Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-24-2010   #1
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2075 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans tried to trade for Lynch

Quote:

It doesn't look like a trade is going to materialize for Lynch.

Per the report, the Seattle Seahawks and the Houston Texans were unwilling to raise their offers higher than a third-round pick.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...a-quitter.html

Quote:

After requesting a trade in April, Lynch thought he might be moved during the NFL draft. According to a league source, the Seattle Seahawks and Houston Texans made overtures but didn’t offer more than a third-round pick, and Buffalo wouldn’t bite.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...re052310%C2%A0
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans tried to trade for Lynch

I'm freaking glad they didn't offer more than a third. The dude isn't worth more than that.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I thought he was only worth about a 4th or 5th to me.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Son-uv-a... Why go after that *****..?
Old 05-24-2010   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad to see we looked around, glad to hear we didn't act desperate.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Love it they tried to pick up an everydown RB on the cheap. Bills asked too much and the value wasn't worth the trouble.

Looks like the Texans might be willing to put the goody 2 shoes routine aside and start trying to improve their team any way they can. Just like the rest of the NFL.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

It's kinda surprising to me that they did attempt to get Lynch, if the report is true ? But I'm still disappointed they didn't make a run at Thomas Jones ?
OK I know they had a bad experience with another vet back, Ahman Green, but they could have got this guy without expending a single Draft pick and he seems a perfect compliment to younger backs Arian Foster and Slaton ? And 1400 yards rushing just last year, he's most likely got some tread left on the tires ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
It's kinda surprising to me that they did attempt to get Lynch, if the report is true ? But I'm still disappointed they didn't make a run at Thomas Jones ?
OK I know they had a bad experience with another vet back, Ahman Green, but they could have got this guy without expending a single Draft pick and he seems a perfect compliment to younger backs Arian Foster and Slaton ? And 1400 yards rushing just last year, he's most likely got some tread left on the tires ?
How do you know the didn't contact Jones?
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is all about Green. That hit em in the face and they arent gonna risk it again.
Old 05-24-2010   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
It is all about Green. That hit em in the face and they arent gonna risk it again.
What's to risk, a few million bucks ? That's chump change to McNair. On the
other hand, using our 2nd round pick for a back in the Draft as they did this year is a major investment of a very valuable asset/resource. Just think of the possibilities that were out there for that second rounder pick ? But I am thankful they didn't use their first round pick on a back.
Old 05-24-2010   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
How do you know the didn't contact Jones?
Well I don't, but I never heard any reports that they'd made a run at him ? Did
you ?
Old 05-24-2010   #12
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well I don't, but I never heard any reports that they'd made a run at him ? Did
you ?
nor did you hear any other teams that TJ visited, at least I didn't. I heard and read he went to KC and left with a contract...

He may not have given any other teams the chance to visit with him, kinda like Fanaca did.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What's to risk, a few million bucks ? That's chump change to McNair. On the
other hand, using our 2nd round pick for a back in the Draft as they did this year is a major investment of a very valuable asset/resource. Just think of the possibilities that were out there for that second rounder pick ? But I am thankful they didn't use their first round pick on a back.
Except the odds of a 30 something back being successful are not in their favors.
Old 05-24-2010   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Love it they tried to pick up an everydown RB on the cheap. Bills asked too much and the value wasn't worth the trouble.

Looks like the Texans might be willing to put the goody 2 shoes routine aside and start trying to improve their team any way they can. Just like the rest of the NFL.
My feeling exactly. I really didn't want Lynch but it is good to hear that (1) we were seriously interested in addressing the RB position in the offseason prior to the draft and (2) that it wasn't just for a good 2 shoes... the FO was willing to give a little on that to get someone they thought would really help the team.

At the end of the day, I'd rather spend a 2nd round pick on a guy like Ben Tate who is so excited to be awarded this opportunity than trade a 3rd round pick for Marshawn Lynch.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like the Bills are trying to create a ficticious bidding war for him. By saying they would not offer more than a third round pick doesn't mean they actually offered a pick that high. The Texans might have offered Antwan Mulden for him, who was a 3rd round pick.
Old 05-24-2010   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I wouldnt give more than a fourth rounder
guy has showed that he has no class and is just bad guy

has first round talent but has an undrafted brain
Old 05-24-2010   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I wouldnt give more than a fourth rounder
guy has showed that he has no class and is just bad guy

has first round talent but has an undrafted brain
Agreed. Such a shame a guy is so stupid he can't pull his head out of his ass and just play ball.
Old 05-24-2010   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Agreed. Such a shame a guy is so stupid he can't pull his head out of his ass and just play ball.
Ever wonder why we go after guys with good character?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #19
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Texans tried to trade for Lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I thought he was only worth about a 4th or 5th to me.
Agreed
Old 05-24-2010   #20
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jones is 32 and Lynch is 24.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read