Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-22-2010   #1
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default David Anderson sits down with RJ

Click link to listen.(Particularly the link in the middle where it says: The full segments of the sit down can be found below, but the portion that had everyone talking was this....)Enjoy

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba...stice_vs_d.php
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Anderson sits down with RJ

I will always love hearing somebody badmouth RJ to his face. I don't care if it makes DA look childish or whatever, it still makes me feel good inside.
Old 05-22-2010   #3
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, I agree.

RJ: "IT'S NOT MY JOB TO BE LIKED!!"
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think DA was on to something there... but as soon as RJ realized that DA was pointing out how no one wanted to talk to RJ cause he is a douche and that it is an illogical reputation to garner in his line of business... well.. RJ just flew off the handle.

When his voice went up two octaves I think DA realized that if he continued to point out these things, he was gonna have RJ screaming at the top of his lungs before long.

I wish DA would have kept going actually .. if he would have kept egging RJ on i bet we would have had a sound byte worthy of an ESPN headline. "Richard Justice exposed as epic ********* with a hilariously girly scream by Texans wide receiver David Anderson"
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

DA was too easy on him, little dicke is a complete and utter jackhole....who takes uncesscary jabs at the Texans which seem to be more on a personal level or at least so his quotes that I read on this board seem to suggest because I refuse to read any of his verbal sewage these days.

I am all for being critical and objective, dickhole however is the epitome of flea excrement.....look no further than how he treated a certain blogger and bigtime contributor of this fanbase.
Old 05-22-2010   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

DA took the wrong tact. Justice is right in that it's not a journalist's job to be liked. The whole, "how many players' numbers do you have" was funny but irrelevant. He should have focused on Justice's tone and flip-flopping in his articles and blogs.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I only listened to "the portion that had everyone talking" and not any full segment but saw this quote in the article and found it funny:

Quote:
Could D.A. have held back on some of the bald comments and little "dork" jabs? Probably, but that was more show than it was mean-spirited. D.A. is not a bully.
Old 05-22-2010   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

As an avid 1560 listener, This wasn't as heated as it may seem.... According to 1560 folks they were smiling at each other while they were talking shit....

Truth be told, and having listened to it live, Dick kinda owned DA.. What Up with dat???
Old 05-22-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
As an avid 1560 listener, This wasn't as heated as it may seem.... According to 1560 folks they were smiling at each other while they were talking shit....

Truth be told, and having listened to it live, Dick kinda owned DA.. What Up with dat???
DA wa a puh-cee. He said later on his twitter that he couldn't talk shit like he wanted without getiing in trouble, or something to that effect.
Old 05-22-2010   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
DA wa a puh-cee. He said later on his twitter that he couldn't talk shit like he wanted without getiing in trouble, or something to that effect.
Yup, I know... He got pwned!!

But he still had a few good points about Dick!!
Old 05-22-2010   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't mind RJ (or anyone else) being critical, it's just way too often, his columns comes off as not pointing out legitimate flaws, or bringing valid issues to the surface, but rather - stating that his pee pee hurts (To steal from one of Dickie's own employers). You fired my good buddy S&C coach, you didn't draft my alma mater's QB, you hired an offensive line coach who's mean to the players (and won't give me the time of day). For me, I don't read him anymore because I just always find myself assuming he has an agenda that I don't really give a crap about.

The blog interaction with TC trumps anything listed in the above paragraph.
Old 05-22-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I don't mind RJ (or anyone else) being critical, it's just way too often, his columns comes off as not pointing out legitimate flaws, or bringing valid issues to the surface, but rather - stating that his pee pee hurts (To steal from one of Dickie's own employers). You fired my good buddy S&C coach, you didn't draft my alma mater's QB, you hired an offensive line coach who's mean to the players (and won't give me the time of day).

The blog interaction with TC trumps anything listed in the above paragraph.
I think RJ's pee pee does hurt. He is devastated that no one on the Texans staff will feed him info and he is bitter. And pissed at TC because she gets better info than he does.
Old 05-22-2010   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I think RJ's pee pee does hurt. He is devastated that no one on the Texans staff will feed him info and he is bitter. And pissed at TC because she gets better info than he does.
Pfffft. She works her ass off to get that info where as RJ is a lazy dooshe (yes I know I misspelled that, but it looks funnier) who just throws together a blog post in about 10 minutes on whatever subject will bring him the most comments, negative or whatever.

