Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans tried to trade for Lynch

J_R

Veteran

It doesn't look like a trade is going to materialize for Lynch.

Per the report, the Seattle Seahawks and the Houston Texans were unwilling to raise their offers higher than a third-round pick.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Marshawn-Lynch-Ive-never-been-a-quitter.html

After requesting a trade in April, Lynch thought he might be moved during the NFL draft. According to a league source, the Seattle Seahawks and Houston Texans made overtures but didn’t offer more than a third-round pick, and Buffalo wouldn’t bite.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-lynchfuture052310 

Love it they tried to pick up an everydown RB on the cheap. Bills asked too much and the value wasn't worth the trouble.

Looks like the Texans might be willing to put the goody 2 shoes routine aside and start trying to improve their team any way they can. Just like the rest of the NFL.

It's kinda surprising to me that they did attempt to get Lynch, if the report is true ? But I'm still disappointed they didn't make a run at Thomas Jones ?
OK I know they had a bad experience with another vet back, Ahman Green, but they could have got this guy without expending a single Draft pick and he seems a perfect compliment to younger backs Arian Foster and Slaton ? And 1400 yards rushing just last year, he's most likely got some tread left on the tires ?

It's kinda surprising to me that they did attempt to get Lynch, if the report is true ? But I'm still disappointed they didn't make a run at Thomas Jones ?
OK I know they had a bad experience with another vet back, Ahman Green, but they could have got this guy without expending a single Draft pick and he seems a perfect compliment to younger backs Arian Foster and Slaton ? And 1400 yards rushing just last year, he's most likely got some tread left on the tires ?

How do you know the didn't contact Jones?

It is all about Green. That hit em in the face and they arent gonna risk it again.

It is all about Green. That hit em in the face and they arent gonna risk it again.

What's to risk, a few million bucks ? That's chump change to McNair. On the
other hand, using our 2nd round pick for a back in the Draft as they did this year is a major investment of a very valuable asset/resource. Just think of the possibilities that were out there for that second rounder pick ? But I am thankful they didn't use their first round pick on a back.

Well I don't, but I never heard any reports that they'd made a run at him ? Did
you ?

nor did you hear any other teams that TJ visited, at least I didn't. I heard and read he went to KC and left with a contract...

He may not have given any other teams the chance to visit with him, kinda like Fanaca did.

What's to risk, a few million bucks ? That's chump change to McNair. On the
other hand, using our 2nd round pick for a back in the Draft as they did this year is a major investment of a very valuable asset/resource. Just think of the possibilities that were out there for that second rounder pick ? But I am thankful they didn't use their first round pick on a back.

Except the odds of a 30 something back being successful are not in their favors.

Love it they tried to pick up an everydown RB on the cheap. Bills asked too much and the value wasn't worth the trouble.

Looks like the Texans might be willing to put the goody 2 shoes routine aside and start trying to improve their team any way they can. Just like the rest of the NFL.

My feeling exactly. I really didn't want Lynch but it is good to hear that (1) we were seriously interested in addressing the RB position in the offseason prior to the draft and (2) that it wasn't just for a good 2 shoes... the FO was willing to give a little on that to get someone they thought would really help the team.

At the end of the day, I'd rather spend a 2nd round pick on a guy like Ben Tate who is so excited to be awarded this opportunity than trade a 3rd round pick for Marshawn Lynch.

Sounds like the Bills are trying to create a ficticious bidding war for him. By saying they would not offer more than a third round pick doesn't mean they actually offered a pick that high. The Texans might have offered Antwan Mulden for him, who was a 3rd round pick.

Jones is 32 and Lynch is 24.

Ever wonder why we go after guys with good character?

I know why we do, and LOVE it. Teams that win seldom have huge character flaws. Bengals are a prime example. They are good till the going gets tough, then their lack of character shows when you punch them in the mouth. They wilt.

I know why we do, and LOVE it. Teams that win seldom have huge character flaws. Bengals are a prime example. They are good till the going gets tough, then their lack of character shows when you punch them in the mouth. They wilt.

Just like when teams punched the Texans in the mouth, they say "good hit man", and don't fight back. Sometimes, you need those "character" guys.

Probably never know all that goes on behind the scenes but it does get frustrating when they do not seem to do anything, especially if it is something I want them to do. If there was negotiations, I am glad it ended as it did.

That game against Tennessee was awesome last year. Even AJ was getting pissed at Finnegan's punka**. That September 09 game showed me our guys have some fire to them.

Just like when teams punched the Texans in the mouth, they say "good hit man", and don't fight back. Sometimes, you need those "character" guys.

Last year, we had a team that got up off the canvas and went back to work. down 21 to Zona, we should have won that game. We have character, and don't give up. That's what high character guys do for a team.

Good to see reports the FO was busy behind the scenes to get something done prior to the draft to help address the RB spot.

In the end I'm glad they didn't get him and instead drafted Tate, but it's good to see the FO is aware of some of the flaws of the team and is willing to make an uncharacteristic move if they believe it will help the team get over the top.

So are you saying Lott was an a-hole? Similer era, Charlie Waters, another boy scout and he holds the post-season record for the most INT's. Passion and jackass are not synonymous.

I'm saying that there's been many a good player who was aslo a man of character . I think Polllard ( he's a little dirty ) and Ryans are good players but are good guys off the field .

In fact ... I bet I could build a better team of good guys who were never in the news than somebody can build an all a-hole team .

I'm saying that there's been many a good player who was aslo a man of character . I think Polllard ( he's a little dirty ) and Ryans are good players but are good guys off the field .

In fact ... I bet I could build a better team of good guys who were never in the news than somebody can build an all a-hole team .

OK. I whiffed on that one.

The Astros may look at you .

Maybe I'll think of my all good guy team offense .

LT Munoz LG Hannah C Matthews RG Munchak RT Larry Allen

QB Manning RB Payton FB ?

WR Rice , WR Tim Brown TE ?

Of course this is in the era of big media .

Rice? OK I can understand from 31 teams but not if you are a Texans' fan. AJ is the epitome of high character WR in Houston. By the way (knocking jinx bug away) AJ has the chance this year to do something nobody else has ever done - lead the league three years in a row. Right now he is tied with Rice at two.

Rice? OK I can understand from 31 teams but not if you are a Texans' fan. AJ is the epitome of high character WR in Houston. By the way (knocking jinx bug away) AJ has the chance this year to do something nobody else has ever done - lead the league three years in a row. Right now he is tied with Rice at two.

AJ is still a work in progress . He may pass a lot of folks after it's all said and done .

back on topic

In the words of Andre Ware " I have seen some momma's boys , who were the toughest guys around " .

Back