Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-21-2010   #1
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foster our starting RB?

"I've been impressed with Foster," Kubiak said. "(He) went from first year to second year a big jump, just (from) watching him practice. Steve is sitting here lining up as a two and he started 15 games two years ago. Hasn't said a word, just working, and that's been very impressive.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=6174

I'm not only saying this becuase Kubaik is praising him. I've been watching the last two games and Foster has been running with a high motor. He's moving piles when he needs to, and puts on a move in the open field. He's got potential to be our starter.
Now it's up to Tate and see how he does but I really think Foster will be our main RB and Tate will be put in for the short yard situations
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 25997 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster our starting RB?

I say its only because Slaton and Tate are injured. I think Tate would be getting the first team reps if he was completely healthy. Slaton is being reduced to being what he was drafted for.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 109743 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, look at it this way. If Slaton rebounds, Foster continues to roll like he finished the season and JJ or Moats step up, our weakest position might eventually become pretty strong. Hopefully Tate will get some action next week and he's able to show what he's got.

In the end, I can't wait until camp and pre-season where the pads are strapped up and the hittin begins. We'll get a better look at the RB corps.
Old 05-21-2010   #4
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, to go from a two headed monster with Slaton and Tate to a three headed monster???

Dios Mio....

Old 05-21-2010   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont want to rain on anyone's parade but dont we always have a conversation about one of our "no-name" running backs in the offseason who is getting praised...

and we always talk about how this guy might be "THE" guy and we all get all stirred up and excited and then... well you know...week 1 comes around and...

well I dont want to jinx anything. He could be THE guy. I know I was really impressed with Foster and Moats last season... at this point im just happy that we have RBs worth getting excited about.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #6
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
I dont want to rain on anyone's parade but dont we always have a conversation about one of our "no-name" running backs in the offseason who is getting praised...
and we always talk about how this guy might be "THE" guy and we all get all stirred up and excited and then... well you know...week 1 comes around and...

well I dont want to jinx anything. He could be THE guy. I know I was really impressed with Foster and Moats last season... at this point im just happy that we have RBs worth getting excited about.
^^^^^^^^

Captain Bringdown and the Buzzkill Posse
Old 05-21-2010   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 109743 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And who are we speaking of that might be a "no-name" this season?

I'd agree with your statement following a few seasons. I admit, I was high on Chris Taylor one off-season. That didn't last long. Ha

We've got a 2nd round rookie from the SEC who I think could be just as good, if not better than those drafted in front of him. We've got Foster, another RB out of the SEC. IMO, the only thing that kept him off the field most of last season was his poor practice habits. We've got Slaton, a guy who's proven he can do it on the field. I beleive he'll now be used at what he was initially drafted for, a 3rd down back.

We've got Moats, then a bunch of guys fighting for a spot.
Old 05-21-2010   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 25997 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to mention most of those "no-name" backs didn't even play in the NFL yet. At least Foster has played in a couple of games.
Old 05-21-2010   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foster our starting RB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Yes. Especially when based on coach-speak.
Old 05-21-2010   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329528 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

One of, how about one - Chris Taylor. A guy who might have had the talent to make it but nobody knows because of injury.
Old 05-21-2010   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's say this is not just the normal OTA I have to say somethng nice about him thing, do we think that the competition is really best man carries the ball or is Tate the lead guy no matter what?
Old 05-21-2010   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Let's say this is not just the normal OTA I have to say somethng nice about him thing, do we think that the competition is really best man carries the ball or is Tate the lead guy no matter what?
I do think it will be based on merit. Executing a meritocracy is one of the characteristics I like about Kubiak.
Old 05-21-2010   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Unlike the previous guy, Chris Taylor who only did well in like the last game of the season, I like the fact that Foster at least showed 3 games worth of production facing two very good defenses that still had something on the line in Miami and New England.

Is the Jury still out on him, sure! However you can't discard him because he's shown he can play in this league.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on how Foster played late in the season last year, based on what we project Tate to do (and with good reason), and based on what we know Slaton is capable of doing I think we have a lot to be excited about.

Agree that we are always looking for that RB this time a year and some of us (like myself) can get excited at the prospect of finally plugging the hole only to be disappointed. But......we drafted a bruiser with speed and power in the early rounds that projects very well in the ZBS and coming off of a very productive college career. Slaton will finally not have to carry the load and that should keep him fresh and we should see the explosivness that comes with that and as mentioned will be used for the intent he was chosen. And Foster should be able to at least be a role player based on what we saw late last year, getting first team reps should help him get ready for the season.

I see Moats hanging on to the very last spot and maybe not even dressing on gameday.
Old 05-21-2010   #15
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 67071 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
"I've been impressed with Foster," Kubiak said. "(He) went from first year to second year a big jump, just (from) watching him practice. Steve is sitting here lining up as a two and he started 15 games two years ago. Hasn't said a word, just working, and that's been very impressive.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=6174

I'm not only saying this becuase Kubaik is praising him. I've been watching the last two games and Foster has been running with a high motor. He's moving piles when he needs to, and puts on a move in the open field. He's got potential to be our starter.
Now it's up to Tate and see how he does but I really think Foster will be our main RB and Tate will be put in for the short yard situations
If Foster is the starter, the Texans are...

ED

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Suckpatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #16
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Based on how Foster played late in the season last year, based on what we project Tate to do (and with good reason), and based on what we know Slaton is capable of doing I think we have a lot to be excited about.

Agree that we are always looking for that RB this time a year and some of us (like myself) can get excited at the prospect of finally plugging the hole only to be disappointed. But......we drafted a bruiser with speed and power in the early rounds that projects very well in the ZBS and coming off of a very productive college career. Slaton will finally not have to carry the load and that should keep him fresh and we should see the explosivness that comes with that and as mentioned will be used for the intent he was chosen. And Foster should be able to at least be a role player based on what we saw late last year, getting first team reps should help him get ready for the season.

I see Moats hanging on to the very last spot and maybe not even dressing on gameday.
Maybe Moats can be traded for something. I doubt his trade value is very high though. He'll probably stick with the team in case of an injury during the season.
Old 05-21-2010   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell I called Foster to the Texans (In the 4th though ahahaha) last year before the draft and was pleasantly surprised he was with us as a UDFA. However, if Foster is our starter then that means that both Slaton and Tate have probably failed magnificently during the pre-season.

I think Foster is a very good guy to have waiting on the bench for when Kubiak gets mad at his back and has him ride the pine for one reason or another.
Old 05-21-2010   #18
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
If Foster is the starter, the Texans are...

ED
Think so?

15 @STL W 16-13 2 7 3.5 6 0 1 13 13.0 13 0 1 1
16 @MIA W 27-20 19 97 5.1 17 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
17 NE W 34-27 20 119 6.0 24 2 3 26 8.7 10 0 0 0

a 5.1 YPC against Miami, a 6.0 YPC against NE...

Id take it, bro.
Old 05-21-2010   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Maybe Moats can be traded for something. I doubt his trade value is very high though. He'll probably stick with the team in case of an injury during the season.
Well, if my assumptions turned out to be accurate, we still need Moats. Just one injury away from him being needed.
Old 05-21-2010   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I'm still waiting for Morency to break out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read