Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-21-2010   #1
Grforces
Veteran

Section: anywhere and everywhere
Rep Power: 67 Grforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans gonna finally beat the colts?

Im new here, I just recently started following the Texans for the 09 season. I cant seem to get enough. Anyways besides that check out what NFL TA is saying. What you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ring-the-Colts
Grforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans gonna finally beat the colts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grforces View Post
Im new here, I just recently started following the Texans for the 09 season. I cant seem to get enough. Anyways besides that check out what NFL TA is saying. What you guys think?

Great first post. I think Solomon & Rod hit on some key points, and I think they did a good job reviewing the Texans.

I think Solomon hit the nail on the head... there is a mental block there, that we have got to get over.
Old 05-21-2010   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Basically we have to not collapse in hilarious fashion if we are to beat the Colts.
Old 05-21-2010   #4
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Twice this upcoming season.
Old 05-21-2010   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

OK. maybe the Magic 8-Ball is pure speculation.

But I just have to see us beat the Colts before I believe it will be done. And even then, it would still be possibly just a fluke.

Until it happens more regularly, it has to be treated as a fluke unless it's an obvious changing-of-the-guard type of game where we dominate from start to finish.
Old 05-21-2010   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Twice this upcoming season.
Weve beat them once in our entire existence. I'd be happy splitting with them
Old 05-21-2010   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

But I just have to see us beat the Colts before I believe it will be done. And even then, it would still be possibly just a fluke.

Until it happens more regularly, it has to be treated as a fluke unless it's an obvious changing-of-the-guard type of game where we dominate from start to finish.
The sad part is there's been about 3 or 4 games in the past 3 or 4 seasons where we pretty much do dominate them until about halfway through the 4th quarter. Then we don our rodeo clown outfits and make a spectacle of ourselves.
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2010   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grforces View Post

What got you to following the Texans this past season? Was it a particular player?

Welcome to the board.
Old 05-21-2010   #9
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally???

We have beat the Colts before.

I know it's nothing to hang your hat on, but "finally" is not the word I would use......
Old 05-21-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The sad part is there's been about 3 or 4 games in the past 3 or 4 seasons where we pretty much do dominate them until about halfway through the 4th quarter. Then we don our rodeo clown outfits and make a spectacle of ourselves.
Yeah, I agree.

It's just sad. I think having David Carr lining up against Peyton Manning has instilled an overall lack of confidence by our whole team. When we had Carr, we had no chance on offense at all. And our defense was facing a great Qb entering his prime. It was double-doomsday for us.

And we just haven't climbed out of that pit yet.

It's like the abused girlfriend who finds herself perpetually in abusive relationships. She doesn't know anything else. And when it looks like she's about to land a great guy, she self-destructs under the pressure and reverts back to bad relationships. It's just a funk that we've got going on.

I hope we really nail those Colts this year. A really good, severe beatdown that leaves no question about it. That'll be almost enough for me.
Old 05-21-2010   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Finally???

I know it's nothing to hang your hat on, but "finally" is not the word I would use......
Okay, then, when the Texans finally beat the colts for the second time in team history?
Old 05-21-2010   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Yeah, I agree.

It's just sad. I think having David Carr lining up against Peyton Manning has instilled an overall lack of confidence by our whole team. When we had Carr, we had no chance on offense at all. And our defense was facing a great Qb entering his prime. It was double-doomsday for us.

And we just haven't climbed out of that pit yet.

It's like the abused girlfriend who finds herself perpetually in abusive relationships. She doesn't know anything else. And when it looks like she's about to land a great guy, she self-destructs under the pressure and reverts back to bad relationships. It's just a funk that we've got going on.

I hope we really nail those Colts this year. A really good, severe beatdown that leaves no question about it. That'll be almost enough for me.
Most of the people who lined up with Carr are pretty much gone now. There's no reason for this team to be so shell shocked against the Colts when it's obvious that we do have enough firepower to beat them (As evidenced by at least a few games over the past 2 or 3 seasons) but we just go 3 stooges when it's time to put them away.

Yeah, Peyton is probably going to shred the secondary like he does to 90% of the NFL teams out there, but I think that the Colts have enough problems covering AJ and Daniels that we can take advantage of them. It's always always some super boneheaded plays that give the Colts a nice fat W in the waning minutes.

