Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-25-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Chris Henry, Jerimiah Johnson

Anybody hear anything about these guys yet? Are they even at OTAs?
Old 05-25-2010   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Henry, Jerimiah Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Anybody hear anything about these guys yet? Are they even at OTAs?
Havn't heard. I was excited about getting both Johnson and Foster as undrafted free agents last year. If I remember correctly, wasn't JJ injured most of the year and sitting on the practice squad?

As far as them being at OTA, I have no idea... but the both should be. I think Tate, Slaton and Foster are locks to make the 53 man roster and all contribute throughout the year. RB may have been a weakness for us a month ago....heck it may still be, but I like the fact that we've got 3 RB's that I like a lot and we know they're the top 3 (barring injury). At least that's a little comforting.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak has mentioned full participation except for a couple of injuries so those guys are there. I am fine with the fact no one is talking about our 5th and 6th RBs
Old 05-25-2010   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kind of surprised Chris Henry is still a "texan" to be honest.
Old 05-25-2010   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I have heard they are there, but haven't heard too much about them yet.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

OTA's give fans little info. I think we will be very pleased after training camp barring injuries. Come on June 1st let's see who gets waived that we could use.
Old 05-25-2010   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 268618 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
OTA's give fans little info. I think we will be very pleased after training camp barring injuries. Come on June 1st let's see who gets waived that we could use.
June 1st isn't going to be particularly significant this year. Maybe some RFA has their offer withdrawn but the normal cap ramification significance to June 1st doesn't apply this year. Each team can designate two guys as June 1st cuts even if they release them earlier and I don't think any team has done so.
Old 05-25-2010   #8
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
June 1st isn't going to be particularly significant this year. Maybe some RFA has their offer withdrawn but the normal cap ramification significance to June 1st doesn't apply this year. Each team can designate two guys as June 1st cuts even if they release them earlier and I don't think any team has done so.
The Atogwe sweepstakes my be opened. I think that's about it.
Old 05-25-2010   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
The Atogwe sweepstakes my be opened. I think that's about it.
I'm not getting my hopes up.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Agreed & probably a lot like Rockets free agency chances, mighty slim. Still it is one more thing to look forward to.
Old 05-25-2010   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I never think about Chris Henry......that guy is a waste of locker room space.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Could care less about Henry, but I am interested on any word if Johnson is completely healthy. I think if he is it's possible he could push for Moats spot.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Call me crazy but I think Foster isn't ever giving up his #1 spot. Just looks like he's worked the hardest.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Chris Henry, Jerimiah Johnson

I saw both of them last night?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #15
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 73223 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Call me crazy but I think Foster isn't ever giving up his #1 spot. Just looks like he's worked the hardest.
I'm not going to call you crazy. There was talk around draft time that his 3 good games were just a fluke but it didn't seem that way to me. GK is going to go with who produces and has spoken positively about how Foster is producing in OTAs so far. Ben is going to have to blow GK away for him to get the 1 spot I think. That may mean that SS will be running with the 3s after he returns perhaps. Can't wait till camp when the pads are on. Going to be alot of competition at RB as well as several other spots. I, like others have mentioned prior, think there will be several vets looking for another team this summer.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #16
HOUFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden cover

Jerimiah was at all Access last night
HOUFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #17
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm not going to call you crazy. There was talk around draft time that his 3 good games were just a fluke but it didn't seem that way to me. GK is going to go with who produces and has spoken positively about how Foster is producing in OTAs so far. Ben is going to have to blow GK away for him to get the 1 spot I think. That may mean that SS will be running with the 3s after he returns perhaps. Can't wait till camp when the pads are on. Going to be alot of competition at RB as well as several other spots. I, like others have mentioned prior, think there will be several vets looking for another team this summer.
If god will grace the Texans,

Foster/Tate as a combo with SS doing what he was drafted for.

3DB/Change of Pace
Old 05-27-2010   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
If god will grace the Texans,

Foster/Tate as a combo with SS doing what he was drafted for.

3DB/Change of Pace
I hope for this but predict Slaton will start game 1 in same role as last two seasons- primary RB.
Old 05-27-2010   #19
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Let's not get too carried away here though. Don't get me wrong I think it's absolutely great that Foster is excelling in OTA's and in my mind the more competition, the better. But then again at same time it's just that, only OTA's. I do understand that he performed well in his final 3 games, but to say that he won't ever relinquish the #1 spot before the pads come on or Ben Tate even steps into the huddle may be a bit premature.

Any one remember this guy? He also excelled in OTA's/Training Camp

will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #20
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by will742 View Post
Let's not get too carried away here though. Don't get me wrong I think it's absolutely great that Foster is excelling in OTA's and in my mind the more competition, the better. But then again at same time it's just that, only OTA's. I do understand that he performed well in his final 3 games, but to say that he won't ever relinquish the #1 spot before the pads come on or Ben Tate even steps into the huddle may be a bit premature.

Any one remember this guy? He also excelled in OTA's/Training Camp

Not a fair comparison....Chris Taylor to Arian Foster because Foster did it for more than one game, even if one of his games was the last against the Pats backups. But still....Pats backups are better than most and certainly better than Browns and their backups.

I think everyone is keeping a pretty level head about Foster actually, including Foster.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read