Nobody would hate RJ if he didn't use this schtick to get page hits.
Old 05-22-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Pfffft. She works her ass off to get that info where as RJ is a lazy dooshe (yes I know I misspelled that, but it looks funnier) who just throws together a blog post in about 10 minutes on whatever subject will bring him the most comments, negative or whatever.

Nobody would hate RJ if he didn't use this schtick to get page hits.
He know it's the only way to keep his job. If it were not for controversy, he would have no "schtick" at all.
Old 05-23-2010   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well its true that it is not the journalists job to be liked.. but it IS the journalists job to be objective, factual, and fair. Now when it comes to opinion pieces, obviously you cannot really be objective, factual, and fair... but you ARE expected to have a valid and educated opinion that is based on those "things".

The problem isnt that Dick is doing his job and because "it isnt his job to be liked", he is hated... no he is hated because he is a ********* that thinks that because it isnt his job to be liked, then it is his job to be DISLIKED.

DAs question about how many player's numbers he has IS valid because the players know they are in the spotlight and they know that it is the journalists job to state the facts and their opinions from their perspective...even if it doesnt always agree with the players... but the journalists who do it correctly (read: respectfully) can "bash" the Texans without being booed out of the lockerroom. But Dick prefers to get his notoriety through pure viciousness, sarcasm, and slander... obviously no one on the Texans is going to want anything to do with him.

Its a matter of trust. Players talk to the journalists who they know they can trust to be respectful to the players, the team, and the situation in their articles. Dick cant be trusted.
Old 05-23-2010   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans threw RJ a bone, interview DA. That's it, we're giving you one chance, if you continue writing that garbage that you do, this will be the last interview ever. It's an opportunity RJ, for your own sake, take it.
Old 05-23-2010   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Well its true that it is not the journalists job to be liked.. but it IS the journalists job to be objective, factual, and fair.
Maybe in a perfect world. In the Chronic's view, Justice's job is to sell newspapers. He attempts to achieve that goal by polarizing opinions. Facts and fairness be damned. That doesn't work on me, as I don't buy the rag (though I often peruse LZ's and Texans Chick's respective online blogs). Whether his methods obtain his goals is unknown to me. But if you're talking about what Richard Justice has penned, his job is done.
Old 05-23-2010   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

DA's an articulate fella. i'd buy him a beer.
Old 05-23-2010   #19
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Maybe in a perfect world. In the Chronic's view, Justice's job is to sell newspapers. He attempts to achieve that goal by polarizing opinions. Facts and fairness be damned. That doesn't work on me, as I don't buy the rag (though I often peruse LZ's and Texans Chick's respective online blogs). Whether his methods obtain his goals is unknown to me. But if you're talking about what Richard Justice has penned, his job is done.
I agree with you Lucky. LZ and TC blogs are worth reading but RJ, no thanks not worth reading.

GO DA!!!
GO TEXANS!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010   #20
Grid
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Eh.. as a Journalism major in college myself.. id rather find a new vocation than sacrifice my morals to push papers.

I dont think it has to be a perfect world for integrity to exist in journalism.

I think people will buy your paper and read your article if you have something worthwhile to say. People like Dick are a relic.. in the age of the internet, you cant sell papers with sensationalism. Dick says something stupid and within 10 minutes we hear about it here on the forums and someone is pasting a quote. 20 years ago if someone says that Dick wrote something inflammatory.. you might go buy the paper at lunch time.. not today.

His brand of journalism may still work, kinda...since some people will click a link and go to the article's page.. but people are just as likely, if not more likely, to click a link with player interviews and informed commentary.

I recommend that every time Dick says something stupid/inflammatory/ignorant.. that you copy and paste it on all the Texans forums, without providing a link. Let people see his idiocy for free... that way he is getting all the hate, and none of the sales. It will put him on the fast track to the unemployment line.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read