I love that we start our season off against them. Sure they may seem nigh unbeatable, but if you want the season to be a success there is no better place to start than at home against Indy.
Old 05-21-2010   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Most of the people who lined up with Carr are pretty much gone now. There's no reason for this team to be so shell shocked against the Colts when it's obvious that we do have enough firepower to beat them (As evidenced by at least a few games over the past 2 or 3 seasons) but we just go 3 stooges when it's time to put them away.

Yeah, Peyton is probably going to shred the secondary like he does to 90% of the NFL teams out there, but I think that the Colts have enough problems covering AJ and Daniels that we can take advantage of them. It's always always some super boneheaded plays that give the Colts a nice fat W in the waning minutes.

I love that we start our season off against them. Sure they may seem nigh unbeatable, but if you want the season to be a success there is no better place to start than at home against Indy.
I think it's the knowledge that you're not the bext on your own block. And that the difference between the block bully and us is VERY large. Over time, you just can't visualize actually getting past them...until the bully gets so old that his body wears down and is vulnerable.

I think it started in the Carr years, and my assertion (as you said) is probably not a good one. We could have had a really good QB under center and it wouldn't have mattered with where Manning and that Colts team were at that time.

We have to hope that the block's bully has slipped in his ability to dominate. We need a small opening to exploit, and then we'll be OK. These things are cyclical anyways. No team dominates for like 10 years or more. They all hit a low spot at some point. We just have to hope that we hit our peak when the other three teams in our division are in decline. That, to me, is the perfect recipe for a good run at the title over multiple seasons. The Colts have leveraged that sort of recipe for a long time now.
Old 05-21-2010   #14
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 510 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We have to hope that the block's bully has slipped in his ability to dominate. We need a small opening to exploit, and then we'll be OK. These things are cyclical anyways. No team dominates for like 10 years or more. They all hit a low spot at some point. We just have to hope that we hit our peak when the other three teams in our division are in decline. That, to me, is the perfect recipe for a good run at the title over multiple seasons. The Colts have leveraged that sort of recipe for a long time now.
I don't think the Colts are gonna slip much this year if at all.

For what it's worth, I agree with much of what everyone has said in this thread. The talent for Houston to beat the Colts is certainly there, but they need to play a full 60 minutes to get it done.

I expect the AFC South to be a 2 team race this year.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
I don't think the Colts are gonna slip much this year if at all.

For what it's worth, I agree with much of what everyone has said in this thread. The talent for Houston to beat the Colts is certainly there, but they need to play a full 60 minutes to get it done.

I expect the AFC South to be a 2 team race this year.
Heck even if we sweep y'all I would still expect it to be tough to win the division. We don't have any influence on the other 14 games and as long as Manning is there I expect the Colts to crank out 11+ win seasons.
Old 05-21-2010   #16
Grforces
Veteran

Section: anywhere and everywhere
Rep Power: 67 Grforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
What got you to following the Texans this past season? Was it a particular player?

Welcome to the board.

Thanks, I finally changed jobs and had time to follow the texans. I started following a little bit since the inception, but not like you guys here, and not like i have been for the 09 season. A loss ruined the whole week for me.
Im not a kub basher, I had mixed feelings when they gave him an extension, but I think the mental hurdle is the coaching. Cushing and pollard brought it for the D, shaub and johnson got it for the O. It's just not coming together and I feel like alot of that is on the coaching. Like someone said, the talent is more then there.
Grforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #17
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

The colts didn't beat us in either game last year....from what I remember.

What I remember is the Texans beating the Colts, then beating themselves and since the Colts were the only other team present they got the W's. Texans were the driving force in both games, unfortunately in both games their play was to hand the game over.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Finally???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Okay, then, when the Texans finally beat the colts for the second time in team history?
If you watch the video, the question is who can knock the Colts off as the division winner this year. Indy has won the division 6 of the past 8 years. The other 2 belong to the Tacks. Are the Texans going to finally beat the Colts as the division winner is what the thread/video is about.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This

Prove it- Make the playoffs.

If the Texans atart out 3-1 they will probably be talking about the playoffs. Followed by a 3-4 game losing streak. It's time for them to stop talking and prove it on the field.

They haven't even proven they can beat the Tacks muchless the Colts. (Dose of reality)

Which will be difficult because the used car salesman that is McNair has been saying they are a playoff team the last 2 yrs. See where thats gotten them.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on Indy.

I hate to say it, but as a fan of this team, I no longer have expectations for this franchise, much less high expectations like beating the Colts.

I'll never stop cheering for them, though!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read