Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-09-2005   #1
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83
Default Swap Meet - Possible trade scenarios

The Redskins just lost a good MLB in Antonio Pierce. What do you guys think the odd's are that we might work a deal with the 'Skins that would send us Rod Gardner for Sharper + or - some additional incentives? Not sure how Sharper would translate to the 'Skins defense, but I figured they need another good MLB, we need a good speedster for our #2 receiver, maybe we could make a deal. The Redskins are pretty well known for wheeling and dealing in the off-season so who knows. Thoughts?
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #2
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

we had a speedster with iron hands in bradford
Old 03-09-2005   #3
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I think dont think that the Redskins would move for another ILB when they have LaVar Arrington. Plus, they just lost Lavernius Coles and I dont think theyd be willing to give up another WR. I just dont think they would let that happen. They would only have Santana Moss to throw to, even though they do have Portis.
Old 03-09-2005   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #5
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
I think dont think that the Redskins would move for another ILB when they have LaVar Arrington. Plus, they just lost Lavernius Coles and I dont think theyd be willing to give up another WR. I just dont think they would let that happen. They would only have Santana Moss to throw to, even though they do have Portis.
Arrington is a OLB.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont want to replace old talent with more old talent.

Picks.. or a young player(s)
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #7
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Gardener sucks
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2005   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a reason his nickname is 50/50
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I heard that the Vikes are going after Gardner. Why they would go for Gardner and not sign Burress is beyond me.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #10
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Any other possible trades you guys thinking might surface?

I think Plaxico wants to much for his deal and Gardner I heard signed.

Last edited by U4ikrob; 03-10-2005 at 12:47 PM.
U4ikrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #11
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Gardner became expendible when they signed David Patten. I think they will draft a wide receiver this year with their first pick.
Old 03-10-2005   #12
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Default Swap Meet - Possible trade scenarios

I'll start with one and hopefully you guys will not beat me too soundly and will chime in with ideas and thoughts and scenarios of your own.

Swap Meet - Edge to Texans for ...

Possible Players Involved:

Edgerrin James [RB] Colts
Jaime Sharper [LB] Texans
Jay Foreman [LB] Texans
Corey Bradford [WR] Texans
2006 or 2007 Houston Texans Draft Pick

EJ is a pro-bowl solid running back - Only 26 yrs old - He's coming off a pretty darn good pro-bowl year and our OC [Palmer] and Coach seem to really loves to control the clock and run the ball - so why not trade for a Pro bowl quality RB? Could give us stability and a serious all the time running threat who hopefully wont have the health issues all of our running backs seem to have every year. Dont get me wrong folks I love DD too - but he has yet to play a whole season without getting injured - The same goes for every other back on the roster except Wells the first year if I recall right. This could also be a golden opportunity to seriously weaken a division rival and put ourselves in the drivers seat to the playoff hunt.

Notes: EJ, his agent and the Colts are all looking to make a deal - and according to the Internet buzz - it doesnt have to involve all 1st rounders either. He wants a good long term deal and I think he would be a quality Immediate impact player that could help put us over the top and with a couple of good trades and a decent contract offer we could have a 1-2 combo on offense that would give us the weapons to score at anytime. I dont think we would have to break the bank to get him either with a few of the FA's we have available to trade with - I think we could get one heck of a bargain. Lots of other upsides on the deal I can see - but I'm just wondering if there is a catch to Edge or is it all just not enough money to go around and he's the odd man out.

Thoughts??
Old 03-10-2005   #13
Holden135
Veteran

Well that isn't completely a crazy idea. The Colts are in desperate need of defensive help. The Colts are looking to win a title now. Manning may only have another 4 or so great seasons left in him so the idea of picking up a solid lb that may only have 2 good years left in him won't necessarily turn them off of the idea. If that were to happen i wouldnt be surprised if D. Davis was incorporated in the deal as well. It would still be a doubtful trade but if it were to happen i wouldnt be too surprised.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #14
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

The skins would not trade for sharper since they have Barrow in the middle. If any team trades for him, it is going to be seattle. Since they have started 7 different ILBs since Holmgrin(?) took over as head coach.
Old 03-10-2005   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

What sucks is we'll have to play Sharper in the 2005 season.
Old 03-10-2005   #16
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

The trade for James won't happen. At least not as proposed. Bradford is a UFA. We can't include him in a trade unless he signs. He isn't going to sign a deal so he can get traded to a place where he is no better than #4 on the depth chart.

The Colts do need to get better on D. I fail to see where acquiring Jay Foreman would help towards that goal. Besides teams are more likely to wait and sign him as a FA since I would be amazed if he isn't released on June 1.

The draft pick would be ok, but the going price for a back seems to be at best a #2 pick. I don't know if they want to dump him for that.

I think James has the ability to veto a trade. I don't know how receptive he would be to come here.
Old 03-10-2005   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
The draft pick would be ok, but the going price for a back seems to be at best a #2 pick. I don't know if they want to dump him for that.
The Colts are willing to take less than a 1st rounder for James.

Quote:
James' new agent Drew Rosenhaus said the Indianapolis Colts were not demanding a first-round draft pick in exchange for the former two-time NFL rushing champion.
Link

Quote:
I think James has the ability to veto a trade.
Don't think he has any option other than not playing.
Old 03-10-2005   #18
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I heard that the Vikes are going after Gardner. Why they would go for Gardner and not sign Burress is beyond me.
Money, Money, Money...MONEY.

Another factor is that they might be targeting Mike Williams as the Randy Moss replacement.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #19
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

I wonder whats the deal with Plax getting no love anywhere in the league. I mean even our team is needing a good #2 receiver yet ive heard nothing of the Texans talking with him at all. Today also the Giants have removed the offer on the table for him. I'm thinking he and his agent might be in prime position for a bargain deal, but it makes one wonder whats the deal too.

Back to the Edge - Yea I figured there were some particulars that might not work out, but the Colts need help on Defense and we might make a good trade with them. I think Sharper and Foreman could be parts of a trade scenario along with picks or a combo of some kind. Just trying to think of some palces and folks I think could help our team take the next steps forward and become a playoff team.

If we can pick up Edge or Plax for the bargain price being shoped around it could be some deals for us that could be some real help fora few years at least and more to come if things go well. I know Edge is only 26 and I think Plax is only 29 so have some years left on their wheels too.

I'm thinking at this point with the budget we have left and few players we can trade what do we have to loose with talking to the agents of both these guys and finding out what are the details on the deals for both of them?

Thoughts?

Last edited by U4ikrob; 03-10-2005 at 03:46 PM.
U4ikrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #20
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
What sucks is we'll have to play Sharper in the 2005 season.

And whats so bad about that ?? Lord he has been our most productive player on defense in the last 2 years, and now everyone is wanting him gone,,,i just dont get it !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read