-26-2010   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

The winters weather in North Texas for this years upcoming SB in Arlington
is marginal, so it's really silly to even consider a game outside in New Jersey
in the winter as practical, but they built a new satdium so just like the new stadium in Arlington, the NEW York metro area gets a reward.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Bad idea and it had widespread support from the owners
and their stadium sucks for costing 1.6billion
I know property value is higher but this ain't in Manhattan
it's in New Jersey. To spend over a billion and not have retractable is pathetic
Old 05-26-2010   #12
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be all for it if the stadium had a retractable roof. Now, I'm like 60-40 for it. Let's hope it's a good weather day that Sunday.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I'd be all for it if the stadium had a retractable roof. Now, I'm like 60-40 for it. Let's hope it's a good weather day that Sunday.
People want sunshine, beaches, & golf courses for SB week, so I don't even think a domed stadium makes NY-NJ a legit SB location.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
People want sunshine, beaches, & golf courses for SB week, so I don't even think a domed stadium makes NY-NJ a legit SB location.
True but NY also supplies a city that the world knows and that is full of glitz, celebs, clubs, restaurants, etc. They can practice, stay and play in NJ but the focus will be NY and the NFL will make a killing there. Weather has always been part of the game. I'm not sure why it shouldn't be now. Some of the best playoff/SB/championship games have been played in less than stellar weather....Ice Bowl, Tuck Rule, 81 AFC Champ game with Bengals and Chargers. I just like the feel of any outdoor game vs domes.
Old 05-26-2010   #15
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it. New York is one of the world's iconic cities. That party is going to be off the chain.

As for the weather I don't think it's any more unfair of an advantage for a run first "cold weather" team to play in NY than it is when that team has to go into a perfect climate to face Indy or NO's aerial attack. And the temperature won't affect me since I'm not going to a Super Bowl anyway. Play it somewhere interesting. I'm sick of seeing the same stadiums in rotation every year. NY looks a lot better on Fox than Phoenix.
Dan B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Have every team host a SB once every 32 years. It is what it is and I don't think we should hold cities out of SB's for whatever reason.
Old 05-26-2010   #17
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do I care? Its not like I can afford tickets to go.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #18
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston should be given another Super Bowl. We showed them a good time in 2004.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Houston should be given another Super Bowl. We showed them a good time in 2004.
I think Houston will make a 2015 or 2016 bid(s). We will have to battle Tampa, and maybe even London...

How crappy would it be of the NFL to hold Super Bowl 50 in a country other than the one that made it what it is today.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not for it. Superbowl should be 100% neutral environment. Playing in possible bad conditions may completely change the game

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read